Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone here give estimates

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone here give estimates
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Direct TV came to my house to hook up a new box. The two guys were idiots to say the least. They drilled an extra hole in my floor for no reason, they somehow disconnected my internet line under the house they actaully dropped the entire shelf the box sits on and on the same shelf was my home stereo system, in their lame attempts to hook eveything up the gouged my entertianment center. Then left.

The stereo system had to be replaced they broke it, all it will do is power on. CD's dont work vhs doesn't work, radio doesn't work not even static sound or volume. I had to crawl under the house after they left to hook up my dsl line again and I had to buy a cap for the hole in the fuckin floor. The entertainment center was $500 two years ago and the marks are on the front.

I've had to open a claim but they require photos wich it easy but they also want a professional estimate of damages. How the fuck do I do that? I'm not paying for that. Plus the old stereo is boxed up because we couldn't wait for their forms to come in the mail for the claim took 3 weeks for that.

soooooooooooooo any suggestions?

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like you will have to go to a few diff places for estimates. Maybe the manufacturer or licensed repair shop for the manufacturer for your stereo. Floor folks for the floor. Maybe a cabinet maker or best buy for you cabinet. Plus you should have took pictures the moment of. being you took everything down you may have created a little out for them. They can say you did it. They didnt send someone out immediately to inspect for themselves? Seems they would have. Anyway good luck. I hope you get em. Some of the installers they send out are asses.
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They kept telling me they were going to send someone. I called about 1 hour after they left. I was going to let EVERYTHING slide until I found that the stereo was fucked up. I'll hire estimaters then fuckit....and have direct tv pay for that too. Fuckin bitches.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah they're bitches for hiring incompetent workers and/or subcontractors. i switched to comcast and needless to say, the installeres did a half-ass job drilling holes in walls w/out putting coverplates, sealing holes and left cable dangling off my room w/out fastening. i ended up fixing it myself as i didnt want to deal with them or have the idiots return to do more damage.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get rid of that damn Directv and get Dish! I'm a tech for them and have gift cards at my disposal! I am not a contractor at all, just a loyal employee! Let me know if you need the cert #!

--------------------
Av8er for life.....

Myspace is ghey!

Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by Stevo:
Get rid of that damn Directv and get Dish! I'm a tech for them and have gift cards at my disposal! I am not a contractor at all, just a loyal employee! Let me know if you need the cert #!

we actaully just dropped dish cause the reception was so shitty and they would never come out to fix it. They also charged us for another box cause the one they installed broke after 3 weeks. Said it was the hard drive. Direct TV sucks ass too...no one is good in my book. As for direct tv...I just went to the BBB and called it a day.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com