Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Hey I'm New Here, Check Out My Pony (New Pics) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hey I'm New Here, Check Out My Pony (New Pics)
Blue91LX
¯
Member # 8320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue91LX  Ford pictures for Blue91LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm Taylor, you probably know Yellow94gt, I'm his little brother. I just moved to California from Northern Idaho and began working on my first Mustang. When I was down visiting for spring break I bought a 91 LX roller off of a guy here on CaFords. I left the car with my brother while I was finishing up HS and over the last month or so have been slowly putting it together.

Sence it was already engineless I decided that it would be best to go ahead and do some engine bay clean up. I welded all the small holes closed and made panels to cover what was unfixable with the wire feed. So far I've gotten the bondo work done and the last coat of primer and will hopefully be painting it, (body color), this weekend!

Whenever I hit a snag with the engine compartment I've been working on the motor. I bought a wrecked hatch from a buddy to use as a doner car for this project. I took the stock 5.0 and T5 tranny out of it. I cleaned it up by sand blasting certain parts, putting a fresh coat of paint on the block and heads and had a few parts powder coated as well. It has been a lot of work cleaning everything up, but I didn't want to throw some nasty, greasy old motor in my nice engine bay. With my bros help, we also tore down the motor to the bare long block and replaced all the seals and gaskets, because I don't want this thing leaking all over the place either! [Big Grin]

Heres some pics guys!

My car
 -

Motor before
 -

Cleaned up
 -

starting with the driver side. going to do a battery relocation so i dont need to be able to mount it there.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
Passenger side.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ July 13, 2008, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Blue91LX ]

--------------------
Late Model High Performance
AEDHP.COM

Posts: 164 | From: Cameron Park California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ahh...arons old LX....beautiful car!!

Welcome!!

[patriot]

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

Blue91LX
¯
Member # 8320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue91LX  Ford pictures for Blue91LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah the guy that bought it from Aaron just bought it, rolled it off the trailor, and let it sit in the garage for a year before I bought it.
We also know the previous owner before Aaron. This car has been in our group of friends for a long time. It has quite a history.

[ July 12, 2008, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Blue91LX ]

--------------------
AEDHP.COM

sic ls1
¯
Member # 7036

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic ls1  Ford pictures for sic ls1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice I like! so that thing has some secret parts in it right? lol

--------------------
1988 lx coupe. Exhaust,4:10's 13.6 @ 100mph
2001 ss camaro 11.55 @ 123 415/372

Blue91LX
¯
Member # 8320

quote:
Originally posted by Just a lx:
nice I like! so that thing has some secret parts in it right? lol

Well if I told you they wouldn't be secret would they? [Smile] No not really, for the most part shes gonna be all stock... for now.

--------------------
AEDHP.COM

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
welcome. nice work and car good luck [patriot]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car already look's good! I bet it won't be stock for long [dance] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweet car It will nice to see it back on the road again. Pick through the pile of extra speed parts out back of AED.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So it was YOU who bought it [Frown]
I wanted that car bad!

Just kidding man. Welcome and best of luck with the buildup. I'm sure big brother will steer you in the right direction.

Luke

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wish i had the skills to do hat type of work.
nice man keep us posted.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh you suck a wanted the wheels off that car lol.... nice car and welcome! [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ditto about being glad that car is going back on the road [patriot]
you have some good skills there my man, i'm def. jealous! looks real nice, gonna be a clean fox when it's done.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

Blue91LX
¯
Member # 8320

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
sweet car It will nice to see it back on the road again. Pick through the pile of extra speed parts out back of AED.

Thanks,

Its actually more like piles on top of piles.. lol.
Drew has already donated quite a bit to the project.

--------------------
AEDHP.COM

SSF 50
¯
Member # 7219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF 50  Ford pictures for SSF 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what is that big hole for in the pass. sheild?

--------------------
Never Ending List of 50z!!

"BAY AREA STUNNAZ"
Dude that 5.0 is not a 5.0 no way bro. It has to have a diff motor.

Blue91LX
¯
Member # 8320

quote:
Originally posted by SSF 50:

Air intake, i saw this thing called the Fox Box online. i think i might use it.

Check it out.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/2666.shtml

--------------------
AEDHP.COM

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good, i like the underhood work you did. Looks super clean.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome Taylor!!! [patriot]

Thats a clean stang. I remember it being up for sale a while back...Good luck with the project!!!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue91LX:
quote:

Air intake, i saw this thing called the Fox Box online. i think i might use it.

Check it out.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/2666.shtml

Fox Box is a cool setup. You should talk to Bottlefed. He has one on his 'vert. [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Fox Lightning
¯
Member # 7658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fox Lightning  Ford pictures for Fox Lightning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Whoo Whooooo!] Looks clean man, have fun with the project.

--------------------
K7 Gsxr 750 (stock) 10.89 @ 137
68 Coupe N/A (stock) 302 t5 9" 12.2 ON 315-18" DR's (under construction)

Raider A's Warriors

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good. Lotta work to remove the tubular k member and put a stock one in for paint.

Same thing I am doing on my fox.

Looking good.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Looking good. Lotta work to remove the tubular k member and put a stock one in for paint.

Looking good.

I have a few old k members from the shop that have small wheels welded on them for moving around cars that have the motors/front suspension removed. We just put one of those on for paint, it took about 15 minutes. [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:

Looking good.

I have a few old k members from the shop that have small wheels welded on them for moving around cars that have the motors/front suspension removed. We just put one of those on for paint, it took about 15 minutes. [Big Grin]
Damn good idea.

Wish I had one of those!!

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

it use to have a s-trim in it with a power pipe
Blue91LX
¯
Member # 8320

quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:

it use to have a s-trim in it with a power pipe
We also decided to just leave it a large opening because we aren't really sure what combo we will be running later on. This was there is enough room for any setup.

--------------------
AEDHP.COM

89_302notch
¯
Member # 5906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_302notch  Ford pictures for 89_302notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i like the car and for the engine bay you did a very nice job to it soon i hope to get my bay lookin as good as that [Big Grin]

--------------------
1990 Midnight blue Ford Gt
1994 Z28 Camaro
Im going to miss my 89 notch and 85 gt

Posts: 90 | From: San Pablo Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com