Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ALLIGNMENT QUESTION

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ALLIGNMENT QUESTION
PeninsulaCOBRA
¯
Member # 5549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeninsulaCOBRA  Ford pictures for PeninsulaCOBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WHERE TO GO IN THE PENINSULA/BAY AREA
HOW MUCH IS IT

NO LOWERED MUSTANG

HELP! I HAVE NOT
HAD AN ALLIGMENT
IN YEARS [Confused]

--------------------
"U feel like u run it huh? Now u know how we feel"-Kanye

Posts: 411 | From: Burlingame to San Diego | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How are your tires wearing? No matter what, if you don't rotate your tires your going to get edge wear on the front. On a Fox body they will wear on the outer edge, you have to expect that. I ran 245-45's up front and 275-40's in the rear so I couldn't rotate them so I had normal edge wear. Don't let tire shops lie to you and say you need an alignment just because of edge wear. If you have a ton of tread left with one bald edge then you could have a problem. Also, people assume if the car pulls or the wheel shakes its an alignment issue. Most times unless you have something seriously worn out or have hit something its the tire causing your problem. Radial pull is a common problem, I've seen it in new and used tires. Mustangs have a very solid front suspension, I've rarely seen bad parts even on very high mileage cars. Sorry for rambling, I've just dealt with suspension and tires a lot in the past and can't stand the lies shops tell just to upsell work.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call 5 Points Tire in Redwood City. A friend of mine runs the shop over there. Ask for Manny.

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RioredGT  Ford pictures for RioredGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camaro Kid Z/28:
Call 5 Points Tire in Redwood City. A friend of mine runs the shop over there. Ask for Manny.

Do you know if they're good with doing custom alignments (i.e. adjusting cc plates)?

Thanks [patriot]

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want a "good" but "basic" alignment go to House of Brakes in SF. If you want a "really good" but expensive one then take it to Custom Alignment in the south bay
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
PeninsulaCOBRA
¯
Member # 5549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeninsulaCOBRA  Ford pictures for PeninsulaCOBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THANK U! YA MY CAR PULLS TO THER RIGHT A LITTLE
THATS IT! JUST WANT IT ALLIGNED LOL

THANKS!! RWC IS IT,THANKS BRO!

--------------------
"U feel like u run it huh? Now u know how we feel"-Kanye

Posts: 411 | From: Burlingame to San Diego | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RioredGT:
quote:
Originally posted by Camaro Kid Z/28:

Do you know if they're good with doing custom alignments (i.e. adjusting cc plates)?

Thanks [patriot]

Manny owns a few fox bodys. He knows mustangs and can help you out

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com