Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Help Save a mans Best Freind

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Help Save a mans Best Freind
2NSANE
¯
Member # 2644

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2NSANE  Ford pictures for 2NSANE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Guy's one of my freinds Pup Lucy is on Deathrow in Sunnyvale for a incident that was not just. She is a super mellow pup and does not deserve to die for her Crime. If you have it in you please sign the petetion to save her.

thanks

Dan.

http://www.petitiononline.com/Lucy/petition.html

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What breed is Lucy?

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As an owner of several chihuahuas I feel for the victim having lost their chihuahua, however, as a DOG owner I feel for both parties.

I will admint that chihuahuas have the hearts of lions, but they just lack the size and are generally very very aggressive.

Therefore, I keep my chihuahua on a leash when in public and away from other dogs as he is very very animal aggressive, when it comes to any animal larger than him (or human for that matter). It is my responsibility to keep him on a leash and put away (confined) when I have company (at my private property).

I will sign the petition as the dog does not deserve to die, but neither did that chihuahua.

Please dictate to your friend his role and responsiblities as a dog owner. Especially an animal aggressive dog. Thank you.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
2NSANE
¯
Member # 2644

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2NSANE  Ford pictures for 2NSANE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lucy's story
http://www.freewebs.com/freelucy/

On July 30th, Ian Young received the call that turned his world upside down. His dog Lucy had escaped his home and allegedly got into a fight with another dog. The other dog, being a small Chihuahua, lost the battle.

Despite a long history of aggravation and provocation from the Chihuahua not only to Lucy, but to Mr. Young, his son and partner of seven years, Desiree Hedberg, the city of Sunnyvale and the courts of Santa Clara decided that simply ordering Lucy out of the city or declaring her a potentially dangerous dog was not enough.

Lucy has been ordered killed after three appeals.

Lucy has been part of the Young family for six years, and has worked closely with many dogs from foster associations around the bay area, helping shelter dogs to be socialized. She is a doting mother-dog to their 2-year old son Liam and an integral part of the family.

Under California Law, Lucy would be considered a potentially dangerous dog - she would be free to live, but with restrictions such as having to carry supplemental insurance, and muzzling in public. There are many other options for Lucy other than death. In fact, under the Sunnyvale Municipal Code, Lucy could have been ordered back home with restrictions, or ordered out of the city.

Traditionally, this has what has always been done on a “first offense,” especially given the fact that she was provoked and poses no threat to humans or other animals.

Despite this being her first offense, the city of Sunnyvale is adamant that she is so dangerous, that she must die.

Even the City's own animal behaviorist had said in her own report, that Lucy is a very friendly, well-socialized dog. The Young's behaviorist gave Lucy a 0 out of 10 for human aggression and even represented them for free in court; such was the strength of her convictions.

During one of the motions in Superior Court, even the Judge stated, "I would love to keep Lucy alive by ordering her out of the city." Despite his discretion to do so, he ultimately caved to the pressure of the city.

Lucy has made such an impact on the lives of those around her, that she has friends on the Sunnyvale Chamber of Commerce asking for leniency, over 25 sworn declarations attesting to her good nature, the two lawyers that Young hired are now representing them pro-bono, such is the strength of feeling that Lucy has evoked in all who know her.

Lucy has been impounded since the incident at the Santa Clara Humane Society.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would like to know more about the situation. What kind of dog was Lucy? How far away from your home did the attack take place? How did the dog get out? How many times has the dog got out? Did Lucy go into someone else's yard to get to the chihuahua? I feel for Lucy. But feel for the other owner as well. The story seems a little too skimmed over for me to sign the petition.
87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it looks like a pit bull

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Our city may have a low reported crime rate, but Sunnyvale is super scandalous! Makes me glad I have a Labrador who would never hurt anything.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I would like to know more about the situation. What kind of dog was Lucy? How far away from your home did the attack take place? How did the dog get out? How many times has the dog got out? Did Lucy go into someone else's yard to get to the chihuahua? I feel for Lucy. But feel for the other owner as well. The story seems a little too skimmed over for me to sign the petition.

The chihuahua had attack Lucy and people in the past, here's more from Lucy's owner.
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222924

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228289

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i signed it hope things work out that is someones family member and dogs are gonna fight and i those lil dogs are always starting stuff if no one died and a person wasnt hurt then no reason the dog should die maybe pay that persons vet bills or whatever call it day...hope things work out with their dog [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i feel for lucy's owners. i own 2 pitbulls. and have 2 labradors next door that anytime me my family or my dogs go outside. they attack the fence bitting barking scratching it. my dogs never try to attack them or the fence. but what happens when the labs get threw the fence and get killed/attacked by my dog? then my dog gets put down? i know the looks and attude i get for even saying i have pittbulls. so as a owner of 2 i have to go over and beyond the call of duty, just to show people not all pitts are evil and beyond saving. seems to me both party's are responsably.
but in no way should lucy be put down. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

porchstang
¯
Member # 7937

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for porchstang  Ford pictures for porchstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I signed the petetion. I hope everything works out for lucy I love pit bulls.
Posts: 114 | From: Bakersfield | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
with all the shit today I lock my dog up even if the pizza guy is coming over. And my dog is just a min pin cocker mix. But he nipped at a little girl once, so ever since then he can only be around select people and select kids.
2NSANE
¯
Member # 2644

Thanks guy's for helping out. I means the world to Ian.

Dan.

RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RioredGT  Ford pictures for RioredGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wanted to sign the petition but it's no longer up [Confused]
2NSANE
¯
Member # 2644

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 2NSANE  Ford pictures for 2NSANE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.petitiononline.com/Lucy/petition.html
porchstang
¯
Member # 7937

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for porchstang  Ford pictures for porchstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lets us know what happens with Lucy!
Posts: 114 | From: Bakersfield | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
2NSANE
¯
Member # 2644

the Judge would not budge on his order and Lucy was put to sleep today. Please Pray for Ian and family.
[*]http://www.freewebs.com/freelucy/Liam%20and%20Lucy%20001.jpg

Becca
¯
Member # 7004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becca  Ford pictures for Becca  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm so sorry to hear that. [Frown]

--------------------
Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner!

'00 Silverado 1500 LT
'91 Mustang GT

Posts: 111 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com