Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » WARNING: Do NOT put sand in your engine

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WARNING: Do NOT put sand in your engine
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.audiforums.com/m_693578/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#693578

This is pretty freaking hilarious! Don't try this at home though.

(From the Audi forums)
Hey guys, I've got a 98 1.8T. I've had a k04 and chip for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.

I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't make boost and it get sucked in the turbo. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.

Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Hondas so he doesn't know much about Audis.

[ May 29, 2008, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: BCINGUU ]

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Sk8OnGlass
¯
Member # 6370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sk8OnGlass  Ford pictures for Sk8OnGlass    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol,lol,lol,lol, what a dumb ass , lol, lol, [Eek!] [Eek!] [burnout] . . . thats the joke of the day for me . lol

--------------------
First On Race Day
FORD
yup that's my stang in da pic

Posts: 533 | From: san Jose, CA. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That dude is a RETARD lmao

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some people just do not have the ability to think logically i guess [Razz]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First thing...His "buddy" I think isn't really his Buddy. There is no way there are TWO people on the planet that dumb that actually know each other.

Second thing,...Maybe if he drives it in reverse really fast the sand will just come back out.

ModularMotorz
¯
Member # 5954

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ModularMotorz  Ford pictures for ModularMotorz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahahaha what an idiot

--------------------
1996 MUSTANG GT
2003 MUSTANG COBRA
2001 CROWN VICTORIA P71

Posts: 1014 | From: Daly City | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember reading this one a while back, last year or something. The Audi one is fake, it's supposed to be copying a similar event from a different vehicle forum. Still funny as hell though.

The one that was real and funny was the kid in the SRT4 who couldn't get the oil plug off his car so he took the oil filter out and let the car run to get the oil out.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Speechless.....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
The one that was real and funny was the kid in the SRT4 who couldn't get the oil plug off his car so he took the oil filter out and let the car run to get the oil out.

Yeah I read that thread and still laugh to this day when I change my oil.

[dance] Stupid people

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what forum is that,lol. wow
ugotsmoked
¯
Member # 6069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugotsmoked  Ford pictures for ugotsmoked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
has to be fake....

--------------------
02 GT - Fully built and blown - RIP
'00 C5 Frc - Cammed and tuned - sold
66 Nova - Restored - 6.0 In the works

Posts: 1585 | From: Rocklin, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
come on guys, lol, this is COMPLETE BS

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
come on guys, lol, this is COMPLETE BS

[patriot]
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Big Grin]

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wasnt there a story similar to this, like a BMW owner who got a rag stuck in his valvetrain or something?

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys have to read some of the posts.
onepoint8tee

The problem is, you did it wrong. You gotta do the fuel system sand blasting treatment first. 25lbs in the gas tank, and THEN 25 lbs through the intake.......... DUH.
onepoint8tee

Yup, just add water until it starts overflowing out of the oil cap /fill hole, and then youll be good. Just make sure to do a seafoam application when you get a chance. Thatll get any of the leftover sand out.
lmao

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Bronco Man
¯
Member # 8401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronco Man  Ford pictures for Bronco Man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man why do you think they make AIR CLEANERS? that engine is history.

--------------------
Hillars4xLube.com
Contact me anytime for questions... 510-857-7282

Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn i'm semi new to the car game and even i know don't put sand in. dudes an idiot man! [Confused] [Big Grin]

--------------------
97 Cobra Convertible

Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
chevyeatr
¯
Member # 7603

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chevyeatr  Ford pictures for chevyeatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if they ever make another dumb and dumber movie these two guys would get the starting rolls.

--------------------
iLliCiT FoRdS

Posts: 936 | From: caliFORDnia | Registered: Apr 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com