Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New to Forum

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New to Forum
MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAXPSI  Ford pictures for MAXPSI    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I found this place the other day when I was looking for a local Mustang Club to join up with. I've been crusing around and reading other posts and so far really enjoy coming here to hang out.

I live in Chico and am currently driving an 06 GT with a single turbo. I've only been to the track (Reding) one time since I got it installed and ran 12.45 @ 116. Same time a I ran with a 75 shot but with a higher trap. A slipping clutch is getting remedied at the end of this month along with a new diff and gears.

Here's a pick of my car, hopefully the image shows up.

-

[ December 16, 2007, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: MAXPSI ]

--------------------
quote:
Just your average turbo'd Mustang 530 rwhp 550 rwtq

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
welcome! nice car and times, im sure u can break 11's next time around [patriot]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
welcome, nice ride
Termin8Him
¯
Member # 7895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Termin8Him  Ford pictures for Termin8Him    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
welcome to the forum....cool car [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
-whippled termy
-07 silverado

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look's like a nice steup. Welcome to the forum's! Post up in the drag racing section if You ever make it out to sac or infeneon. Good times fro your 1st time to the strip. care to share any dyno #'s?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome and nice car. I've ran a best of 12.70 @ 105 in my N/A 06GT. Look forward to seeing you at the track!

[ December 17, 2007, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw your car at full throttle on the Dyno. I was talking to the guy with the yellow blown sand rail. I saw your car run again at the track. nice car. Hope to see you at the redding drags next summer lots of mustangs.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
chico!  -
MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAXPSI  Ford pictures for MAXPSI    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My Dyno #s are wrong for now. It was the first day he had the dyno installed and it put down 383 hp and 411 tq. He called me a few weeks later and told me there were some parameters that were out of wack so I'm supposed to go back and get it worked on/re dynoed. The tune is a little off in the upper RPMS, it kind of looses power when it should be making big power. However, that could have been dyno error so when I get the clutch taken care of this month and it's broke in, we'll do it again. Im planning some data logging to send out to get it fined tuned.

#s were from a Mustang dyno

[ December 17, 2007, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: MAXPSI ]

--------------------
quote:

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Welcome and nice car. I've ran a best of 12.70 @ 105 in my N/A 06GT. Look forward to seeing you at the track!

I never ran much N/A. I would do a pre run on my N20 tune and then go from there. My best on the N20 tune, running N/A was 12.9 at 105.5. My best with the 75 shot was 12.46 @ 111.25. I'm trapping much higher now (116+) so I know 11's are next.

I usually race in Redding but occasionally make it down to Sac. I would like to race in January when I'm there, but I think I'm waiting for my next round of mods to be done with before I go again.

--------------------
quote:

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome to the Board [Big Grin]

Thats one badass car!!!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome to CAFords!....

Good lookin' car any engine pics?...How much PSI are you running with the turbo?...

Good luck with your #'s in the future...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

I have a GReddy ProSpec Boost Controler with a 5 lbs spring in the waste gate. On low boost it actually makes 6.3 lbs, high is set at 9.4.

Ask and you shall receive.

Here's the engine.
 -

Here's the intercooler.

-

The turbo, waste gate and piping.

-

My unpaid model

-

--------------------
quote:

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice clean setup. May I ask what kit you went with, cost and ease of installation?

Thanks,

Don

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
welcome [burnout]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like an STS kit.

Welcome BTW

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

quote:
Originally posted by vpr_klr:
Looks like an STS kit.

Welcome BTW

You are CORRECT! There are alot of people who really dislike/poo poo or plain don't know about the kit. Until you ride in a car equiped with the STS kit and or watch one at the track, give it a chance. People who know turbos know there are some things about the kit that are traditionally undesireable. But with modern technology and poper tuning it runs awesome.

It really is fairly easy to install(per the installer, easier than other turbo kits). Full Throttle in Reding, CA did the install and I was/am very pleased with it. The two guys that run the place will not let something leave their shop if they aren't happy with it. Without asking, they did some things to the system to make it work better and appear better. They charged for it ofcourse, but when you spend several thousand $$ to get a fast car with little to no maintance it's worth it. Pride in owner ship is long forgotten after the price is paid.

The kit comes with jet hot coated piping, intercooler, second oil pump, 60 mm turbo and all the supporting stuff. After purchase of the kit they charged me 10 hours of labor for the turbo and another 5 for all the gauges I added, boost controler, shift light and Wide band.

Here's my virgin run with the turbo. Street legal night at Redding. No track prep (per the owner so 60's were in the 1.90 range).

First time to the track with the turbo.

--------------------
quote:

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they may not of prepped for your first run but they prep the track at street night events. The track is way loose when they don't. On your second pass before you ran there is a white 4 door nova running. He is a good friend of mine it has run a best of 10.6 [Eek!] nice passes

[ December 18, 2007, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
they may not of prepped for your first run but they prep the track at street night events. The track is way loose when they don't. On your second pass before you ran there is a white 4 door nova running. He is a good friend of mine it has run a best of 10.6 [Eek!] nice passes

The new owner, Bob Lidell, and I had a conversation after I was done for the night. He had borrowed a tool from me and I was retreiving it from him. He told me on "Street Legal" nights they won't spray the track due to a lack of money. He said he's working on trying get it to where they prep it the same as they do for bracket racing, but that's a ways off.

I'm looking forward to Kool April Nites. I should have my new mods done and be ready for 11's.

--------------------
quote:

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

He is going to fuck it all up again. That was a big issue last year the street legals went way down in car count. The club finaly decided to spray the track and the fast cars came back. street legals suck when you only have slow cars. BTW I know who the new owner is lol I have been racing mustangs at the redding track since 1985..Good luck on the 11's once you get there. I just sent Bob a e-mail I am going to try and get this issue handled before next year.

OK I just got back a e-mail from Bob Lidell he told me they are going to continue Track prep on street legals. They just are not going to spray the entire track like they do at the brackets. Whew you had me worried on that one..

[ December 18, 2007, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
He is going to fuck it all up again. That was a big issue last year the street legals went way down in car count. The club finaly decided to spray the track and the fast cars came back. street legals suck when you only have slow cars. BTW I know who the new owner is lol I have been racing mustangs at the redding track since 1985..Good luck on the 11's once you get there. I just sent Bob a e-mail I am going to try and get this issue handled before next year.

OK I just got back a e-mail from Bob Lidell he told me they are going to continue Track prep on street legals. They just are not going to spray the entire track like they do at the brackets. Whew you had me worried on that one..

That's great!

You're right about the track quality. If the track is continually crappy at street legal, guys won't go down to run. They will wait and go to Sac or do TNT on bracket days. I would be happy paying twice as much to race on Street Legal if it meant better track prep. If word got around about the better conditions, Redding would get a better rep.

--------------------
quote:

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

there are a few guy's from chico that come up and race all the time. Do you know todd with the little red coupe?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

MAXPSI
¯
Member # 8093

I met an older guy, I think in his 60's, about a year ago at Redding. He had an early 90's hatchback that he trailered there. He did the bracket racing and I used his air tank to fill up my tires before I left. I don't recall his name...

I was actually born/raised in Redding, just happen to be in Chico for the time being.

[ December 19, 2007, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: MAXPSI ]

--------------------
quote:

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome! [patriot]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com