Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Fires (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fires
Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dana must be busy... He hasnt given us any updates or pictures. Theres tons of fires.

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fire = $$$$$$$ for him..lol... he sure is taking long enough to paint that car... wanted to see more pics of it...

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got back yesterday, 14 days 16 hour shifts, my first day there they had us work for 33 hours. 6am to 2300 everyday, hiking up 70+ degree angle hillsides fighting fire. Saw good fire activity, i am glad to be home though. i went 14 days without a shower, we were spiked out for the entire trip.
 -

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i thank you for being the warrior you are. very much respected in my book. [patriot] [worship]

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah the fires have been good for me. I have been running trailers for a Fire equipment company. They supply the showers, sinks, and luandry units so the firefighters can take a shower when they get time to shower. Or get there stuff washed. They also provide other misc. things like chairs, tables, AC units, tents ETC.

I have been from placerville to conocti, watsonville to chico, Fort hunter Ligget(big sir) to Ukia, Vacaville to Bonnville, and when I get back in town from Tahoe I have to take a few trailers to the fire in Yuba Gap(Truckee).

I know I have been making big $$$$ I know Dana has been making big $$$$ too.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
Yeah the fires have been good for me. I have been running trailers for a Fire equipment company. They supply the showers, sinks, and luandry units so the firefighters can take a shower when they get time to shower. Or get there stuff washed. They also provide other misc. things like chairs, tables, AC units, tents ETC.

I have been from placerville to conocti, watsonville to chico, Fort hunter Ligget(big sir) to Ukia, Vacaville to Bonnville, and when I get back in town from Tahoe I have to take a few trailers to the fire in Yuba Gap(Truckee).

thank you for supporting our fire camps.
i estimate in the 14 days i worked i made $6100

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man thats crazy shit. u guys deserve every bit of the $$$ for putting urselves on the line.

so where are the updated pics of that painted fastback? so much progress in a short amount of time...dont hold out on us man..

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
man thats crazy shit. u guys deserve every bit of the $$$ for putting urselves on the line.

so where are the updated pics of that painted fastback? so much progress in a short amount of time...dont hold out on us man..

i haven't worked on it in a while. My dad has been doing a couple of things to the hood, since when i last saw it it still needed a lot of work but once its done i will start sanding the entire car with 600 and then paint it.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I drove up to Reno for the 4th and the hills looked like a warzone. Just toothpicks for trees and ash covering whole hillsides.

The particulates in the air was harsh as well..

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

i was supposed to have the next 4 days off but i am going back to work tomorrow. [Eek!]
No working on the Fastback i guess. Its ok though i got paid for the last 2 days off and then tomorrow and wednesday are overtime days for me [Smile]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Heres some more pictures by the way
Heres me putting water on the fire [Wink]
 -
Fires only burn in the steepest terrain
 -
Some torching
 -
Forest Fire, understory
 -

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]
much props to you and all the men and women who do what you do! i know that i couldnt do it so i thank all of you that do! [patriot]
stay safe bro

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for all your hard work. looks like a tough, but exciting job...The pictures are amazing too... [patriot]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

How'd you get into that gig? do you tow them with your own truck?

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Bizob
¯
Member # 3768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bizob  Ford pictures for Bizob  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Hopefully ill be making the big bucks next season too, there is a lot of money in the contracts. My dad and I are looking into Dozer & Water Tender operation, but more specifically into the dozers. Looking at getting a Cat D6, that way we can trailer it without a pilot car.

[ July 08, 2008, 03:13 AM: Message edited by: Bizob ]

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Strong work, Dana. Keep it up...the scary thing is that this fire season is just gettin' started. Cya on the Big One.

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0_707:
[patriot]
much props to you and all the men and women who do what you do! i know that i couldnt do it so i thank all of you that do! [patriot]
stay safe bro

+1 [worship]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
Strong work, Dana. Keep it up...the scary thing is that this fire season is just gettin' started. Cya on the Big One.

yeah man.
The fires on my district just got made the nations number one priority because they are so remote no one can get to them.
The column was capping today, and yesterday they were getting spotting a mile away from the head of the fire [Eek!]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

http://www.auburnjournal.com/detail/88221.html

Forest fires burning Tuesday on both sides of the North Fork American River canyon in Placer County were ranked No. 1 in the nation.

Incident commander Paul Summerfelt said Tuesday that the ranking by federal and state officials means the current force of 800 based out of Foresthill and Blue Canyon would be immediately bolstered by another 200 firefighters.

Summerfelt said priority status among the nation and state's fires would mean the incident command team, with the U.S. Forest Service, would be getting "all the aircraft and resource needs we ask for."

Speaking before the county Board of Supervisors, Summerfelt said eight helicopters are now based out of the Blue Canyon airstrip and fire-retardant-filled air tankers are flying out of Sacramento.

The addition of 200 firefighters represents 10 new crews to work on the Government Springs fire, on the Interstate 80 side of the canyon, and the Westville fire, which is located on the Foresthill side.

Foresthill Road has now been closed at Sugar Pine Reservoir, east of Foresthill, with bucket-equipped helicopters dipping for water there and boaters not allowed on the water.

The Westville fire became "very active" Monday, while the firefighters are attempting to establish a line along the steep canyon ridge on the Government Springs fire, Summerfelt said.

The Government Fire has burned more than 6,000 acres while the Westville Fire has burned more than 2,000 acres. Both fires are located in the Tahoe National Forest.

The fires started 17 days ago after a lightning storm that touched off hundreds in remote areas around the state. Rui Cunha, the county Office of Emergency Services program manager, said firefighters statewide fought nearly 1,700 separate blazes this fire season, with a count of 335 still burning by late Sunday. Forty-eight of those fires were unstaffed and burning uncontrolled.

A total of 19,000 firefighters are on the fire lines or providing support around the state – giving the Auburn fire about 5 percent of the total. More than 600,000 acres of wildland has burned so far, Cunha said.

Located in relatively inaccessible areas, the Placer County fires are far from being reined in. Summerfelt said it’s a two-hour drive from the Blue Canyon camp to the fire lines on the Government Fire.

"It's going to burn awhile, I've got to be real honest with you, but we're making significant progress," he said.

With winds kicking up Monday, virtually every other fire site in California was experiencing problems, he said.

But for the time being, the Placer County fires were the No. 1 priority for resources in both California and the nation, Summerfelt said.

Supervisor Bruce Kranz, whose district takes in virtually all of the forested eastern end of the county, said that his fear is the area is in just the start of the fire season and things could continue to worsen.

“We’re at tremendous risk in the 5th District,” Kranz said.

The supervisor also noted that work has already taken place on increasing shaded fuel breaks in recognition of the severity of the amount of fuel load in Placer County's mountain country.

The Journal's Gus Thomson can be reached at gust@goldcountrymedia.com.

Keywords

government fire, westville fire, paul summerfelt, smoke, auburn area, foresthill road, closed, sugar pine

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow this is crazy shit. GL DANA on everything out there. thank you and everyone else thats out there [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lookz like some hard work. good shit man!
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I tow there trailers with my truck. Most of there trailers are enclosed bumper pulls or 42 to 48 foot enclosed goose necks. I know the owner of the Fire Equipment company so he just call me when he needs me. I made last week about $3500 in 3 days, but one of those days was 21 hours of driving(SHHHHH don't tell the DOT cops though)

Dana not a problem man, but my mom and the other people that actually work at the fire camps are the ones to thank not me. I just drop the trailers and jet out of there. My Mom is at Yuba Gap right now. So if you go there Dana she is the silver haired lady working the laundry unit.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man, good luck out there, I was at lake wildwood for the weekend, when I woke up saturday morning I couldn't even see 5 houses down.

[ July 09, 2008, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: svfreerider87 ]

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
I tow there trailers with my truck. Most of there trailers are enclosed bumper pulls or 42 to 48 foot enclosed goose necks. I know the owner of the Fire Equipment company so he just call me when he needs me. I made last week about $3500 in 3 days, but one of those days was 21 hours of driving(SHHHHH don't tell the DOT cops though)

Dana not a problem man, but my mom and the other people that actually work at the fire camps are the ones to thank not me. I just drop the trailers and jet out of there. My Mom is at Yuba Gap right now. So if you go there Dana she is the silver haired lady working the laundry unit.

thank your mom for me i won't be going to the yuba gap camp cause i am not assigned to the fires i am an Initial Attack resource for the next 2 weeks.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
quote:

thank your mom for me i won't be going to the yuba gap camp cause i am not assigned to the fires i am an Initial Attack resource for the next 2 weeks.
I just droped this Laundry Unit in Chowchilla this morning. I love how these long enclosed goosenecks tow. Weight is pretty low and even. Really a nice ride.

-

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com