Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » wrecked my bike... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: wrecked my bike...
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wrecked my brand new bike yesterday. I was riding with some guys, and from what they said I went too hot into a corner and grabbed too much front brake. ended up bout 15' down an embankment. almost lost my finger, maybe got caught on a branch or somethin cuz it lost a bunch of tissue and a little bit of bone. right now theres a pin going through all 3 bones to hold it together. I got 6 stitches between my big toe and the one next to it, dunno how it got hurt cuz i was wearing boots. got some abrasions on my shoulder I guess from the inside of the jacket or somethin. otherwise pretty damn sore. I dont remember anything from a few minutes before, til almost to the hospital in the ambulance.

I'm stickin with cages from now on. I cant afford another one of these

oh and heres my bike

-

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You are very fortunate to be alive, glad to hear you made it out with only superficial wounds. I lost 3 friends in a matter of 2 years in motorcycle accidents and have a brother that refuses to stop riding despite a bad crash he was in. I personally will never ride a bike again.
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what type of bike was it? Did you have lot of experiance riding or was this a freak thing? just curious. Glad you are still alive to talk about it.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it was an 08 buell firebolt xb12r. I had put 600 miles on it in a matter of a few days. my last bike was a 98 yamaha yzf600r, i put a few thousand miles on it over a year

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WHOA! Man sorry for your loss and the pain you are in,...take a couple Vicodin and count you blessings though. Stories like this freak me out. I ride and have two little kids at home,...everytime I pull out of the garage on that thing I say a little prayer to bring me home safe.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks i am glad your ok.
My GF is looking into getting a bike right now.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you go over the handle bars? I did that on 193 last year and was out of work for a month. I was laying there on the asphalt with the ambulance coming, and the first thing i said was, "is my bike ok?" If you put 600 miles on it that quick, im sure you'll be back on another one soon. Shit happens especially on bikes.
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man glad your ok.. had a buddy go down this weekend also. he did the same thing you did. to hot going into a turn.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

CobraKilla
¯
Member # 1449

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraKilla  Ford pictures for CobraKilla  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear that man, was it on Highway 9? I was up there yesterday and the CHP had a road blocked off about 4pm up there.

--------------------
62 Impala- LS2, Six-speed, 9", drop spindles, etc etc...

Posts: 599 | From: Nationwide | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
about 3 or 4 weekends back there was a total of 3 people that lost their lives on their bikes up off of skyline/9 all in one weekend. Be careful out there guys.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

nowhere near 9, it was in auberry by fresno

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

heres my finger b4 surgery. dont click if u cant handle gore
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7593/p00023hp6.jpg
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/464/p00020bo4.jpg

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by z pyro:
heres my finger b4 surgery. dont click if u cant handle gore
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7593/p00023hp6.jpg
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/464/p00020bo4.jpg

holly shit!glad your alive man... my dads friend was in a accident not to long ago his name is ken. he got peralized front the waist down [Frown] ...

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ April 14, 2008, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks, hope you get well soon and be careful on those bikes.

My cousin just picked up a brand new R6 Raven and mine is arriving this weekend for delievery. We are taking some classes at http://www.ca-msp.org soon. Its fun and all but everytime you leave the house, pray you come back safe.

Goodluck [patriot]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man oh Man are you lucky. All of us as riders can get a little over our heads here and there. But sometimes we dont get second or third or fourth chances. I don't know the layout of the road, but that could have turned even worse if you crossed the double yellow and went head on with another vehicle. I've done that myself (crossed the double yellow) when I first started and remind myself from time to time that I don't need to push my limits on the streets and save it for the track. Luckily there wasnt another vehicle in that area at the moment that happened. Anyhow, be safe out there EVERYONE. Remind yourself the consequences that can happen on one simple mistake. If you want to show off or impress someone or just want to increase your skills BRING IT TO THE TRACK!!!

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow,sorry that happened to you at least you can live to tell about it!!!! [dance] Are yo gonna have full use of the figure when it heals?

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats scary mang. good luck on a speedy recovery

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you plan to ride again you should really figure out exactly what happened. To be honest..there are no accidents...just collisions. Did you actually brake during the corner and stand it up mid-corner or did you lose the front or something(lowside)? Those are the things you might want to consider (and learn) before throwing a leg over again. If you don't learn from this then your just asking for it.

You (and many others) will be really suprised on how fast a bike can take a corner without ending up in the weeds. What messes it up is the rider or actually the wrong rider inputs that are put to the bike when entering or leaving a corner. My guess is that that you entered the corner hotter then you usually would and you had the natural reaction to hit the brakes(in a panic). This of course, stands the bike and aims you straight off road. Perhaps you might have saved it if you put some gas in and looked through the corner.

Good luck to you and be safe (smart).

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear about your bike........Oh, yeah and you're ok I guess.... [Big Grin]

Cobra Phil has some good points, but now all you can really do at this point is learn from your mistakes....

I went through Polameris(sp) canyon the other day, and I was seriously taking it easy...There are a few increasing radius turns and it really fucks you up when you hit an early apex and you're already leaning the bike as hard as you can...Everyday I ride, I learn, but shit happens...

Are you gonna get another Buell???

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
If you plan to ride again you should really figure out exactly what happened. To be honest..there are no accidents...just collisions. Did you actually brake during the corner and stand it up mid-corner or did you lose the front or something(lowside)? Those are the things you might want to consider (and learn) before throwing a leg over again. If you don't learn from this then your just asking for it.

You (and many others) will be really suprised on how fast a bike can take a corner without ending up in the weeds. What messes it up is the rider or actually the wrong rider inputs that are put to the bike when entering or leaving a corner. My guess is that that you entered the corner hotter then you usually would and you had the natural reaction to hit the brakes(in a panic). This of course, stands the bike and aims you straight off road. Perhaps you might have saved it if you put some gas in and looked through the corner.

Good luck to you and be safe (smart).

since nobody was riding my bike cept for me, and my memory was wiped, i possibly may never know 100% what caused it. from what I was told by someone else, I hit the front brake in the turn. sure sounds like an accident to me. I sure as hell didnt do it on purpose [Razz]

[ April 17, 2008, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: z pyro ]

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

oh heres latest pics of my finger

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/6509/l5163f7b21860448c5e072chg9.jpg
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3268/l008588ff46da2bf1e0e42epo5.jpg

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think cobramanphil is correct not what you want to here but correct. Is your bike totaled? or can they fix it..

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

theres nothing i need to hear i dont already know

havent heard from the dealer about the bike yet

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAMN your finger is nasty!!! Your still lucky though. [patriot]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com