Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Concord Shooting Involving a 5.0

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Concord Shooting Involving a 5.0
FriscoNotch
¯
Member # 5916

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FriscoNotch  Ford pictures for FriscoNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shooting leaves Concord man dead
Marisa Lagos, Chronicle Staff Writer
Friday, February 8, 2008

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/08/MN5KUV15K.DTL&tsp=1

(24)
(02-08) 08:24 PST CONCORD -- A 20-year-old man was shot in Concord Thursday evening and died several hours later after what appears to be a random shooting, police said today.
The Concord resident, whose name has not yet been released, was walking with several friends at Clayton Road and Detroit Avenue shortly before 8 p.m. Thursday when they had a "brief encounter" with the occupants of a Ford Mustang 5.0 that included "hard looks and stares," said Lt. Andrew Gartner.
The Mustang left then returned to the area, found the victims walking on the 1700 block of Pine Street and stopped in the street. A passenger, described as in his 30s and weighing 180 to 200 pounds, got out of the car, fired at least four rounds from a semi-automatic handgun, then returned to the car and fled the area, said Gartner.
The suspects fled on westbound Clayton Road toward Highway 242, he said. Police do not belive the shooting was gang related and said there was "little or not verbal exchange" before the slaying.
The suspect was wearing a white T-shirt, blue jeans and a tan baseball hat. The Mustang was an early to mid-90s model, said Gartner, and had a rear spoiler, five-spoke chrome wheels and low profile tires.
Anyone with information may call Detective David Ishikawa at (925) 603-5865. Anonymous tips may be directed to (925) 603-5836.
E-mail Marisa Lagos at mlagos@sfchronicle.com.

--------------------
'93 SSP 5.0 Police Coupe
'83 GLX 5.0 Coupe
'79 Ghia Coupe

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats great they should have used a different car now everyone with a mustang that has 5 SPOKE WHEELS is going to get pulled over which means pretty much everyone
Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Mustang was described as an early to mid-1990s model, and had a rear spoiler, five-spoke chrome wheels and low-profile tires,

that should be easy to pick out. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not too far from my house.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well thats just great i work in concord and take 242 to 4 to get home along with 2 other employees which all three of us have 5.0's with a spoiler and 5 spoke rims- damn it - and i am wearing a tan hat [Razz] j/k about the hat [Razz]
xcessive50
¯
Member # 2995

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for xcessive50  Ford pictures for xcessive50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what a f**king coward. Drives away to go get a weapon comes back and kills a 20 year old just for some hard looks. Step out the f**king car and fight like a man. Anyone can pull a trigger.
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and here we have it, another fine example of the bay area going fuckin bizerk.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Termin8Him
¯
Member # 7895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Termin8Him  Ford pictures for Termin8Him    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just for a hard look some young guy got killed!!! crazy and stupid!!

--------------------
-whippled termy
-07 silverado

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good thing i got ten holes lol... that is just stupid over hard looks... people are bunch of pussies now a days!

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I live in a pretty good area & was out front last night and some fool's drove by My neighbor's & popped off a few round's so I dove and took cover and called the cop's & gave a description of the car [Mad] , plus My window got broke out In My DD last saturday night "which sucked because I had to drive up to My uncle's funeral early sunday morning and I had to take My wifes car" so hopefully the police will up the patrol's through My nighborhood!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
Yeah I live in a pretty good area & was out front last night and some fool's drove by My neighbor's & popped off a few round's so I dove and took cover and called the cop's & gave a description of the car [Mad] , plus My window got broke out In My DD last saturday night "which sucked because I had to drive up to My uncle's funeral early sunday morning and I had to take My wifes car" so hopefully the police will up the patrol's through My nighborhood!

doesn't sound like a very nice neighborhood if you have to deal with shit like that.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Figures that a mustang was involved............

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
quote:

doesn't sound like a very nice neighborhood if you have to deal with shit like that.
you live in the bay shit like that happens everywhere
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
quote:

Well I have owned My Home for over 10 year's and have alway's parked My car on the street with no problem's till now so I think that was a pretty good run & I am not a 100% sure it was gun shoot's last night because I did'nt see any flashes's, so it's possibe that it could have been firework's but I figured I should call it in either way. Let's face it crime happen's in every city and there is no ryme or reason.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Thirteen Twenty:
The Mustang was described as an early to mid-1990s model, and had a rear spoiler, five-spoke chrome wheels and low-profile tires,

that should be easy to pick out. [Roll Eyes]

LOL!

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am glad i moved out of there, the bay area is going to hell.

[ February 09, 2008, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: 532Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

GreyLX
¯
Member # 5601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyLX  Ford pictures for GreyLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:

Nah just the EAST bay.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
93GT DSS331 incon800tti

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats pretty sad and disgusting at the sametime.. Wow... Hard stares huh... [Roll Eyes] R.I.P to the young one.. My prayers with his folks
Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
good thing i got ten holes lol... that is just stupid over hard looks... people are bunch of pussies now a days!

fool, we live in SJ not concord. lol, but we'll still get pulled over for anything anyway. fuckin sjpd [Mad] [Roll Eyes] [BS flag]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GreyLX:
quote:

Nah just the EAST bay.

[Big Grin]

and southbay. east side to be exact. [Eek!]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Give me a break. Leave it up to you to make this type of comment everytime a crime in the bay area comes up.

Much like any huge metropolitan area, there will be a wide spectrum of regions. The Bay Area shares some of the most lucrative real estate in the world. With a population like we have, there will always be the lesser areas and there will always be crime.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com