Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Got broke into again.... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Got broke into again....
lwrs10
¯
Member # 7820

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lwrs10  Ford pictures for lwrs10    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My Cobra got broke into again today....for the 3rd time. Somehow, don't know how, they keep unlocking my doors. They are not breaking windows, using a slimjim, or forcing their way in. My doors are getting unlocked!!!

This time they took my complete car stereo system, my gas mask and gear(military), cd's, my cleaning supplies, even took my extra quart of oil and blower belt I keep in the trunk.

Noone else has a key to my car....and I have never had one made. How are they unlocking my doors?!? And I have my wife verify I lock it every night....since it has happened before.

I think i need to get a loud as hell alarm. Anyone have any suggestions?

--------------------
2003 Cobra....Not stock
1990 Hatch...DD
1979 Indy Pace car...F/S

Posts: 102 | From: Marysville | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get an apt/house that has a GARAGE!
lwrs10
¯
Member # 7820

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lwrs10  Ford pictures for lwrs10    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Get an apt/house that has a GARAGE!

why yes...yes i do....

--------------------
2003 Cobra....Not stock
1990 Hatch...DD
1979 Indy Pace car...F/S

FAST93
¯
Member # 6722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FAST93  Ford pictures for FAST93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
clifford alarm....
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks bad, sounds like someone has an extra remote to your car. I think you can do a total reprogram on the keyless entry system using the remotes you have. It will remove any others saved in the system..... this is how it works on the 96 Cobra's anyway. I got a second remote and when I programed the car to it the original one wouldn't work. I found out you have to hit a button on each remote for the car to recognize them. I can't think of any other way someone would be able to get into your car without actually breaking in unless they have an extra key.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dammmm third time without any damage getting in?! I'd setup some good camera system that detects motion and starts recording..

Sounds like the same lowlives doing it over and over... Karma will get them but for now get a good alarm system and a garage!

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can get into any foxbody with a long thin flat head screw driver.

I have done it many times when I locked my keys out of my car.

Suprised if they know how to do that, they didnt take your shit.

Put an auto lock on it.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
lwrs10
¯
Member # 7820

its a 2003 cobra.....does it have the same locks as a fox?

--------------------
2003 Cobra....Not stock
1990 Hatch...DD
1979 Indy Pace car...F/S

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by lwrs10:
its a 2003 cobra.....does it have the same locks as a fox?

My car isn't a fox, its a 96 Cobra. I have the key with the chip in it and remotes that lock and unlock the doors. If you go the car used and the old owner has an extra key or old remote its still programed to the car. I'd search the internet and find out how to reprogram the security system so it only works with the remotes you have. Another thing you could do is change the locks, no matter what if they have a key they can get in. You can have a spare without the chip and it wont start the car but will open the doors and trunk.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
GreyLX
¯
Member # 5601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyLX  Ford pictures for GreyLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
you can get into any foxbody with a long thin flat head screw driver.

I have done it many times when I locked my keys out of my car.

Suprised if they know how to do that, they didnt take your shit.

Put an auto lock on it.

An autolock wont stop them from stealing the contents of the car though!

You NEED to shave your door handles.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
93GT DSS331 incon800tti

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd be in the bushes waiting with my 9 iron for those bitches, then I would tee off, fore!

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Back in the 80's my Dad lived in Oakland. He had a 73 Camaro that got broke into once and they stole his car stereo. Then the next week he blasted his radio as he drove around. Sure enough the scumbags came back, but little did they know my two uncles and my Dad where inside the big van that was parked right next to it.

The funny thing is they told me that they had pot of chicken adobo, rice, and some juice while they camped out that night.

Times have changed but unfortunately the dumb idiots like these have not.

0Cobra3
¯
Member # 2901

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0Cobra3  Ford pictures for 0Cobra3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Park one side extremely close to a wall. Put a sawed-off shotgun inside with a pully mechanism attached to the trigger inside. When someone opens the door....BAM! Low-life soup. I just haven't figured out how you can get back in the car. Maybe thru the trunk?

Just an idea.

--------------------
It'll be fine....just run it.

Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
My Cobra got broke into again today....for the 3rd time. Somehow, don't know how, they keep unlocking my doors. They are not breaking windows, using a slimjim, or forcing their way in. My doors are getting unlocked!!!

This time they took my complete car stereo system, my gas mask and gear(military), cd's, my cleaning supplies, even took my extra quart of oil and blower belt I keep in the trunk.

Noone else has a key to my car....and I have never had one made. How are they unlocking my doors?!? And I have my wife verify I lock it every night....since it has happened before.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet. I don't know how often this happens, but I've seen it quite a bit.

My brother has a 2000 v6 Mustang. A friend of mine, has a 2000 GT Mustang. Both keys interchangably unlook each car. I've seen this happen a lot but only with mustangs of the SAME year. I don't know why this happens, but my only speculation is that the key design blue prints for each key that Ford makes are too similar.

This of course only happens when you have the original keys and lock that came with the car.

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Posts: 565 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Lady GT
¯
Member # 4894

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady GT  Ford pictures for Lady GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by asskickn88:
That sucks bad, sounds like someone has an extra remote to your car. I think you can do a total reprogram on the keyless entry system using the remotes you have. It will remove any others saved in the system..... this is how it works on the 96 Cobra's anyway. I got a second remote and when I programed the car to it the original one wouldn't work. I found out you have to hit a button on each remote for the car to recognize them. I can't think of any other way someone would be able to get into your car without actually breaking in unless they have an extra key. [/QUOTE

+1

--------------------
www.myspace.com/miss02gt

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tha91SiCkNeSs:
quote:

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet. I don't know how often this happens, but I've seen it quite a bit.

My brother has a 2000 v6 Mustang. A friend of mine, has a 2000 GT Mustang. Both keys interchangably unlook each car. I've seen this happen a lot but only with mustangs of the SAME year. I don't know why this happens, but my only speculation is that the key design blue prints for each key that Ford makes are too similar.

This of course only happens when you have the original keys and lock that came with the car.

the door keys for my 89 can unlock the drivers door and trunk on my girlfriends 91...

the only true solution is to not live in that kind of an area, move to montana and put the car in a garage [Mad]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
in all honesty bro someone has access to your car. if i were you i would keep it in the garage and check into local dealerships and the one you bought it from to see if any spare keys have been issued. then id see about getting your key reprogrammed

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you need a killer alarm that will wake the neighborhood let me know I can def. outfit your cobra and give you the protection you need the only down fall is that you have to come down here to the bay area but i can def put a nice dependable system in. let me know send me a pm. thanks, shaun
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
in all honesty bro someone has access to your car. if i were you i would keep it in the garage and check into local dealerships and the one you bought it from to see if any spare keys have been issued. then id see about getting your key reprogrammed

my thoughts exactly..

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
Back in the 80's my Dad lived in Oakland. He had a 73 Camaro that got broke into once and they stole his car stereo. Then the next week he blasted his radio as he drove around. Sure enough the scumbags came back, but little did they know my two uncles and my Dad where inside the big van that was parked right next to it.

The funny thing is they told me that they had pot of chicken adobo, rice, and some juice while they camped out that night.

dude...73 camaro...old school van...chicken adobo...classic filipino stake out..lol
SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
same thing happended to my ex's mustang. but hers was only a 2000 v6, the first time they made off with about $800 worth of shit she had in the car...the second time nothing was missing..kinda reminded me of the Dane Cook skit, "wtf did they take".

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
quote:

dude...73 camaro...old school van...chicken adobo...classic filipino stake out..lol
Was the "juice" San Miguel or Heinekin? That's what my uncles drink haha!
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
quote:

Was the "juice" San Miguel or Heinekin? That's what my uncles drink haha!
LOL. It was a classic filipino stake out. Most likely it was more than just juice but I was pretty young when they told the story. I figure they didn't want me hanging out with my cousins in a van, drinking beer, and waiting to beat up robbers.

But back to the topic. I agree with what someone send before. It sounds like someone has a set of keys. The only other explanation is that you mistakenly left the doors unlocked twice...but that is very unlikely.

Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tha91SiCkNeSs:
quote:

I have had several 80's fords and yes a little jiggling and the keys usually work on alot of ford cars.
Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustanghp950:
same thing happended to my ex's mustang. but hers was only a 2000 v6, the first time they made off with about $800 worth of shit she had in the car...the second time nothing was missing..kinda reminded me of the Dane Cook skit, "wtf did they take".

No shit huh its like "they just keep kicking in my door wtf...why...!" hahaha [Big Grin]

Just get an alarm bro and get that car secure.

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com