Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |

This topic has been moved to Tech Talk.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Hard to push Gas Pedal

Author Topic: Hard to push Gas Pedal
1sic50
¯
Member # 6684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sic50  Ford pictures for 1sic50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well here go fella's;
i have a 90 gt with a five speed i have this problem... it seem's that when i try to accelerate the gas pedal it's hard to push down sometimes it feel's like someone is holding it from going down i know this sound funny but it's true i checked the throttle cable in the engine bay to see if it was crimp or routed bad that's not the case. can it be a throttle sensor or something telling it not to respond for it not to accelerate i don't know what too do i hate to keep revving the engine to make it go espacially with a off-road h-pipe cop's love to hear that right fella's lol... any help would be appreciated thank's [Confused]

--------------------
90 gt W/Vortech S-Trim power adder
99 Explorer W/5.0
87 crx honda WNP!!!!

Ford 4 Life Enough Said Don't Hate

Posts: 534 | From: GOTHAM CITY | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if it doesn't stick with the engine off and you have an aftermarket throttle body, you probably just need to drill a tiny hole in the throttle body blade.

my 65mm edelbrock t/b did that when I put it on, it stuck at idle, it was basically a vacuum seal, drilling a tiny hole in the blade face broke that seal and it feels like the stock t/b did.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sometimes the cable is stretched and there is too much slack in the cable. this was the case on my 94. i ended up putting spacers on the cable end that connects to the gas pedal.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the same problem in my 96 Explorer. The gas pedal just doesn't seem like it wants to move, i have to really push hard to get it to go. I think it could be the gas pedal/throttle cable itself and the fact i have big feet.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com