Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ANOTHER Bachelor party advice / Dilema for me

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ANOTHER Bachelor party advice / Dilema for me
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright, so I got this problem that I need some suggestions from people out of the "circle" so to speak. My boy is getting married. Originally he was getting married at home/here LOCALLY. Well him and his fiance got this crazy idea to get married in Hawaii. So they are and we were asked to go if we wanted to. So most of his close guy friends (8 out of us) coughed up our own money for this hawaii trip/wedding. As you know the prices went up to Hawaii because of ATA airlines. So our tickets cost us $800 another $200 for hotel and whatever cost is going to accrue when we are there for food and activities.

My problem is, I asked the 8 of us if we could get some bachelor party going for him, because that's tradtition. But they all said that the Hawaii trip was enough money to be coughed up. I feel really bad, and want to do this. My friend that is getting married is even asking me if we are gonna do one. I feel forced to cover any charges now for this bachelor party if no one can help me out. So basically I would come out even more money on top of this. Basically I know after everything is said and done this trip/bachelor party will run me $2500. Doesn't seem like a lot, but when you have other prioties, car payment, bills, etc.....funds are tight at the moment.

So I ask you guys. What would you do? Is the trip enough? Should I get a bachelor party no matter what?

Thanks for any advice.

[ June 04, 2008, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just hit a club while down there and let the night be as it may. I wouldnt bust for a full fledged party tho. Maybe a night of kicking it, get drunk and act a nut. Hell in the end you may be saving his relationship down the path by doing something conservative yet fun.
Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can get a dancer at the hotel for cheap under $500, buy some beer toss it in an ice chest and have at it. You dont need to spend big money to have fun just make sure he gets tossed.

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
chuck E cheese????
Posts: 552 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can alway's have the party before You go to hawaii & that way the people that can't afford to go to hawaii can join in with the fun and expence of the party.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck that...we didn't even go to our friends wedding because it was in Hawaii. They WERE close friends too, actually the bride was my wifes maid of honor. But I'm not about to pay $100's of dollars for that shit and I don't care who the fuck you are. Granted the time of there wedding we could barley make rent and were just 1 year and a half into our own married life. You want me to go bad enough you pay for my ass. You want a bachalor party on top that shit??! Ahahahahahahahahhaahha here is five bucks, go get a blowjob in the city.
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say for a dude getting wrapped up like that a bachelor party would be a bare minimum.

You can get a stripper to come thru for like $~250. How far you want to go determines the final bill.

Get the dude as shitfaced as possible so even if the stripper sucks because people ain't coughing up bills he won't even remember.

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell even if all of your friends coughed up another $75-100 each. thats what $600-800 for you guys to play with and have a great time, pretty much where ever you are.

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did i miss it or are you the best man. i thought it was the duty of the best man to handle the party. i could be wrong, but i thought that was how it goes.

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
did i miss it or are you the best man. i thought it was the duty of the best man to handle the party. i could be wrong, but i thought that was how it goes.

Yeah, Im the best man. That's why Im here asking because like I mentioned. We all dropped out of our own money $1k for his wedding to get there. Not including the money that we need to spend there. Im all for the bachelor party, but the other 7 that are going are somewhat saying "no more money". So Im trying to get opinions if I should just do it myself with my own money, since no one wants to fork over some to help out.

Im also, somewhat tight with funds at the moment. But have back up, if absolutely necessary. CREDIT CARD, lol.

[ June 04, 2008, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
You can alway's have the party before You go to hawaii & that way the people that can't afford to go to hawaii can join in with the fun and expence of the party.

See that's the other problem too, there are other friends that we have that can't make it to HAWAII because of expenses/time availaible. So I would like to do it here for that reason. I would like to get them to fork over the some money too. We leave 1st week of JULY. So I'm brainstorming on how/what we can do.

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
his old lady just dumped a 1000.00 dollar plus bill on you For a wedding. I say go to the bar.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure where you guys are from, but you can just have a quick weekend thing out in the city. Get yourself a hotel (probably like $250 a night) and go Broadway or something. Get fucked up one day...then go strip club hopping the next. I know its not much, but if you guys all stay at a hotel, it'll feel like you're actually out of town on vacation somewhere....

Most spots on Broadway are free (bars) and the strip clubs have some deal where you pay for one and get access to like 2 or three other ones.

Good luck and have fun [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take him to a couple of bars and to O'Farrel. Buy him a lap dance [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com