Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » anyone have aftermarket seats?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone have aftermarket seats?
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm considering getting some aftermarket race seats for the Saleen since I cant find ny OE replacement leather seats [Frown]

Does anyone have some installed and how did you mount them? Do the brackets mount directly onto you car?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CR1 corbeaus are nice seats I got two new ones with harness that will be for sale when I get home from vacation. Seats have been mounted in the 93 gt I bought but the car never ran and the harness are still in the package
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got hunsaker seats in my 89, they came with my 97 when I bought it.

-
 -
 -

I've got it mounted on the drivers side with a 95gt power seat track, I originally used the stock manual foxbody slider from my car, but the seat sat up higher and wouldn't go back as far.

I've got the seat to go really far back now, but I would like it to sit lower, so I'll probably make my own brackets one day.

a 16 gauge 90* angle L bracket across the front and the back would be ideal for me, as it would mount a lot lower.

it just wouldn't be adjustable, but I'm the only one that drives my car [Smile]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Blind...so did the seats mount directly onto your 95 GT power seat tracks or did you have to modify anything?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix:
Blind...so did the seats mount directly onto your 95 GT power seat tracks or did you have to modify anything?

I had to drill new holes in one end of the seat tracks as they didn't line up perfectly with the mounting holes on the bottom of the seat

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com