Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » anyone self employed??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone self employed??
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just curious to see what you guys do if you're self employed, or have started up like an entrepeneurial source of income for yourself.. I'm thinking of starting to do consulting work for a while. [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Pro71bird
¯
Member # 7844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pro71bird  Ford pictures for Pro71bird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I once owned an automotive repair shop and small commercial cleaning service. I was fortunate to sell both for a profit......Good luck.

--------------------
George
1973 Camaro
2002 SVT Lightning

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Self employed here.... Been consulting for quite a while now.
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Self employed here.... Been consulting for quite a while now.

how is it.. like schedule wise and getting clients... do you mind me asking exactly what you do??, you can pm if you like, curious to know your experience and how its worked out for you income and time wise.

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have to be very determined, focused and disciplined. Oh and you really have to put up $$$ for taxes. And report your income correctly. It was hard for me at first. But I have grown a bit and have employees now. But it was a uphill struggle due to my own organizational habits. It is very hard and discouraging at times. Rainy days seem to rain a bit harder for self employed. And believe it or not you tend to work harder and longer hours.

Oh and I run a Marketing/Advertising/Graphics?multimedia studio [patriot]

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
You have to be very determined, focused and disciplined. Oh and you really have to put up $$$ for taxes. And report your income correctly. It was hard for me at first. But I have grown a bit and have employees now. But it was a uphill struggle due to my own organizational habits. It is very hard and discouraging at times. Rainy days seem to rain a bit harder for self employed. And believe it or not you tend to work harder and longer hours.

Oh and I run a Marketing/Advertising/Graphics?multimedia studio [patriot]

Agreed, my family is self-employed too and they've never worked as hard as they do now.
I used to work with them, and God was it difficult.
Good Luck!

--------------------
=(

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com