Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » got another ticket (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: got another ticket
408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408LIGHTNING  Ford pictures for 408LIGHTNING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got a ticke for my musuc being to load. o think thats b.s cuz i only got a pair of 5x7's in the back of my hatch and there conected to my deck. i dont even have any subs. is there anything i can do. its 27007 cvc. how much are these tickets usually. any help will be apprectiated.

[ May 17, 2008, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: foxstang ]

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holy spellcheck batman!!! [Eek!]

27007. No driver of a vehicle shall operate, or permit the operation of, any sound amplification system which can be heard outside the vehicle from 50 or more feet when the vehicle is being operated upon a highway, unless that system is being operated to request assistance or warn of a hazardous situation. This section shall not apply to authorized emergency vehicles or vehicles operated by gas, electric, communications, or water utilities. This section does not apply to the sound systems of vehicles used for advertising, or in parades, political or other special events, except that use of sound systems on those vehicles may be prohibited by a local authority by ordinance or resolution.

You don't need subs or huge speakers to get ticketed. You, apparently, have to be deaf enough to listen to music that can be heard from 50' away. Your only chance would be to somehow prove that you can't hear it from 50' away, dunno if that's a real possibility though. Bottom line, turn down your stereo, especially when cops are around

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this cost me 2 tickets within 3 weeks. $159 bucks each ticket. not your average 6x9's LOL  -

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408LIGHTNING  Ford pictures for 408LIGHTNING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that the thing, i dont think i had it that loud cuz i saw him. if i thought it was load i woulda lowered it.oh well so $160ish? AND THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS.so this is my first time going to traffic court for something like this. wat will happen?

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

quote:
AND THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS.so this is my first time going to traffic court for something like this. wat will happen? [/QB]
first time in court for anything [Confused]

[ May 17, 2008, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: foxstang ]

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would just go in there and explain that your guilty. judges hate a kid lier. but ask him if he can lower the fine because your having money problems. usually he'll cut it in half. good luck

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 408LIGHTNING  Ford pictures for 408LIGHTNING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger50:
i would just go in there and explain that your guilty. judges hate a kid lier. but ask him if he can lower the fine because your having money problems. usually he'll cut it in half. good luck

thanks man. would u ask him when he tells u how much the fine is or would u just let him know your broke(really am)before he tells u

[ May 17, 2008, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: foxstang ]

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It would be interesting to see what TICKET ASSASSIN would write up. I would contest this ticket. Try TicketAssassin.com and it's only $25 bucks donation. Try it out. Let us know what happens.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you're going to go the route of guilty, you might also try guilty with explanation (I think you can). It depends on who the judge is and how they're feeling at that particular point in time. If they're feeling generous they may let you off, but that's probably unlikely. I'd say, if you're going to say guilty with an explanation, try to show that you're honestly sorry for having broken that law, take responsibility for it, but also ask for leniency because you haven't had to go to court for anything before and the fact that you're broke. If the judge is cool they might dismiss it or reduce the fine. Otherwise, he'll say "you're guilty, step over here to pay the fine, NEXT!"

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 408LIGHTNING  Ford pictures for 408LIGHTNING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
will try....and again thanks.

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

OK SO I GOT TO GO TO COURT ON THUR. AT LEAST THATS WAT I THOUGHT CUZ I JUST LOOKED AT MY TICKET AND IT SAYS THURS 6/17/08. I AM CONFUSED CUZ I DONT KNOW IF A HAVE TO GO TOMMAROW OR IF THE 17 IS ACTUALLY A 19 OR IF THE COP DID A MISTAKE. THAT ISNT THE ONLY MISTAKE THE COP ALSO MARKED MY DAD AS THE REGISTERED OWNER WHEN HEW ISNT. WAT SHOULD I DO?

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CALL the courthouse tomorrow morning, first thing, for clarification of your appointment date.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have had way too many tickets over the years. Every court operates a little differently. First off don't miss any court dates. If you do miss it you will receive a failure to appear. FTA means more fines and may suspend your license until you appear.

Call the court and find out your actual court date. The back of the ticket is not always correct. You are supposed to receive a courtsey notice but it is not mandatory. With budget cuts the courts are getting backed up. Some courts will allow you a thirty day extension over the phone.

Ticket Assassin basically recommends you plead not guilty and ask for a trial by written declaration. You can find the forms online. This gives you 2 chances to win your case. If you lose your trial by written declaration then you appeal and have your case in front of a judge.

Trial by written declaration allows you to think out your case instead being nervous in front of the judge and forgetting what you may want to say or question you have for the police officer.

In your trial by written declaration ask some questions like:
How did the officer determined your music was too loud?
How did he know it was your music he heard?
Were there other cars around you that could have been playing the same music? Could it have possibly been them that had their music too loud?

Were your windows up or down?

Research the vehicle code for which you were cited. Ask questions that raise a reasonable doubt. Telling the judge that it could not have been you because you have 5x7s won't work.

Hope this helps.

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for 408LIGHTNING  Ford pictures for 408LIGHTNING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
were your windows up or down? [/QB]
as a matter of fact they were down and one of my door panels was off so it didnt have any of the insulation or watever that is between the door and the panel. i think thats why it sounded so loud. is there any way i can ask for a written tomorow over the phone? like i said before i may sound dumb but its my 1st time going to traffic court [Confused]

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

ok i just saw online that i had to give notice 10 days before to rescedual(sp?)

[ June 17, 2008, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: foxstang ]

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
10 day notice is only when you have already plead not guilty and changing your trial date. Your first court date is only for entering a plea of guilty, not guilty or no contest. You will have to go to court pay the fine and ask for a trial by written declaration. You can usually do this process at one of the clerks windows without ever seeing the judge.

If you are found not guilty the fine will be refunded.

[ June 17, 2008, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: jph331 ]

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

jph331 thanks for the help man. sorry for all the Q's, so when i go to the court house 2marrow do i ask for a written. what would u do? i'm just stressing cuz i am low on money. can i pay for anything wuth a check/credit card or do i go with cash to pay the amount owed?

[ June 17, 2008, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: foxstang ]

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

jph331
¯
Member # 665

You can pay by cash or check. Never had a court that accepted credit card. I would tell the clerk you intend to plead not guilty. You can ask if they have the trial by written declaration forms.

Like I said before all courts very slightly. Some courts require you to pay now, some after your trial. Ask the clerk to verify any questions you may have. The forms are also found on line. Just do a google search.

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

thanks bro so i got the form and am gonna take it incase they dont got it.

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

do i have to have the form ready. or do i take it and mail it?

[ June 17, 2008, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: foxstang ]

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

jph331
¯
Member # 665

Here is some more good info.

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/documents/tr200.pdf

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

thanks again [patriot]

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

so i went and got an extension cuz i told them i didnt have the money, till aug 28 to pay fine or scheduel court date. or file the written decleration. this gives me more than enough time to decide wat i am gonna write in the letter

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

lmfao sorry i had too [Razz]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
 -

lmfao sorry i had too [Razz]

like i said earlier that is my first ticket but damm that shit was funny.

[ June 17, 2008, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: foxstang ]

--------------------
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com