Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Ticket: No Front Plate... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ticket: No Front Plate...
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got pulled over by a CHP out on Walnut Creek regular streets last night. No front plate ticket was given to me. How many of you actually get these too? I think it is a ridiculous ticket on a sports car. I wonder if they pull over vettes and ferrari's for this same $hit.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I rarely ever see vettes with the front plate on the car...I never run front plates either & I think giving tickets for no front plate is BS...Is your bumper already drilled for a front plate?? If it isnt, try to find a way to get the plate on there without drilling holes & then take the plate back off after you get it signed off....

[ May 24, 2008, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha i got one of these yesterday..he pulled me over and said im writing you a 10$ fix it ticket for not having a front liscense plate...lol...i didnt have a hood on my car and he dint say shit bout it...and it was in san francisco
Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
haha i got one of these yesterday..he pulled me over and said im writing you a 10$ fix it ticket for not having a front liscense plate...lol...i didnt have a hood on my car and he dint say shit bout it...and it was in san francisco

there is no laws about having hood on your car

[ May 24, 2008, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: fasthatch ]

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, that is a BS ticket. Anyone ever get tickets for having the front plate on the dash/windshield? Front plates are senseless [BS flag]

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe the cop was bored? And he just wanted to check out your car?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
Damn, that is a BS ticket. Anyone ever get tickets for having the front plate on the dash/windshield? Front plates are senseless [BS flag]

Yup, I got pulled for displaying my front plate in the windshield.

I am willing to bet that he would not have even noticed my lack of plate if the plate was not in the windshield.

By putting it in the windshield, it just catches their eye and reminds them to pull you...

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got one in my (old) 2001 GT. Cops seem to look for excuases to pull over Mustangs.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:
I got pulled over by a CHP out on Walnut Creek regular streets last night. No front plate ticket was given to me. How many of you actually get these too? I think it is a ridiculous ticket on a sports car. I wonder if they pull over vettes and ferrari's for this same $hit.

a mustang isn't a sports car.

badum TSH!

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

CobraTerritory
¯
Member # 6476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraTerritory  Ford pictures for CobraTerritory  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats BS andy. sorry bro. im sure you have someone who can sign it off for you [Wink]

--------------------
Advanced Auto Built
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords October 2013 Cover Car
1 Of 0 Bright Atlantic Blue Terminator

Posts: 1546 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:

Yup, I got pulled for displaying my front plate in the windshield.

I am willing to bet that he would not have even noticed my lack of plate if the plate was not in the windshield.

By putting it in the windshield, it just catches their eye and reminds them to pull you...

I guess it's better to take the chance without it at all then [Razz]

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got this ticket. I double taped the plate to my car bumper. Went to the station and the guy signed the ticket and sent a lady out to check my car and see if the plate was on. He didnt even check!

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fabbing up a bracket to avoid bumper drilling is basic stuff, there really is no reason to give the cops an excuse to pull you over...especially if you have questionable parts under the hood. Or, do you think you're not going to get laid because chicks think front plates are dorky? [Big Grin]
Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They do it for the red light cameras.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
ModularMotorz
¯
Member # 5954

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ModularMotorz  Ford pictures for ModularMotorz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have got them several times a few years back with the 96.... just got one on my 03 when it was parked outside my house a couple months ago. [BS flag]

--------------------
1996 MUSTANG GT
2003 MUSTANG COBRA
2001 CROWN VICTORIA P71

Posts: 1014 | From: Daly City | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
They do it for the red light cameras.

X2 and for the toll booths [patriot]

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
Fabbing up a bracket to avoid bumper drilling is basic stuff, there really is no reason to give the cops an excuse to pull you over...especially if you have questionable parts under the hood. Or, do you think you're not going to get laid because chicks think front plates are dorky? [Big Grin]

Yeah My car is non emission legal now so I just bought a new front bumper with the licence plate holder still on it, it won't look "cool" but hey I am not giving them a "free" pull Me over card with the shit that has been going down lately with the highway patrol pullin You over and going through Your car with a fine tooth comb [BS flag] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just get a front license plate bracket that doesn't require drilling your front bumper. Not having your plate will just give you grief in the long run.
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i counted once on the drive home and i found that 6 out of 10 vehicles do not have a front license plate.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u said CHP??? last i recalled chp wasnt walnut creek pd [Confused]
Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:

CHP can pull you over on any California street

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:

He said He was pulled over by the CHP on city street's [Wink] . CHP have been pulling pulling alot of car's over and popping hood's and writing smog ticket's latley, a board member was pulled over last week and written a smog ref ticket also [Eek!] .

[ May 26, 2008, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: SmokinLX ]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by solbrothers:
quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:

a mustang isn't a sports car.

badum TSH!

AND YOUR HONDA FIT IS [Confused] [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He was cruising downtown walnut creek. My little brother was driving the car, but it is the owner's responsibility (says that on the ticket). My windows were all the way down, but they wanted to see if I had side tints too (luckily I don't anymore). I think it is a crap ticket to give out, but I just stayed polite and cooperated with them. I for sure didn't want them looking under the car.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad i don't live in the Bay Area anymore. The country police are a little easier going. Although the CHP closer to Sac will give me a ticket for no front plate i've found out.

[ May 27, 2008, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: 532Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com