Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » E-Bay Question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: E-Bay Question
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have only done ebay a few times. But i have a question. i bought a part for 5.00 the listed shipping was 15.00. Now AFTER i won the item the seller said his shipping cost went up and now he wants 22.50 to ship. How can he do that.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
try to contact ebay. i dont know whats the right thing to do. i just bought something as well but didnt have a shipping price so i'm waiting to see what i get qouted for. plus if its small enough have him put it in a flat rate box usps.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Too bad, is a contract and is his fault for not calculating correctly, the extra should come out of his pocket. Up to you how bad you want the item. Tell him he or she will get negative feedback or cancel and both will retract any feedback.
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
contact the seller first and tell him that you paid for the shipping as was listed. If he tries to weasel out, then contact e-bay then pay-pal, if you have it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The seller can not raise the price of shipping. He could kindly ask you to pay extra but you are not responsible for paying for it. You can kindly decline. If the seller does not ship the item, you can contact ebay and paypal for a charge back and you can leave him negative feedback. The seller can not give you the buyer negative feedback anymore as of a month ago or so.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had this issue a couple months ago, I didn't read the auction correctly. He listed the shipping cost to the east coast and it would cost more if the item was shipped to the west coast. Reread the auction and make sure he agreed to ship it for that price to this area, if he did and you didn't ask for a different shipping method or insurance he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Just be nice and press the issue, he should give in. I had to do that with a guy that tried to charge me extra for using PayPal.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Even if he doesn't change his shipping price. Don't buy the item. I heard EBAY changed it's feedback procedures and sellers cannot leave feedback on buyers. So if he says some BS about leaving you bad feedback. Oh well, he can't. I haven't verified this, but double check.

I don't condone this on normal basis. But for situations like that, that's B.S. on his part to change his shipping cost at the last second.

[ June 19, 2008, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just got my qoute back an for something i know weighs more than 25lbs an coming from NY he qouted me 15 dollars. shit that check will be out tomorrow.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com