Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Fire everyone at Fox News

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fire everyone at Fox News
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First the terrorist fist jab

now this?!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/11/fox-news-calls-michelle-o_n_106655.html

I'd even fire the night custodian.

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why is that offensive? Used on Springer and other trailor trash TV all the time. [Big Grin]

And as far as I am concerned, anyone who wishes to have open dialog with Iran is a Terroist.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused] how is "baby's mama" offensive? I dont get why people get so sensitive about stuff, and blow things out of proportion around election time.

Just vote for who you like, and leave it at that, no reason to sweat the small stuff.

-rob

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well, they might have had a leg to stand on until you read the last line of that article.
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
well, they might have had a leg to stand on until you read the last line of that article.

"To be fair, Michelle Obama referred to Barack as her "baby's daddy" on the night he won his Senate seat in 2004."

good find, I didnt even notice that when i skimmed the article... another reason why it shouldnt be made into a big deal

SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah!!!

damn the first amendment that allows people to say what ever they want even if you do not like what they are saying.

I mean, its like we are in America, people going around with free thoughts in their head.

but hey if Obamas baby momma has her way then we can get rid of that silly thing called the bill of rights.

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fire everyone at Fox News? More like "freak out over nothing" [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bah, I just think for a news source as respected as fox news they would be more careful about their choice of words. I would guess most women would be offended to be referred to as a baby momma if they are married.

I love free speech, but over the past year Fox News has issued so many apologies, its about time they start firing people. That is the basis of my statement. Not so much this incident.

[ June 14, 2008, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
bah, I just think for a news source as respected as fox news they would be more careful about their choice of words. I would guess most women would be offended to be referred to as a baby momma if they are married.

I love free speech, but over the past year Fox News has issued so many apologies, its about time they start firing people. That is the basis of my statement. Not so much this incident.

I think they should be able to say just about what they want, within reason... people nowadays just seem to get all but hurt over little stuff that really doesnt matter at the end of the day. It's like crying over spilled milk to me.. who cares, ya know?

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 347_C.I.D.:
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:

"To be fair, Michelle Obama referred to Barack as her "baby's daddy" on the night he won his Senate seat in 2004."

good find, I didnt even notice that when i skimmed the article... another reason why it shouldnt be made into a big deal

Good eye! of course they put that allllll the way at the bottom where nobody will even notice that line.

I think fox news is one of the better news stations these days [patriot]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

N8
¯
Member # 6048

I like Fox News as well, but they are fast becoming the enquirer of the major news outlets. Mis-quoting, faulty references, distasteful reporting. They seem to always be issuing apologies. At some point you become "sorry" if you keep saying "sorry".

But then again this is Cafords. Anyone can say anything here, until they call a coupe a highway or say Kimbo is the next great thing. I bet if they said Obama had a highway stang but it turned out to be a GT you guys would be all over it like it was the Hindenburg *sp tragedy.

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its not the best choice of words but she had his baby so logicly speaking She is "HIS BABY MAMA"

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
Its not the best choice of words but she had his baby so logicly speaking She is "HIS BABY MAMA"

touche'... thats my point. Just not the best choice of words. Fox has been doing that lot lately.
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
huffington post? come on man you must be a loon to be on that site. just you posting that link loses credibility with me. FIRE EVERYONE? you must have a bias towards fox news.

[ June 14, 2008, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: sic5pointSLOW ]

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you frequent moveon.org too?
Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thas just FOX. They have some of the strangest news shit going on over there. I wouldn't be surprised over ANYTHING said or done @ FOX.
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fox news is a hardcore Republican network with a right wing agenda. They'll attack Obama anyway they can,even if it means casually insulting him and his family. I find BBC news to be the best in true news and not fabricated like fox.
Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who? "senator Obama bin laden"? [Razz]

[ June 17, 2008, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: street_illegal_stang ]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by street_illegal_stang:
Fox news is a hardcore Republican network with a right wing agenda. They'll attack Obama anyway they can,even if it means casually insulting him and his family. I find BBC news to be the best in true news and not fabricated like fox.

All the media outlets are a bit biased. CNN has a known Democratic bias. Fox News does have a bias towards Republicans but the news is not fabricated. [Wink]

[ June 17, 2008, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: SEMPERFI510 ]

Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:

if we're using logic here, she would be his BABY'S mama. if she were his baby mama, she'd be an infant mother

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

quote:
Originally posted by street_illegal_stang:
who? "senator Obama bin laden"? [Razz]

lol, try "Senator Hussein Obama Bin Laden" [Razz]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com