Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sucks I can't drive my truck.....$5.25 a gallon!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sucks I can't drive my truck.....$5.25 a gallon!
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

damn, just recorded 19 mpgs on a recent trip to Pipi valley with a trailer full of dirt bikes.

still though, $5.25 a gallon for diesel makes me cringe!

I feel good driving my stock GT that gets 22mpg and fills up on $4 87 octane!

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya my friend has his 4 door dually 4x4 powerstroke getting 22 mpg. pretty crazy.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need to ride my dirt bike to work [Razz]

--------------------

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice truck.. run bio-diesel in it [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
ModularMotorz
¯
Member # 5954

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ModularMotorz  Ford pictures for ModularMotorz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It sucks being a salesman on the road constantly..... damn I thought I went thru a lot of gas before this job. Boy was I wrong..... [Eek!] now I'm stuck borrowing the girlfriend's Honda. [Razz]

--------------------
1996 MUSTANG GT
2003 MUSTANG COBRA
2001 CROWN VICTORIA P71

Posts: 1014 | From: Daly City | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are the PiPi/Sopiago trails still open after the Forest Service closures or have they even started to shut the trails down yet? Trail 33 and all the spurs that branch off of it are my favorite place to ride.
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

quote:
Originally posted by BlueOvalRacing:
Are the PiPi/Sopiago trails still open after the Forest Service closures or have they even started to shut the trails down yet? Trail 33 and all the spurs that branch off of it are my favorite place to ride.

you know, we couldn't find trail 33. apparently that is a favorite of a bunch of riders.

no closure yet, they are focused on Clear Creek(bastards!).

I rode 25 and 26. 17 and 23 mile loops all single track black diamonds!

For a guy like me it was crazy but the most fun I have had yet.

I only have 27 hours experience riding and all on my Honda!

You ride a lot locally or just on trips?

I would love to go to Stoney Ford or Upper Lakes.

--------------------

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea this is just getting ridiculous. The gap between diesel and gasoline seems to be increasing as well (which to me doesn't make much sense) I'm getting ready to buy a motorcycle to save some money on fuel. My truck is just too expensive to drive now [Frown]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Bronco Man
¯
Member # 8401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronco Man  Ford pictures for Bronco Man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WANT TO SAVE SOME $$$$ SWITCH TO AMSOIL. YOU'LL GET BETTER MILEAGE AND YOU ONLY CHANGE IT ONCE A YEAR. YOU CAN ALSO RUN A DUAL REMOTE BYPASS AND OIL WILL RUN INDEFINATELY. YOU USE OIL ANALYSIS LIKE LARGE TRUCKING COMPANIES AND SAVE EVEN MORE. WE HAVE IT FOR TRUCKS, CARS, AND MOTORCYCLES AND EVERYTHING ELSE. YOU MAY BE SCEPTICAL BUT IT'S PROVEN, AND I HAVE GONE THREE YEARS WITHOUT AN OIL CHANGE.

--------------------
Hillars4xLube.com
Contact me anytime for questions... 510-857-7282

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hear the cooking grease conversion could be a lot cheaper. But unless you in construction or towing a boat, id get rid of that thing or buy a streetbike to commute.
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by vpr_klr:
quote:
Originally posted by BlueOvalRacing:

you know, we couldn't find trail 33. apparently that is a favorite of a bunch of riders.

no closure yet, they are focused on Clear Creek(bastards!).

I rode 25 and 26. 17 and 23 mile loops all single track black diamonds!

For a guy like me it was crazy but the most fun I have had yet.

I only have 27 hours experience riding and all on my Honda!

You ride a lot locally or just on trips?

I would love to go to Stoney Ford or Upper Lakes.

I used to ride ATC's a lot at PiPi (I lived in Pioneer for 20+ years), and have an old XR500 that I don't feel like kicking over every time I crash, but lately I have spent more time on my Harley cruising the back roads.

Trail 33 is pretty fun, some technical stuff, some fire roads, a good mix. The spur trails that tie into 33 are where it gets fun. 36 & 40 are fun. 40 has a knarly section of uphill on rocks about the size of your head, with manzanita on the sides to rip you apart if you get pitched off the trail. 36 is single track, with a steep edge on one side and dirt bank on the other in some spots, kinda hairy for a 2 wheel novice (like me), but I only went on the downhill direction which is in my comfort level. The uphill took 2 pretty experienced guys over 45 minutes to do when it was muddy. It drops out right near the PiPi bridge, so I rode back on the N-S road [Big Grin] .

To ride on 33, find 5 corners on North-South road (new parking area on the right if you are heading to the PiPi campground with large rocks surrounding it, and a sign showing the trail system), or go to the Sopiago area which is back toward Placerville on Omo Ranch Road about 4-5 miles from the North-South road Y.

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gas prices weren't really bothering me until this morning. Cost $16.27 to fill my bike this morning!!!!!! $4.55 for 91. I remember I used to be able to fill my car for $16 back when I first got my license hahahahah Now I feel old.
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

quote:
Originally posted by Bronco Man:
WANT TO SAVE SOME $$$$ SWITCH TO AMSOIL. YOU'LL GET BETTER MILEAGE AND YOU ONLY CHANGE IT ONCE A YEAR. YOU CAN ALSO RUN A DUAL REMOTE BYPASS AND OIL WILL RUN INDEFINATELY. YOU USE OIL ANALYSIS LIKE LARGE TRUCKING COMPANIES AND SAVE EVEN MORE. WE HAVE IT FOR TRUCKS, CARS, AND MOTORCYCLES AND EVERYTHING ELSE. YOU MAY BE SCEPTICAL BUT IT'S PROVEN, AND I HAVE GONE THREE YEARS WITHOUT AN OIL CHANGE.

I've been running Amsoil since day one! have done it in all my power strokes. can easily go 10k miles on an oil change!

--------------------

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All mine does is sit now.. had to pull it up and wash it today because you couldnt tell it was white.. lol
 -

Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
amen to that i have a $40,000 curb ornimate that i can't afford to drive wtf!!!!
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03White_Venom:
All mine does is sit now.. had to pull it up and wash it today because you couldnt tell it was white.. lol
 -

I thought you sold that Craig? Wow I would park it too.

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TR1:
quote:
Originally posted by 03White_Venom:

I thought you sold that Craig? Wow I would park it too.
No not yet.. Just lowered it to 15k

[ June 03, 2008, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: 03White_Venom ]

Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

quote:
Originally posted by 707vibrantcobra93:
amen to that i have a $40,000 curb ornimate that i can't afford to drive wtf!!!!

Yeah, at least it looks good in front of my house

--------------------

vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
I hear the cooking grease conversion could be a lot cheaper. But unless you in construction or towing a boat, id get rid of that thing or buy a streetbike to commute.

yeah, I only use for my boat and to go camping and take my dirt bikes out.

I commute in my stock 93 GT that surprisingly gets 22mpg's on 87 octane!

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com