Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Im so pissed!!! I just need to vent... sorry.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Im so pissed!!! I just need to vent... sorry.
SIKLEEN/GT
¯
Member # 2695

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for SIKLEEN/GT  Ford pictures for SIKLEEN/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im so fucking pissed at the management at my apartment complex. It all started a March 28th when I went to the front office to ask them if someone can check out my stove because three of the burners would only stay lit when on the "light" position and would turn off as soon as you tried to adjust the flame, one burner worked fine. While I went to the store the maintanence worker checked my stove and left a note on my table stating "Checked the stove, found nothing wrong. This is how this model is designed". I then called GE Technical support and told them about my problem and they said this is not at all the way the stove is supposed to perform. I went back to the office to let them know nothing was fixed and that this was not normal. They then sent back the maintanence guy and he appologised and said he does not know much about gas stoves and that he thought it was normal. The assistant manager at the complex then told me that the maintanance supervisor would call me the next day to figure out what they could do. On April 17th I went back to the office and asked why no one had contacted me about my stove and they acted surprised that the supervisor did not call me and assured me he would call me that day. He ended up calling me 15min later and said flat out "My guys checked your stove and there is nothing wrong with it, and you have to realize that you live on the third floor and unless your stove isnt turning on we're not going to go up and replace it". At this point I was HEATED! I asked the mother fucker if he has even taken a look at my stove and he said he did not have to because his guys had already taken a look at it and it was a waste of his time. I was so pissed I hung up and raised all hell at the office and got him to actually take a look at my stove. After arguing with him and shouting back and fourth that fucker tells me "fine you want a new stove, fine" and walks away as if to say, if it will stop me from bitching, he will replace it. He came up wth a new stove and replaced it and what do you know.... It works perfectly. I was so pissed at what I had gone through, that I went to the office to talk to the property manager but was told that she was on vacation for 2 weeks but the assistant would call me the next day. I wrote a big letter, with my name, number and all my info... and guess what?! Not a fucking word from them! Its exactly one fucking month and I went to the office because my A/C is not working at all and it was 90 degrees in my apartment and my 10month old daughter looked like she was about to pass out. I spoke to the manager who had been back from vacation for a while but never bothered to give me a call and she said she was personaly going to come to my apartment to take a look at my a/c right now and even asked if I was going to be home and I said yes. I stayed there waiting for the bitch in this fucking oven and she never came. I went to the office and it was fucking closed! The bitch just uped and closed up shop and left!

I understand that A/C is a luxury and all that shit, but I am paying for it! I chose this apartment because of these fetures and and i cant even get them to chamge a fucking light bulb outside my front door that I reported a month ago as well.

Sorry for the long ass post. Just needed to vent. Oh and please dont bash me for my gramer.... Im to pissed to use spell check right now [Razz]

Posts: 299 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats sucks. my apartment manager does the same thing, acts like her fixing shit for me is a LUXURY!

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HOLY WALL OF TEXT BATMAN!

cliffs plz

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah man i would be pissed too. from what i understand, one of the perks of living in an apartment or a rental is that the property manager/owner is responsible for fixing shit that breaks outside of misuse. i would definitely try contacting consumer affairs or whatever agency issues licenses or checks codes for those complex's

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by solbrothers:

cliffs plz

You must be a slow reader [Razz] J/K dude.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I haven't read anything yet, but check this out:

http://realestate.findlaw.com/tenant/tenant-repairs/

--------------------

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

cliffs plz

you went to school for it, so stfu and read it

on topic, sucks that you have to go through all that bullshit. I'd be super pissed myself if I had to do the same. when I lived in some shit apts down here by the school, it took them a week to fix our AC and it was during the hottest goddamned week of the summer. I couldn't sleep at all because it was so hot. I'm so glad I moved out of there, I'm in a house now and the landlord comes on his days off to clean out all the weeds n shit in the backyard, fixes things we tell him about etc

[ May 18, 2008, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: z pyro ]

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

quote:
Renters' Rights to Privacy and Repairs FAQ
If a landlord doesn't make required repairs, what are the consequences?
If a tenant requests repairs and the landlord or property manager doesn't meet the habitability requirements, a tenant usually has several options, depending on the state. These options include:

making the necessary repairs and deducting the costs from the next month's rent
withholding the entire rent until the problem is fixed
paying less rent while the rental remains substandard
calling the local building inspector, who can usually order the landlord to make repairs, or
moving out without responsibility for future rent, even in the middle of a lease.
A tenant can also sue the landlord for a partial refund of past rent, and in some circumstances can sue for the discomfort, annoyance, and emotional distress caused by the substandard conditions.

Your best bet is to handle repairs as soon as possible (or delegate the repairs to the tenant in exchange for decreased rent). Take care of major problems, such as a plumbing or heating problem, within 24 hours. For minor problems, respond in 48 hours. Always keep tenants informed as to when and how the repairs will be made, and the reasons for any delays.

If shit starts getting out hand. Start to document things. Time you called the office, who you spoke to, repsonse, etc etc..... Send certified letters of your request/complaint so that it's time and stamped and received by the office. Make a copy of everything. Start gathering your evidence and get your rent lowered, sue, or get out of your lease.

[ May 18, 2008, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
quote:
Renters' Rights to Privacy and Repairs FAQ
If a landlord doesn't make required repairs, what are the consequences?
If a tenant requests repairs and the landlord or property manager doesn't meet the habitability requirements, a tenant usually has several options, depending on the state. These options include:

making the necessary repairs and deducting the costs from the next month's rent
withholding the entire rent until the problem is fixed
paying less rent while the rental remains substandard
calling the local building inspector, who can usually order the landlord to make repairs, or
moving out without responsibility for future rent, even in the middle of a lease.
A tenant can also sue the landlord for a partial refund of past rent, and in some circumstances can sue for the discomfort, annoyance, and emotional distress caused by the substandard conditions.

Your best bet is to handle repairs as soon as possible (or delegate the repairs to the tenant in exchange for decreased rent). Take care of major problems, such as a plumbing or heating problem, within 24 hours. For minor problems, respond in 48 hours. Always keep tenants informed as to when and how the repairs will be made, and the reasons for any delays.

lol, I can just imagine the shit he would get for withholding rent til his shit is fixed. judging by his previous experiences he'd probably get one of those "pay or quit" notices before anything. illegal for sure, but they might try to scare him into folding (and hope he doesn't have the patience to go through the correct procedures)

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks man.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just be glad you don't live in the Northeast where you pretty much have to bribe the maintenance workers to get your repairs done quickly.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
SIKLEEN/GT
¯
Member # 2695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIKLEEN/GT  Ford pictures for SIKLEEN/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
Just be glad you don't live in the Northeast where you pretty much have to bribe the maintenance workers to get your repairs done quickly.

Ha, but at least they are getting their repairs done.

I quess Im over the fact that they dont care about the tenants here but what really boils me over is how the property manager, knowing there was issue did not even bother to call me, and to make matters worst when I complained about my A/C I could have cone grocery shopping or some shit and taken my daughter to cool off in a store or even my parents house, but I was told she would be gomming to check the a/c and asked if I was going to be home. So my ass waited and waited in my stuffy ass apartment.

Posts: 299 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

cliffs plz

will you stop with that shit please. This is not a spelling forum just fucking deal with it. I have seen you do it before. We get it you are a perfect speller and english major OK.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
quote:

cliffs plz

will you stop with that shit please. This is not a spelling forum just fucking deal with it. I have seen you do it before. We get it you are a perfect speller and english major OK.
it's not that, he's just too lazy to actually read it all

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's a sign man, one word "MOVE"......

I had similar problems with an apartment manager over a parking spot for my Mustang...Needless to say, I moved!....

Good luck!

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIKLEEN/GT:
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:

Ha, but at least they are getting their repairs done.

I quess Im over the fact that they dont care about the tenants here but what really boils me over is how the property manager, knowing there was issue did not even bother to call me, and to make matters worst when I complained about my A/C I could have cone grocery shopping or some shit and taken my daughter to cool off in a store or even my parents house, but I was told she would be gomming to check the a/c and asked if I was going to be home. So my ass waited and waited in my stuffy ass apartment.

If you have any questions about how to deal with office staff or anything else that has to do with rental properties, feel free to contact me.... I was in the business for 5 years and know a thing or 2 about the business. [Wink]

Chris.

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com