Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Alcatraz going down for a World Peace Center?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Alcatraz going down for a World Peace Center?
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.yahoo.com/s/793293

That's pretty lame..

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saw this information a couple weeks ago...I say do whatever to the place. Should make it an amusement park in my opinion. Something fun.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw that too, why destroy a national monument? Alcatraz is a cool place to check out, I've been there a few times and plan on going back again to explore. If they want some peace center then build it somewhere else, its just stupid to go that far to make a point. Its funny they want to vote on something that belongs to the federal government, no matter what happens they cant touch the island anyway.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[BS flag]

Alcatraz should stay the way it has been since it opened. Obviously people like going there and learning about its history.

VOTE NO ON C!!!

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck it...I say do SOMETHING with the place....I love Alcatraz, but it was only a jail for 10 years or something, not that long anyway....Knock it down...Make it something cool and something positive people can associate the Bay with....Pretty soon you'll have to rebuild the place anyway, then it wouldn't be the orginal jail anyway....Just my .02

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what a waste of ballot space. Either way nothing will happen. I say leave alcatraz as it is. There's a lot of history on that island, more than just that of the prison too...

and that guy's name just reminds me of a brian regan comedy sketch. "my name is BRIOOON!" [Razz]

[ January 28, 2008, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck that, that guy banging on the bowl can suck my jail house dick, wtf bull shit is this?? a peace center, cmon the bay is turning more and more into Durka durka's everyday. That's like building a peace center in the middle east. No one is going to fund some homo from marin..... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yohuallin  Ford pictures for yohuallin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Thirteen Twenty:
fuck that, that guy banging on the bowl can suck my jail house dick, wtf bull shit is this?? a peace center, cmon the bay is turning more and more into Durka durka's everyday. That's like building a peace center in the middle east. No one is going to fund some homo from marin..... [Roll Eyes]

+1
Posts: 359 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
Fuck it...I say do SOMETHING with the place....I love Alcatraz, but it was only a jail for 10 years or something, not that long anyway....Knock it down...Make it something cool and something positive people can associate the Bay with....Pretty soon you'll have to rebuild the place anyway, then it wouldn't be the orginal jail anyway....Just my .02

It was a prison from 1912-1963, for both military and federal prisoners. But it was actually a jail from about 1867.
I say leave it alone, it is as much of a landmark as the Statue of Liberty or Mt. Rushmore.

[ January 29, 2008, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: BlueOvalRacing ]

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say tear it down and make a 1/4 dragstrip on the bay. [Wink]

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
porchstang
¯
Member # 7937

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for porchstang  Ford pictures for porchstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gt from 650:
I say tear it down and make a 1/4 dragstrip on the bay. [Wink]

That would be sick but imagine the cost to get the cars over there they would make bank off of just that.
Posts: 114 | From: Bakersfield | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya and instead of a sandpit you just go swimming [Razz]
Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let's tear down Alcatraz, build the "World Peace Center" and/or "spiritual mecca". We can then build a mosque where the WTC use to be!

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oops, I didn't think of how to get the cars there.

Fill in the water around the island. With whatever you find. Man made island. Race track solved.

Next, I guess build an access rd. Florida Keys style to the island.

Either that or some ferry boats. Which would be figured into your entrance fee to the track.

[Confused] doesn't seem like such a great idea anymore.

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ December 14, 2008, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd rather see a drag strip on treasure island.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ January 31, 2008, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com