Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » buying my first GUN! HELP! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: buying my first GUN! HELP!
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok guys I'm trying to buy my first hand gun. I'm looking at a Springfield XD 40. What do you think or what other hand gun do you recommand? I'm Also trying to get a big gun, like a sniper rifle or something else, I just want something that turns head at the shooting range, not sure yet what?

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have over 30,000 rounds through my first xd 40 and love it. It is a very reliable, feature packed gun for the price. I also have an xd compact in .40 which makes a great carry gun. I have had my first xd since 2001 and had sprinfield do some custom work to it. It has hard chrome plating on all the metal parts, a trigger job and trijicon sights. It is a dream to shoot. The thing I like about any springfield product is the lifetime warranty. Believe me, they back it up and not too many gun manufacturers have anything similar. IMO you cant go wrong with an XD. Hope this helped.

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a glock or a sig sauer in a same .40 or even a 9mm instead. they're both really good reliable guns and they're durable if you're only going to have one gun.

--------------------
04 Cobra

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
xd's are excellent entry level guns.imo sig's and kimber's are the nicest if you plan on range shooting alot.but the kimbers and sigs are expensive.my first was an xd45 and is still one of my faves.

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gtowned:
xd's are excellent entry level guns.imo sig's and kimber's are the nicest if you plan on range shooting alot.but the kimbers and sigs are expensive.my first was an xd45 and is still one of my faves.

my first was an xd45 and i loved it. Very user friendly and a well rounded fire arm. But like others mentioned SIGs are a great gun that i love more than anything. [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Rinna90
¯
Member # 6850

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rinna90  Ford pictures for Rinna90    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a Kimber Custom and a Knight Hawk custom which blows away any other gun i have shot. Expensive but if you buy one its the kind of gun that you would never have to replace. both are .45's
Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't bitch out. Get this.

-

Posts: 552 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
Rinna90
¯
Member # 6850

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rinna90  Ford pictures for Rinna90    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a Kimber Custom and a Knight Hawk custom which blows away any other gun i have shot. Expensive but if you buy one its the kind of gun that you would never have to replace. both are .45's
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my first hand gun is a colt 1911 mk5 gov model .45
and i love it. acurute(sp) ass hell.
i also just picked up a spikes tatical ar-15 .223 model and love shooting that also. i have shot my buddy's xd40,its a nice piece and compact but like my colt better.

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
nsty_2000
¯
Member # 7921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nsty_2000  Ford pictures for nsty_2000    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
smith and wesson 686 ftw

--------------------
2000 GT- 373s comming soon/shift kit/stall
2000 Accord- L7 15'/Diamond D3 1000.1
caraudio.com "2kaccord"

Posts: 109 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a Sig! [worship] I have a p229. When at the acadamy we use a 226 and a 239. Hands down winner, but can be expensive.
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all semi have the possibillty of a jamb or failure, much less so if you take proper care of your weapon, the best way to chose a weapon is what feels comfortable to you they all have their ups and downs if you chose a sub compact and you have an average size and use a grip extension that attaches to the clip, good luck and be safe
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Navid,

I will take you out shooting when I get back from vacation. I have plenty for you to try before buying. Getting into guns is like getting into cars many different preferences and options.

Get a gun that feels fits your hand and you feel comfortable shooting. My overall recommendation is gonna be a Sig.

Also people at my work are FFL's that will pass my hook up pricing to you.

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Youre better off asking this guy.
 -

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get two of these.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b1RvTJBdRuA&feature=related

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a Beretta 9mm and its a badass gun, i like it.
I was thinking of building a M40A3 Sniper rifle in .308 this summer with a paycheck but i might just save my money, not sure yet.

[ June 16, 2008, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: 532Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

lowriderryda
¯
Member # 7397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lowriderryda  Ford pictures for lowriderryda    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get an springfield 1911 one the best guns out there and if you want a really cool rifle get a AR15 or Ak47 they got california legal ones im bout pic up a ar15 tomorrow
check out this website its a bay area gun forum just like this one they got really good deals
calguns.net

lowriderryda
¯
Member # 7397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lowriderryda  Ford pictures for lowriderryda    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you want something clean get this

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=106317

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im debating a glock G19 or a G23. I might get the 19 first, then the 23 tho.
Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
Navid,

I will take you out shooting when I get back from vacation. I have plenty for you to try before buying. Getting into guns is like getting into cars many different preferences and options.

Get a gun that feels fits your hand and you feel comfortable shooting. My overall recommendation is gonna be a Sig.

hurry up and go to vacation and get back all ready.
navid when he gets back we will all go out i have a couple you can try.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sac 5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
Navid,

hurry up and go to vacation and get back all ready.
navid when he gets back we will all go out i have a couple you can try.

Too bad i work sundays [Frown] I haven't fired any of my guns in a couple months.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

ugotsmoked
¯
Member # 6069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugotsmoked  Ford pictures for ugotsmoked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
XD! Awesome handgun.

--------------------
02 GT - Fully built and blown - RIP
'00 C5 Frc - Cammed and tuned - sold
66 Nova - Restored - 6.0 In the works

Posts: 1585 | From: Rocklin, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:

the glock 22 with the compensator is a nice piece.

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:

hey edwin, get the glock 19 its a really good all around gun. it's small and the 9mm is easier to shoot and packs a lot of ammo. i use to have one gave it to my nephew. back then i had the 15rd magazine plus one in the chamber. nowadays you can only get a 10rd. but it was flawless gun! i'm getting another one of those baby glocks in a 9 again.
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AR10 makes a good sniper rifle, just ordered all my ar15 parts, bad ass guns. I also have an xd40 and love it.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com