Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » MRC(Mad Racing Concepts) Racing Seats installed...(teaser pics) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: MRC(Mad Racing Concepts) Racing Seats installed...(teaser pics)
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I finally too some pics of the "highly anticipated" MRC racing seats that I picked up from Ebay. Installation was a bitch to say the least. Luckily my dad knew a couple people that made me some custom brackets.

I used the stock power seat track on the driver side and the stock manual seat track for the passenger side. I HIGHLY recommend using your power seat tracks because it'll allow you to lower the height a bit. The seats really do sit pretty high and I'm pretty short.

Sorry, but my car is dirty...just a few "teaser" pics until I finish the car.

Let me know what you think [patriot]

-

-

-

-

-

[ June 26, 2008, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship]

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damnman..hate u for getting them first. looks bad ass and perfect with the color scheme.
Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
badass man!

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks sik.. two/tone the rears an ur finished. bad ass

[dance]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fr500 steering wheel next?
Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the compliments. Re-doing the rears are next on the list after I get all the "necessities" finished on the car.

What dies the FR500 steering wheel look like?

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix:
thanks for the compliments. Re-doing the rears are next on the list after I get all the "necessities" finished on the car.

What dies the FR500 steering wheel look like?

Those seats look great. I would love a set for my 95...

I always wanted to get an FR500 steering wheel, but never have felt like spending the money & none of my steering wheels have been messed up enough to get one...It will look sick in your car, but you will need to find a black airbag

-

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll have to look into the FR500 steering wheel. I think I'm going to save te extra money and just have the leather re-wrapped. Thanks for the idea though [patriot]

--------------------

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The seats look very nice. Never heard of them before [Confused] How's the quality?

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

The quality is very good. The leather feels strong and thick..not cheap. No loose threads hanging off ro anything.

They are identical to the Arizen racing seats. I think they are manufactured by the same company.

--------------------

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks great with your interior scheme! is it me or it the passenger seat a little crooked? and when you say a little high, how much higher are you sitting then stock?

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:
looks great with your interior scheme! is it me or it the passenger seat a little crooked? and when you say a little high, how much higher are you sitting then stock?

No the passenger seat isn't crooked. The car is on jackstands in the rear so my picture is kind of at a bad angle [Big Grin]

As for the height, the driver seat is significantly higher. I have the power seat all the way down and I still have to put the stering wheel tilt all the way up (or one click down from the top). The passenger side feels OK, but I'm not really sure what the original height was since I was always the driver [Razz]

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
The quality is very good. The leather feels strong and thick..not cheap. No loose threads hanging off ro anything.

They are identical to the Arizen racing seats. I think they are manufactured by the same company.

theyre the same as the older arizen seats. i believe arizen charges more due to changing out the leather, adding bolsters and being more flexible in color choices/schemes. for half the price, ill go with the mad seats.

u cant argue $400 for a set of new leather seats cant be beat. add $125 for wedge engineering seat brackets and shipping..you're all set.

[ June 26, 2008, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RioredGT  Ford pictures for RioredGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:

theyre the same as the older arizen seats. i believe arizen charges more due to changing out the leather, adding bolsters and being more flexible in color choices/schemes. for half the price, ill go with the mad seats.

u cant argue $400 for a set of new leather seats cant be beat. add $125 for wedge engineering seat brackets and shipping..you're all set.

Is there somewhere on the web where I can buy this stuff?
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by RioredGT:
quote:
quote:

Is there somewhere on the web where I can buy this stuff?
you can get the Arizen seats at arizenracing.com

They also sell the custom brackets to allow the seats to bolt in without modification.

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
I'll have to look into the FR500 steering wheel. I think I'm going to save te extra money and just have the leather re-wrapped. Thanks for the idea though [patriot]

yeah, try wheelskin.com. you can leather covers u stitch on in solid or 2 tone colors. if u want to go all out , u can get the same matching leather as ur seats.just order samples of the leather to compare.

i like the fr500 steering wheel but i cant convince myself to spend $150-180 for a steering wheel.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice! [patriot] [worship]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:

yeah, try wheelskin.com. you can leather covers u stitch on in solid or 2 tone colors. if u want to go all out , u can get the same matching leather as ur seats.just order samples of the leather to compare.

i like the fr500 steering wheel but i cant convince myself to spend $150-180 for a steering wheel.

I'll check them out. Thanks!

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CLEAN THAT Steeringwheel!!!! [dance] [Whoo Whooooo!]
Badass seats!

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
Badass seats!

if it's like the wheel was on my `97, cleaning the wheel does nothing, the leather is just done for, everytime I cleaned it some more would discolor to that dark gray.

I just swapped the wheel with a perfect one that I scored last weekend, I'm so happy to not have to drive with a fucked up looking wheel [Big Grin]

the seats look great in the car btw, I scored a set of the same style 2 tone door panels for my `97 out of the same car I got the new wheel from, my rear 1/4 panels don't match, it's only black down to the part at the base of the windows. Not a big deal, I'm just going to pull them out, mask off below the mold line and dye them black to match the front door panels, I think that look is great.

I would love to go all black but the seats in my car are absolutely perfect and I doubt I could find any black early sn95 gt seats in the same shape.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
Badass seats!

if it's like the wheel was on my `97, cleaning the wheel does nothing, the leather is just done for, everytime I cleaned it some more would discolor to that dark gray.

I just swapped the wheel with a perfect one that I scored last weekend, I'm so happy to not have to drive with a fucked up looking wheel [Big Grin]

the seats look great in the car btw, I scored a set of the same style 2 tone door panels for my `97 out of the same car I got the new wheel from, my rear 1/4 panels don't match, it's only black down to the part at the base of the windows. Not a big deal, I'm just going to pull them out, mask off below the mold line and dye them black to match the front door panels, I think that look is great.

I would love to go all black but the seats in my car are absolutely perfect and I doubt I could find any black early sn95 gt seats in the same shape.

You're absolutely right, the leather on the steering wheel is done for. I'm going to try and find a good replacement or just wrap it somehow. It really throws off the look of my interior [Frown]

As for the interior color, I agree that the 2-tone black and gray is better than all black. Gives the car a little more character [Big Grin] What seats did you get?

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

As for the interior color, I agree that the 2-tone black and gray is better than all black. Gives the car a little more character [Big Grin] What seats did you get?

I scored a set of perfect grey tweed seats from a `95 gt, front and rear.

I'll put up some pics of the interior of the car soon, I basically scored the entire interior from the `95 gt and it was all in mint condition except for one of the clutch pedal covers. I've installed most of it already (wheel, center console, hvac panel, door panels, seats, etc) but I want to pull the rear panels and dye them to match.

I had to dye the door pull insert on the drivers side, because the parts car I stripped was a convertible so it had extra window buttons, I dyed the one that came with my car that was gray, it's damn near a perfect match with the rest of the door panel so I'm hopeful the rear panels will come out as good.

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:

I scored a set of perfect grey tweed seats from a `95 gt, front and rear.

I'll put up some pics of the interior of the car soon, I basically scored the entire interior from the `95 gt and it was all in mint condition except for one of the clutch pedal covers. I've installed most of it already (wheel, center console, hvac panel, door panels, seats, etc) but I want to pull the rear panels and dye them to match.

I had to dye the door pull insert on the drivers side, because the parts car I stripped was a convertible so it had extra window buttons, I dyed the one that came with my car that was gray, it's damn near a perfect match with the rest of the door panel so I'm hopeful the rear panels will come out as good.

what did you use to dye the door inserts? Mine are pretty worn and I was planning to get them painted black like my exterior but if you have something that works, I'd try it!

Let me know!

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

http://www.partsamerica.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=DPL&MfrPartNumber=HVP100&CategoryCode=3281

it takes a bit of prep, basically I used some dawn detergent and washed it, then scuffed with steel wool, let dry, heated it up with a shop light, heated up the paint, then sprayed 4 VERY LIGHT coats leaving it to dry by the heat of the shop light for 15 mins between coats.

works great!

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com