Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Blower Help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Blower Help
8 ur ls1
¯
Member # 7409

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8 ur ls1  Ford pictures for 8 ur ls1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey guys have a couple questions i put a a-trim on my 90. and i have a e303 cam and full exhaust. whats a better cam to run with blower and what size injectors should i get? also planning on 4.10 gears soon

--------------------
real cars dont spin the front tires... they lift them!

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 8 ur ls1:
hey guys have a couple questions i put a a-trim on my 90. and i have a e303 cam and full exhaust. whats a better cam to run with blower and what size injectors should i get? also planning on 4.10 gears soon

Almost any cam will be better. What head's are You running & it's a manual tranny rite? Stock 6 rib pullies on Your a trim? IF you have stock head's then You should swap those out before the cam as Your valve spring's will be floating at around 5000-5200 with stock head's which will give You a narrow power ban as the blower probably won't start making boost till 3500. If You are buying a new set of injector's You might as well go with 42's but You could probably get away with 36's but won't give You room to grow. With a manual tranny then You should consider 355's. You will need a 255 fuel pump in the tank. Give more info on Your combo and it will help people give You better answer's to Your question's

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

8 ur ls1
¯
Member # 7409

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8 ur ls1  Ford pictures for 8 ur ls1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Almost any cam will be better. What head's are You running & it's a manual tranny rite? Stock 6 rib pullies on Your a trim? IF you have stock head's then You should swap those out before the cam as Your valve spring's will be floating at around 5000-5200 with stock head's which will give You a narrow power ban as the blower probably won't start making boost till 3500. If You are buying a new set of injector's You might as well go with 42's but You could probably get away with 36's but won't give You room to grow. With a manual tranny then You should consider 355's. You will need a 255 fuel pump in the tank. Give more info on Your combo and it will help people give You better answer's to Your question's

yea still have stock heads and stock pulley saving up money still.....and manual tranny. do you think the stock bottom end would be able to handle the heads and everything?

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

yea still have stock heads and stock pulley saving up money still.....and manual tranny. do you think the stock bottom end would be able to handle the heads and everything?

You should be fine with the a trim and HCI as long as Your engine is in good condition. Your fuel system, tune, and driving habit's will also effect Your engines life span. What gear's do You have now? Fuel pump? FMU? Timing set at?

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have actualy had very good luck with the E-cam and blowers. I wouldn't waste the money swaping that. Spend it on good heads first.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

85gtcarbro8du-up
¯
Member # 5169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85gtcarbro8du-up  Ford pictures for 85gtcarbro8du-up    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
I have actualy had very good luck with the E-cam and blowers. I wouldn't waste the money swaping that. Spend it on good heads first.

yes, a lot of people diss the e-cam, but it is actually a decent cam for basic supercharged setups. x2 wut 2 stangs says

--------------------
weiand blown 302 with all the goodies

too many horses and ft lbs for a t-5. looks like rebuild or upgrade time

8 ur ls1
¯
Member # 7409

[worship] thanks for all the info guys..

and i have all stock fuel system stock gears and i have the FMU that came with the kit... what heads do you think cuz im on a pretty tight budget

--------------------

8 ur ls1
¯
Member # 7409

and i have all stock fuel system stock gears and i have the FMU that came with the kit... what heads do you think cuz im on a pretty tight budget

--------------------

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
edelbrock performers if you wanna keep it smog legal, if not, then performer RPMs, they're descent and not too expensive.
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:

You can probably get by with a 255 walbro intank pump and the FMU for now. You should just try to find a set of used aluminum head's "locally if possible".

--------------------

8 ur ls1
¯
Member # 7409

yea ive bin loing for some used ones leme know if any has any?

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com