Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Powerdyne superchargers??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Powerdyne superchargers??
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone have any experience with Powerdyne superchargers? I am thinking about picking one up for the Saleen and would like to know how good/bad they are.

Please let me know what you think about them [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
powerdynes are ehhhh. Go with Novi or Vortech FTW [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why just ehhh? Whats wrong with them do they have known issues?

--------------------

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its hit or miss with powerdynes. I've heard they have fitment, reliability, and customer service issues. I knew a few buddies that made the mistake of going with powerdyne and then ended up switching to novi or vortech.

My opinion is if you have to second guess the company's quality and or reliability to just stay away.

Good luck with your choice. I'm sure others will chime in. [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ou talkin about the xb 11a?

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1012795 I hav'nt had any experience with them but from what I have read they usually hold up for a while if You don't pulley them up but they don't produce alot of boost in stock trim. Most people that are content with the stock boost level say they are a decent blower for a street car but other's who race,drive hard, or pulley them up say they wish they would have gone with something else in the 1st place before they rebuld them a couple times and ended up spending close to what they could have got a used vortech for.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man, you own a Saleen now... don't 1/2 ass it! Get a nice vortech kit and be done with it! [Smile] [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
Man, you own a Saleen now... don't 1/2 ass it! Get a nice vortech kit and be done with it! [Smile] [patriot]

Yeah I know....but I found a good deal on a full kit and wanted to see how well it would turn out [Big Grin]

--------------------

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix:
quote:

Yeah I know....but I found a good deal on a full kit and wanted to see how well it would turn out [Big Grin]
like 94gt said, u have a saleen......be a boss and go top notch with a procharger [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
why just ehhh? Whats wrong with them do they have known issues?

From what I have heard they are not reliable when spun to hight (internal belt breaks). Also, I have known people with them and they don't make good boost numbers.

+1 on getting a Novi or an S-trim [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
quote:
quote:

like 94gt said, u have a saleen......be a boss and go top notch with a procharger [Big Grin]
I had a really good buddy tell me that when I was modding my mach1... awesome advice... and it's payed off in spades.

Look for a vortech man... it's a damned nice sn95 saleen and it would be a shame to put a poopydyne on it. [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should do a pi swap before you do a blower. Even blown, a non pi car will barely put out 300rwhp...

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
You should do a pi swap before you do a blower. Even blown, a non pi car will barely put out 300rwhp...

I've heard you really don't want to super charge a 96-98 with PI heads because of the increase in compression after the swap [Confused]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
quote:
quote:

I had a really good buddy tell me that when I was modding my mach1... awesome advice... and it's payed off in spades.

Look for a vortech man... it's a damned nice sn95 saleen and it would be a shame to put a poopydyne on it. [patriot]

2nd that. Its a Saleen for crying out loud. Go with the best [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT

DRIVINFST
¯
Member # 2430

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRIVINFST  Ford pictures for DRIVINFST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Powerdynes are junk. I had a xb 11a that I traded a set of heads for and it had to go back to Powerdyne 3 times. The fit was crap too, the inlet pipe contacted the valve cover, ect. You get what you pay for.
Posts: 555 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com