Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What's better B303 or E303?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What's better B303 or E303?
CaliCoop
¯
Member # 7031

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliCoop  Ford pictures for CaliCoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm confused between 2 cams, I have a E303 and I Have B303 cam, the B303 is already installed in a stock low mileage 302 ci, and I also have a set of GT40p heads going on this engine, so my question is which cam is better? All info will be greatly appreciated, thanx guys

--------------------
"Swang Shyt Click"
1991 Silver&Black Notchback on Vogues,Mach 1's, Black Bullits, Black Chrome Saleens
2000 Camaro SS "SOLD"
1968 Stang 5spd coupe

Posts: 412 | From: Mack Rd. Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Their both crap,I would not waste my time with either one...

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
Their both crap,I would not waste my time with either one...

Ditto, stay away from the Motorsport cams

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

ModularMotorz
¯
Member # 5954

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ModularMotorz  Ford pictures for ModularMotorz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When choosing the cam just keep in mind if you want to keep it "smog legal". If so, the E cam is your cam of choice.....

[ April 02, 2008, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: ModularMotorz ]

Posts: 1014 | From: Daly City | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ModularMotorz:
Some people just aren't very helpful.... [Roll Eyes] I would have to say it depends on the overall setup, but keep in mind the E cam is smog legal. It all depends on what route you choose to take.

the b303 will aslo pass smog. doesn't have a carb # but i have pass smog 3 times with it installed.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

CaliCoop
¯
Member # 7031

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliCoop  Ford pictures for CaliCoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This motor is going in a 66 mustang, smog isn't an issue but trying to keep the car reliable and make a lil bit more power than stock, and I'm going to be running this setup without fuel inj. Its going to be carbed. Just trying to see what's the most effective cam for my setup, I personally have a TFS stage 1 in my hatch and am very happy with it

--------------------
"Swang Shyt Click"
1991 Silver&Black Notchback on Vogues,Mach 1's, Black Bullits, Black Chrome Saleens
2000 Camaro SS "SOLD"
1968 Stang 5spd coupe

CaliCoop
¯
Member # 7031

This motor is going in a 66 mustang, smog isn't an issue but trying to keep the car reliable and make a lil bit more power than stock, and I'm going to be running this setup without fuel inj. Its going to be carbed. Just trying to see what's the most effective cam for my setup, I personally have a TFS stage 1 in my hatch and am very happy with it, but I'm trying to have this motor a lil bit more aggressive than the stock .444 lift, so info is greatly appreciated even if its bad mouthing the alphabet cams

--------------------
"Swang Shyt Click"
2000 Camaro SS "SOLD"
1968 Stang 5spd coupe

xcessive50
¯
Member # 2995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xcessive50  Ford pictures for xcessive50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
B for the win. If choosing between those two,then the B cam is the more aggressive one. Dont let the amount of lift fool ya on the E cam cuz its bigger,its got less duration and has a milder grind,to put it simply

[ April 03, 2008, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: xcessive50 ]

Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by xcessive50:
B for the win. If choosing between those two,then the B cam is the more aggressive one. Dont let the amount of lift fool ya

True here. Alphabet cams are old technology but people make plenty of power with them. F-cams and S-Trims go 10's all the time. There are better cams but...

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Run the B cam with 1.7 rockers, you end up with close to an F cam on the specs and make great power.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I personally have no problem with the motorsport cams I have made good power with a few of them
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
CaliCoop
¯
Member # 7031

I want to thank you all for helping me decide, I will be running the B303 cam and I like the feedback I got from you all sooo, on that note I'm out. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Swang Shyt Click"
2000 Camaro SS "SOLD"
1968 Stang 5spd coupe

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dave50:
quote:
Originally posted by xcessive50:
B for the win. If choosing between those two,then the B cam is the more aggressive one. Dont let the amount of lift fool ya

True here. Alphabet cams are old technology but people make plenty of power with them. F-cams and S-Trims go 10's all the time. There are better cams but...
That was my combo [Big Grin] . F-cam with S-trim= 10.68 for me..+ a couple other bolt ons LOL.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with the 1.7 rockers tho
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stangs R Us *red GT black rallyes*:
Go with the 1.7 rockers tho

+1 [burnout]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com