Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Which ATV to buy? Advice needed...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Which ATV to buy? Advice needed...
Midnight5.0
¯
Member # 597

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midnight5.0  Ford pictures for Midnight5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking into getting a new ATV (for pleasure not work). If you could pick the best thing out there, which make/model would you go with? I know next to nothing about them but I want something that is quality. Any advice would be great thanks!
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like Polaris.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yamaha YFZ450

--------------------
Av8er for life.....

Myspace is ghey!

Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stevo:
Yamaha YFZ450

yfz450 for the win..trust me..i have a 07 and it bad ass

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
quote:
Yamaha YFZ450

Cant go wrong with a YFZ 450 or also Banshee. Bad thing about Banshees they are 2 strokes

[ December 29, 2007, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: wickedstang ]

--------------------
04 mach1 BASSANI EXHAUST/C&L INTAKE
67STANG/CHP 347/BUILT C4/MOROSO DRAG SUSP.

Posts: 1581 | From: salinas831 | Registered: May 2007  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First question, what kind of pleasure? You like to hit the trails or ride track. Polaris is a killer trail rig. If you still like to get going and still do some trails. The Can-am Renegade 800 is sweet 4x4 quad that will pull the wheels up with ease! Or even the polaris scrambler is pretty fun. If you want more track like ATV the yamaha is sweet. I have been reading that the new KTM 525 is suppose to be just awesome.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a 2 wheeler, either a crf or yz. Alot more places to ride.
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
suzuki LTR450

hands down......the shit!!

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

bigscoop50
¯
Member # 7618

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigscoop50  Ford pictures for bigscoop50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
polaris predator 500!! i got the troy lee edition that thing is sick it has an upgraded tranny and full fox suspension bt if ide go with a different 1 i wuld get the yfz
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
quote:
Yamaha YFZ450

another vote for the yzf, bad ass quad

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
93LX342
¯
Member # 1793

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93LX342  Ford pictures for 93LX342    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 06 raptor 700 and the thing is great. In the sand mod for mod it stays with the yfz. It is way more comfortable on long rides has fuel injection. I installed lte dual exhaust,pro flow intake and a programer and made 50 rwhp 50 ft lbs toque. I've ridden around on my friends yfz's and they definately are great bikes but they arent as comfortable as my raptor. The trail performance of them isnt any better or worse then my bike. Right now from bay area motorsports u can get 07 raptor 700's for $5799 otd and 07 yfz 450's for $5699 otd.

--------------------
06 f250 superduty with some mods.
95 f250
www.unlimitedracing.com

444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It all depends on what kind of riding you are doing. If you want speed, you really cant go wrong with any of the 450's. IMO the best 450 made is the LT-R... but all of them are all really good quads. If you are looking for a 4 wheel drive ATV, I would go with the canam (bombardier or brp)... their quads are leaps and bounds ahead of polaris.
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you put them all side by side the LTR screams heavy duty and quality.....the power band on the LTR is insane....torque right off idle...and top end all the way up. and plus you open up the intake on those, take out the stock silencer, yosh "cherry bomb" mod and 100 octane youve got yourself 7rwhp....its a different machine....widest wheel base of them all.SS undertail, (looks sick)....you cant beat the LTR in any catagorey. its is truely a box stock racer.

the TRX feels like a 2 stroke power band...yuck!!

SUZUKI LTR!!! FTW!!!! [patriot]

[ December 29, 2007, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: RED@7kVERT *8850GT* ]

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
if you put them all side by side the LTR screams heavy duty and quality.....the power band on the LTR is insane....torque right off idle...and top end all the way up. and plus you open up the intake on those, take out the stock silencer, yosh "cherry bomb" mod and 100 octane youve got yourself 7rwhp....its a different machine....widest wheel base of them all.SS undertail, (looks sick)....you cant beat the LTR in any catagorey. its is truely a box stock racer.

Yeap i took off the air lid and pulled the silencer and got the cherry bomb. i smoke the the shit out of my buddys trx. and only cost 20 buck to do that mod. TH ltr hands down is the sickest, fastest!! but suspesion is a little stiff cause its setup up for track.
444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by poisonpony96:
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:

Yeap i took off the air lid and pulled the silencer and got the cherry bomb. i smoke the the shit out of my buddys trx. and only cost 20 buck to do that mod. TH ltr hands down is the sickest, fastest!! but suspesion is a little stiff cause its setup up for track.
exactly! fuel injection is so nice... plus you dont have to worry about jetting for altitude changes.
Termin8Him
¯
Member # 7895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Termin8Him  Ford pictures for Termin8Him    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 2005 Yamaha 660 raptor..and all i can say about it is.....YOOOHOOO!! ...you shoould take a look at the new 07 Raptor 700....

--------------------
-whippled termy
-07 silverado

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com