Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » the Lightning lives.... finally

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: the Lightning lives.... finally
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After months I finally got my truck running again. I ended up using some parts from my other project and selling some stuff I didn't want plan on just to finish it but its running. I decided to go roller with the new motor and had huge setbacks with the engine I got but ended up buying a retro roller cam and getting it done. With all the porting and upgrades I made this thing should be a lot of fun, I can't wait to get a few miles on it and maybe a few runs too [Big Grin]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats kool man!!! how you been?? still have phone "A" and phone "B"...hahahaha!!!

get some miles on it and get it to the track on saturday...ill be there with the cobra!!

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
thats kool man!!! how you been?? still have phone "A" and phone "B"...hahahaha!!!

get some miles on it and get it to the track on saturday...ill be there with the cobra!!

Ahhhhh yes, the old phone "a" and "b"..... [Big Grin]
I'm doing great now and only have one phone. I'll PM you my new number. I want to work all the bugs out then see what that thing will do. I went full roller with a custom ground Comp cam, added fresh ported GT40's, upgraded from a 65mm to 70mm throttle body, installed Bassani equal length headers and an electric fan..... the #8 piston being in tact makes the most power though. I'll also be adding my methanol kit and some more boost after checking the fuel system out.

--------------------

Abandon him.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bout time, I swear that thing had weeds growing in it. J/K. Cant wait to hear it whenever you do the heater core.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was "A" and "D" phone cause the secret one was mine!!!! He is back to a one phone kind of guy!!!

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Pro71bird
¯
Member # 7844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pro71bird  Ford pictures for Pro71bird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
After months I finally got my truck running again. I ended up using some parts from my other project and selling some stuff I didn't want plan on just to finish it but its running. I decided to go roller with the new motor and had huge setbacks with the engine I got but ended up buying a retro roller cam and getting it done. With all the porting and upgrades I made this thing should be a lot of fun, I can't wait to get a few miles on it and maybe a few runs too [Big Grin]

That's cool...... what color is your L ?

-

--------------------
George
1973 Camaro
2002 SVT Lightning

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by Pro71bird:
[QB] That's cool...... what color is your L ?

Its red.... all the fast ones are red! [Big Grin]
 -

-
 -

--------------------

Abandon him.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com