Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » HAWAII

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HAWAII
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so when the bes time to go an where is the best place to go.
this would be my first travel to somewhere else beside the west states,ca,or,wa,nv

thanx in advance JOHN

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well depends on what you're looking for. romantic? night life? quiet? nature?

for 1st timers, u cant lose with oahu as u have a mix of everything from tourism, city/night life and beaches all in one island. pretty much all parts of the year is nice to go to hawaii with it being cooler in december, which also is the most expensive time to go.

[ January 04, 2008, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if my wife gets here way its going to be sometime before march. that means if i sell anything u know where my money is going. it would be just the two of us going. she said she found something for like 5days for $500 buy one get one free an second person to pay taxes only. so air fair an hotel covered.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
feb is a good time to go. weather is not too hot.lots of sites to see on oahu, pearl harbor, diamond head. night life is on wiikiki but you want to check out the north shore also. the whole island is laid back and alot of fun. definatly want to rent a car and explore
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oahu is the "party island."

I'd check out Maui

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Black Pearl
¯
Member # 7677

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Pearl  Ford pictures for Black Pearl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oahu is fun. I used to live there right by diamond head. If you go to Oahu during the winter/early spring, its WAY better. For one, you can go to North Shore and see more than just flat water (In summer time "No waves BRADA!"). I'd recommend the Dole Pinapple fields (i know, sounds lame), its pretty cool, great tasting, and you can have some fun there, its a nice site to see. Theres also a day cruise that offered at the docks by Waikiki. You can go on the cruise and learn to hula, play the Ukalale, and some other cool stuff. And take in the joys of local food. I reccommend "Graces", little hole in the wall diner on Kae'e'amoku i believe, WONDERFUL food! All in all, Oahu is a good place to go if its your first trip there. And as far as renting a car, they can be hard to get around in sometimes. Scooters are a blast though. [Big Grin] Have fun and enjoy your trip! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
If ya can't find em, GRIND EM!

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been to Oahu and Kauai. Oahu is the tourist island. Although the North Shore is kinda cool. Kauai is nice. Lots of natural scenary and it is a lot more low key.

Just be sure to check the weather. The last two times I went it has been fucking rainy and kinda miserable.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go to cancun mex i think its better than hawaii

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maui around early March or late Feb would be good. It's whale season at that time too. You can see them breaching from the beach and from the plane too.
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oahu = Best nightlife, where to go if you want to party, but lots of tourists and crowds. Can get some good deals if you're going on a budget

Kauai = Best scenery, romantic, fewer crowds but nothing to do after the sun goes down, zero nightlife, not much of a "singles" place

Maui = Best mix of scenery and nightlife, but it's getting more and more crowded and I'd say it's probably the most expensive.

Big Island = Only if you've already been to the three above and want a change

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that deal kinda sounds like some timeshare fishing scheme. $500 for 2 including airfare is unbelievable.
if u want cancun, i can get a fat deal through my timeshar at the palace resorts..im actually in cozumel right now...freakin place is beautiful.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

OSH Zack
¯
Member # 7667

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSH Zack  Ford pictures for OSH Zack  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oahu is by far the best, if your just trying to do shit and have fun, I been there 3 times all rdy had the time of my life

--------------------
89 GT - $ = bitch's

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

thanx for all the replies. i'll let my wife pick since she wants to go so bad.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com