Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Local exhaust shop

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Local exhaust shop
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
can someone recommend a local exhaust shop that can do mandrel bends and uses stainless steel tubing and not aluminum? i'm looking for a quality shop that can provide nice smooth welds. i will pay for quality work.

i want to do add a custom exhaust setup on my dad's new '08 tundra. his birthday is coming up and my brother and i would like to do this for him.

i have the muffler and exhaust tip already. i would have the shop make a custom y-pipe and do all the welding. thanks.

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if u wanna take a trip to san jo, i got you [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:

do you own or work at an exhaust shop? thanks.
Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry  Ford pictures for Larry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mufflers Or More in Manteca..they also do some suspension work, cold air kits,etc....

(209)825-0966 Ask For Mike (Owner)

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
norcal exhuast/truck in manteca good quality work. took three of my cars there. also did a complete custom 3" spin tech exhuat mandrel bend on an 70' el camino of a good friend from nummi, u probably see in tracy lives there.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
norcal exhuast/truck in manteca good quality work. took three of my cars there. also did a complete custom 3" spin tech exhuat mandrel bend on an 70' el camino of a good friend from nummi, u probably see in tracy lives there.

They have one in Stockton 2 I was going to recommend. They did my 67 coupe, my 88 and a custom bend on my friends 64 falcon. My stuff wasnt custom. There is also American Muffler, they used to be Muffler Tech and were real good then. but I guess was bought. They are located in stockton.

I didnt know there were so many folks in this neck of the woods (stockton, tracy, manteca).

[ March 19, 2008, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've taken all my cars to Tri-valley Muffler in Dublin. Highly recommended.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

awesome, thanks guys. i will check out these shops.
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:

do you own or work at an exhaust shop? thanks.
na, good friend of mine does

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
White95GT
¯
Member # 1915

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White95GT  Ford pictures for White95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BCINGUU:

same
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have had success with Mel and Son's in Richmond, CA...

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

quote:
Originally posted by White95GT:
quote:
Originally posted by BCINGUU:

same
I'm going to check them out first and get a quote friday after work and maybe get everything welded up saturday morning.

there's also minute muffler around there that i hear good things about. i might check them out too. thanks again guys.

[ March 20, 2008, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: stangin' ]

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to minute muffler in Dublin. Scotty does great work with extremely fair pricing.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Go to minute muffler in Dublin. Scotty does great work with extremely fair pricing.

I got off work today and rushed over to Tri-Valley Mufflers. My first impression was damn this is a well kept clean shop. It was closing time and they were finishing up a 300C. The owner was really friendly and seemed cool. They didn't have the SS tubing I wanted in stock or the y-pipe that I would need, but the owner said he could get everything by Monday. I got my quote and told them I'll call monday to remind them to order the parts. I spoke to the owner of the 300C for a bit and checked out the welds on his exhaust and they looked pretty good. I wouldn't say great, but good enough to get my business.

I figured since Minute Muffler was around the block that I would check them out too. It was closing time for them as well. As I walked in and politely asked for a quick quote, I got the "Can't you see we're closed" look with a [Roll Eyes] . I kidd you not, his eyes looked just like that [Confused] . Instantly, I was turned off by the shrugged-off attitude. I got my quote, was cheaper by the way, but i won't be going back there. The shop looked pretty messy too. Dunno, maybe I caught him on a bad day [Confused] .

The best exhaust shop that I've used is RPM Mufflers in Hayward, but that damn owner is very anal about doing things the legal way. He wouldn't even add duals to the rear exiting straight out b/c of the possibility of fumes entering the rear glass. Another time he wouldn't add a turndown tip for me b/c the law says it must go over the rear axle. One thing for sure, his welds are super smooth and the best I've seen so far. It looks like machine welds that you see on aftermarket catbacks.

[ March 22, 2008, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: stangin' ]

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, I know he jokes around alot, and sometimes does that stuff. But his work is always good, and he always stands behind what he does. The shop is old. Been there for quite some time.

Again you may have caught him at a bad time, but I as well as many others here can always vouch for him.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jeff @ abc in benicia is the shit!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Scoobysnack
¯
Member # 6721

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoobysnack  Ford pictures for Scoobysnack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ditto on Tri Valley Muffler....He's done 5 of my cars.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com