Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sheriff's Deputy Runs over 3 bike riders Killing 2

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sheriff's Deputy Runs over 3 bike riders Killing 2
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Didnt see this posted yet.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/15548177/detail.html

CUPERTINO, Calif. -- The Santa Clara County Sheriff's office Monday identified the deputy driving the patrol car that collided with three bicyclists on Sunday in the Cupertino hills, killing two of them, as James Council.

Council, 27, has been a sheriff's deputy for approximately 18 months. He is assigned to the West Valley Patrol Division. On Sunday he began his shift at 6 a.m. and before the accident was scheduled to work until 6:30 p.m. He is currently on paid administrative leave while the accident is being investigated, according to sheriff's office spokesman Don Morrissey.

Authorities said that at approximately 10:25 A.M., Council was traveling northbound on Stevens Canyon Road near Montebello Road in Cupertino when his vehicle struck the bicyclists who were traveling southbound on Stevens Canyon Road, according to the sheriff's office.

Following the crash, Council exited his vehicle, rendered aid and requested emergency medical assistance, county officials reported.

Tragically, one of the bicyclists died at the scene. A second bicyclist was transported via Life Flight to Stanford Medical Center for treatment and died there.

The California Highway Patrol has launched an investigation into the incident.

Witnesses have told police they overheard Council admit to possibly falling asleep at the wheel shortly before the 10:25 a.m. Sunday crash. However, authorities were refusing to speculate what may have caused the accident.

"It's going to be a drawn-out comprehensive investigation," said Don Morrissey, a spokesman for the Sheriff's Department. "It's just a tragic incident. Obviously, it's going to have deep impacts on everybody involved, from the deputy to the victim's family, next of kin, family, friends, everybody like that."

The third bicyclist was taken to Stanford Medical Center with critical injuries, but has since been listed in stable condition, according to Morrissey.

Friends have identified the dead as 30-year-old Kristy Gough of Oakland and Matt Peterson, 29, of San Francisco. Gough competed professionally as a triathlete and only recently had begun to concentrate on cycling.

Peterson, member of the San Francisco-based Roaring Mouse Cycles racing team, had recently won a road racing event in downtown Merced.

The CHP has closed Stevens Canyon Road in both directions from Balboa Road to the entrance to the Stevens Creek Reservoir, Hoover said.

The California Highway Patrol is investigating the accident. The deputy will be placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.

Anyone who may have witnessed this accident is urged to contact the Officer Bowen of the California Highway Patrol at (408) 467-5354 ext.337.

[ March 10, 2008, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: bottled95GT?? ]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So either its a one lane road or he was going fast and went over the double yellow or the bikers went over the double yellow.
Did you hear about the off duty cop that shot some guys that were beating him?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you watched it on the news you can see that it's pretty obvious that the sherrif messed up.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
So either its a one lane road or he was going fast and went over the double yellow or the bikers went over the double yellow.
Did you hear about the off duty cop that shot some guys that were beating him?

nope thats some crazy ish... pm me the link. [patriot]
was just posting it up, its tragic to hear both for the bikers, but even more so for the Sheriff because he's gotta be investigated etc and this will live with him... [Frown]

*edit* found that link dana [Eek!]
http://www.officer.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=40525

[ March 10, 2008, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: bottled95GT?? ]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

BlkZ28Kreepn
¯
Member # 6333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkZ28Kreepn  Ford pictures for BlkZ28Kreepn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
he's a cop...they'll just say the bikers jumped in his lane.Thats funny they get paid leave, yet if i was to run somone over,i'd be in jail waiting for a court date..oh well, maybe its time to change careers.But we must remember, Cops are not above the law..And no, im not bashing cops,as a matter of fact.I want to take this minute out of my life to say thanks,to all in the police department..You guys rule!
GreyLX
¯
Member # 5601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyLX  Ford pictures for GreyLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlkZ28Kreepn:
he's a cop...they'll just say the bikers jumped in his lane.Thats funny they get paid leave, yet if i was to run somone over,i'd be in jail waiting for a court date..oh well, maybe its time to change careers.But we must remember, Cops are not above the law..And no, im not bashing cops,as a matter of fact.I want to take this minute out of my life to say thanks,to all in the police department..You guys rule!

WORD.
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He admitted to falling asleep. That's what the officer is saying.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holy crap...and my one friend thats a cop is also a sheriff's deputy from that same station. crazy..
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bicyclist are gay
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
bicyclist are gay

good post lame....2 people died and now this cop is going to have to live w/this horrible thing
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
bicyclist are gay

maybe he was practicing [Eek!]

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011565

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
quote:
bicyclist are gay

lmao matt!!! i was about to bump this thread a few minutes ago!!!!
Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
bicyclist are gay

I hope you burn in hell you fuckin piece of shit!!!!

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
bicyclist are gay

And before I forget, you can fuck off as well.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Such a terrible loss. I know some people in my tri club that trained and raced with the bicycle riders who were killed and I cant believe that something so terrible can happen.

--------------------

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
quote:
quote:
bicyclist are gay

Oh Damn did you forget to lube your seatpole this morning? Sounds like your spandex are on a lil tight there today cakeboy [Eek!]
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/03/11/BAFEVHT6I.DTL&feed=rss.bayarea

what a douche. thats straight bs

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
quote:
quote:
bicyclist are gay

Oh Damn did you forget to lube your seatpole this morning? Sounds like your spandex are on a lil tight there today cakeboy [Eek!]
hhaahahaahaaha!
444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
-

[ May 12, 2008, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: 347_C.I.D. ]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com