Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » excessive noise ticket

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: excessive noise ticket
VICSWS6
¯
Member # 6677

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VICSWS6  Ford pictures for VICSWS6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
has anyone gotten this ticket before.... the ticket says "inadequate mufflers"-excessive noise bull shit....but does anyone know how much they go for.....??? or is it a fix it ticket

--------------------
CAM MEMBER
2002 WS6

Termin8Him
¯
Member # 7895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Termin8Him  Ford pictures for Termin8Him    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just got one the other day but they also got me for tinted windows and not having a license plate up in front. it came out to be 325. so something less then that.

--------------------
-whippled termy
-07 silverado

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh thats sucks victor...... does your bird want to run my lil 302 [Big Grin] . from a dig lol you will get me up top

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

93 CHP
¯
Member # 8240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 CHP  Ford pictures for 93 CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats your exhaust system?
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got an "excessive noise - inadequite muffler" ticket before. mine was a fix it ticket. fixed it, payed the $10 and put it back LOL.

this was 3 years ago though

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Termin8Him:
just got one the other day but they also got me for tinted windows and not having a license plate up in front. it came out to be 325. so something less then that.

is it legit to put your front plate on your dash? or do you still get a ticket?
Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
93 CHP
¯
Member # 8240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 CHP  Ford pictures for 93 CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can still get a ticket for that I heard
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah, if the cop feels like it, he can cite you for that too. not the stock location

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup I got a ticket twice for with the plate in the windshield about 2-3 years ago. After the 2nd, I havent had a plate at all up front and havent been pulled over once yet. I think the plate in the windshield will get more attention. My.02 [patriot]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Saleenssc14
¯
Member # 7791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleenssc14  Ford pictures for Saleenssc14    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for excessive noise it is just a fix it ticket and if you have to go to court say you just had it like that because you had went out to the track that weekend, worked 4 me.

--------------------
Carlos Munoz

Posts: 1156 | From: Union City | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tell the court your muffler fell off on the way home!

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

VICSWS6
¯
Member # 6677

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VICSWS6  Ford pictures for VICSWS6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93 CHP:
whats your exhaust system?

spintech with out cats he said i was trying to keep it down but it didnt work...lol...they where trying to get me for nitrous in lowering springs but they just let me go with da muffler ticket...

--------------------
CAM MEMBER
2002 WS6

VICSWS6
¯
Member # 6677

quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
oh thats sucks victor...... does your bird want to run my lil 302 [Big Grin] . from a dig lol you will get me up top

ill be on slicks though cause i have no traction from a dig.....do i smell another impound...lol

--------------------
CAM MEMBER
2002 WS6

30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 30Tunes  Ford pictures for 30Tunes  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
exactly what dude said above me. dont have the plate in the windshield and they wont mess with you about it. just say "my car didnt come with one". it IS illegal to not have a plate in the front but the whole having it in the window is flamboyant and thats why you get pulled over in the first place

--------------------
SUCCESS ONLY COMES BEFORE WORK IN THE DICTIONARY

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by VICSWS6:
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:

ill be on slicks though cause i have no traction from a dig.....do i smell another impound...lol
lol fuck that hahahahaha...... you n/a on slicks, and ill run what i got.  -  -

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just put the plate on. All your doing is giving them a reason to pull you over and look for other shit they can site you for. [Roll Eyes]
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
All your doing is giving them a reason to pull you over and look for other shit they can site you for. [Roll Eyes]

My buddy and I have a running debate over that point. The opposite has been my experience - I get pulled over for speeding, illegal parking, what not - and they bump it down to a front plate ticket. So I get that instead of the bigger ticket.

But my buddy says what you say, they can use that as a reason to pop you. Which can be bad if you had a drink or two that day...

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 30Tunes  Ford pictures for 30Tunes  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i agree...if you plan on doin stupid shit than might as well leave it on. i like not having it on cause if i were to do something, only people behind me can report my license plate haha

--------------------
SUCCESS ONLY COMES BEFORE WORK IN THE DICTIONARY

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's double true. And I'll tell you something else - I have been photo radared many times and never got a ticket!

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com