Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » help me take my springs off???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: help me take my springs off???
Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i need to go somewhere cheap but good service to take my springs off and put the stocks back on? or if anyone on here can do it for me sometime this week? let me know please thanks. the best quote i got was $135, but wont be able to do it until next week. [worship]

--------------------
97 Cobra Convertible

Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you got a quote to do all 4 for $135 you should take it to that shop and say THANK YOU!

I'll help you do the rears free, but fronts alone need to have the struts removed/replaced.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
If you got a quote to do all 4 for $135 you should take it to that shop and say THANK YOU!

I'll help you do the rears free, but fronts alone need to have the struts removed/replaced.

damn I didn't even offer doing the rears.what a cool guy.thanks don,just been so busy.

hey bro,try calling cypress auto see if you can buy the stock front struts w/springs.that way we can just slap those on.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazlx  Ford pictures for badazlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you were in sac i would have you bring the struts in to me and i would do it for free

--------------------
03 mach bolt ons/125 shot

nsty_2000
¯
Member # 7921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nsty_2000  Ford pictures for nsty_2000    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go to work monte get of this damned site haha

--------------------
2000 GT- 373s comming soon/shift kit/stall
2000 Accord- L7 15'/Diamond D3 1000.1
caraudio.com "2kaccord"

Posts: 109 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Wow thanks Don I highly appreciate that. What's the address so I can come through? Let me know when's the best time to come. Thanks again!

--------------------
97 Cobra Convertible

Monte
¯
Member # 7536

quote:

Wow thanks Don I highly appreciate that. What's the address so I can come through? Let me know when's the best time to come. Thanks again!

--------------------
97 Cobra Convertible

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the rear is very easy, basically unbolt the shocks and the springs come out.

the front you need something like this -
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=43753

a shop should have something like this to use -
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=45860

as you need to compress the springs to get them off the struts, once you've removed them from the car...

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
the rear is very easy, basically unbolt the shocks and the springs come out.

Not that easy to re-install the stock springs. I re-installed my stock rear springs Sunday to toss on my slicks and hit the track Wednesday. You have to drop the sway bar bolts as well. When I removed them I unbolted the shocks and was able to push hard enough and slide them off, to get them back in is another story but only and hour or so of time.

Let me know this weekend when works for you. Meet me off 101 at the shop in Rohnert Park and I'll do the rear with ya. Fronts I can't do.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com