Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Kids made me cry this Xmas

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Kids made me cry this Xmas
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man, right when I think I have my kids all figured out they throw a curveball. Well my oldest son has a friend that has basically become a fammily friend. He has stayed with us a few times due to some issues he has at home. Well that kid had a terrible Xmas. His dad left him, but not before he put the kids mother in the hospital with a savage beating. Then sold all the kids stuff (gifts) for drugs (meth). Then unfortunately during all this the cops came and arrested his uncle (the only adult in the house) for having an outstanding warrant.

Well onto to what my kids did. They each of their own volition gave up one of their gifts to this kid and he spent Xmas with us. Individually they gave up gifts they wanted all year. A DS, A skateboard, Funkeys, DS Games, some Pokemon stuff. It made a tear come to my eye when they did it. I really didnt expect it. I mean they cooked this up by themselves and all wandered out with the gifts reworded to this kid. Doesnt sound like much but it touched my heart to see my kids be so self-less and sacrifice for others. I often wonder because I give my kids so much if I am spoiling them. But I think they know the true meaning of Xmas now. And for now the kid is staying with us. Very nice kid, just stuck in a bad situation.

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good job N8, it looks like you are raising some good kids.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N8 you should be proud! Stories like this no one ever wants to hear, but at least your family was their for the kid in his time of need.

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Becca
¯
Member # 7004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becca  Ford pictures for Becca  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Really sweet of them to come through for that poor child. You raised some great kids.

--------------------
Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner!

'00 Silverado 1500 LT
'91 Mustang GT

Posts: 111 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
kids typically learns from an axample,mostly from
there parents.it just shows how good you and your wife raising your kids.good job man and mery xmas to you and your family.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just realized the title made me seem soft as baby shit...lol.

But yea this was by far the highlight of my Christmas seeing my kids do this. And the simple fact they did it collectively was amazing. I can't get them to agree on anything. This kid really deserves more than what he has been getting and I am glad the Lord put me in his path. Hopefully I can help him out. I have no problem bringing this kid in and raising him as my own.

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow there needs to be more guys like you out there the world would be a better place good job raising your kids and the other boy [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tinner:
Good job N8, it looks like you are raising some good kids.

x100 You raised some very noble kids there. You've set a very good example. Props to you. [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
wow there needs to be more guys like you out there the world would be a better place good job raising your kids and the other boy [worship] [patriot]

+1

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] IF YOUR KIDS DID THAT ALL ON THEIR OWN YOU CAN REST ASSURE YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB RAISING THEM..ITS OKAY TO SPOIL KIDS MY PARENTS DID BUT ALSO TEACH THEM ABOUT LIFE AND BEING GOOD PEOPLE I GOT A LOT BUT APPRECIATED EVERYTHING I GOT SO ITS OKAY TO SPOIL BUT STILL TEACH AND LOVE [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would you mind babysitting my 2 kids for a few years? They are kinda bratty at ages 9 and 2 so they could use a lil shaping up. My youngest one looks like his mom.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Would you mind babysitting my 2 kids for a few years? They are kinda bratty at ages 9 and 2 so they could use a lil shaping up. My youngest one looks like his mom.

Bring em, thru. But I am a firm believer in "Spare the rod spoil the child"....lol. My kids aren't saints either but I stay on their asses.
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:

x923774646282!

If at least half the kids these days nowadays were like that...

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
poor kid, that is sad to hear, but all in all didnt turn out too bad for him thanks to u and ur family. there are some good people out there and seems like u and ur fam are some of few. [patriot]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

thanks guys/gals.
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
N8 you should be proud! Stories like this no one ever wants to hear, but at least your family was their for the kid in his time of need.

ahmen to that n8 you should be really proud, sounds like your raisin some good kids

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Termin8Him
¯
Member # 7895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Termin8Him  Ford pictures for Termin8Him    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oooo boo hoo....so moving...haha jp...i dont have kids yet buy i know my sisters kids wouldn't do that for a friend.good job raising your kids. hopefully when i have some ill raise them with good morals like yours

--------------------
-whippled termy
-07 silverado

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com