Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sharing some PICS of a friends Lexus IS300

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sharing some PICS of a friends Lexus IS300
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My buddy just got new rims for his Lexus so I went out to take some pics for him..The wheels are work Eurolines 18x10.5 in the rear and 18x9.5 in front..I really liked how a lot of these pics had came out, so once again I thought it would be nice to share. I'm sure the car doesn't fit a few of your taste...But of course as always, your opinions or comments are welcome [patriot]
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i like the rims and the car.. but boy are those tires stretched on the rims! should raise it a little and put a proper tire on..
haha, just noticed the sticker.. Shocker FTW!!haha..

[ December 10, 2007, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: 93ReefBlue5.0 ]

Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not bad, Not riced out or anything ,the only thing I don't like is the rims sticking out past the sidewall in the last pics. GO TEAM SHOCKER lol (anyone else catch the sticker in the front windshield)
Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, he needs to get the correct tires on that car. Or else stay very very very far away from the curb.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Damn, he needs to get the correct tires on that car. Or else stay very very very far away from the curb.

Thanks for the comments guys. I know it's difficult thing to understand but the poked rims stretched tire look is more ofa Euro car style, and also a Japanese "VIP" look right now. It may look rediculous at first, but it grew on me. I hang out with a whole crew of EURO cars my brother is with and they all got the same thing going on, I wouldn't ever do it to my coupe but that style fits there cars and gets them consistent magazine coverage and over 50 show trophies. It's a style that only works for few cars IMO [patriot]

But thanks again for the comments [burnout]

[ December 10, 2007, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: J24I ]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

For example (if anyone cares for more), here's the cars from the car crew I kick it with. Some random pics I had taken in the past
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
[IMG]

and some pics of my brothers golf
 -
[IMG] http://a212.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/76/l_248761ec4075d5909f91ceeb5c6a60e3.jpg [/IMG]

Before you go off saying it's dumb for the lack of tire performance, or why do these fwd cars have big rims in the back!...Trust me I know..Half of these cars arent even near 200whp and don't even race. For them its more about show, and I guess and the wide rim in the rear thing is whats works for the car. [patriot] Hope this explains a little

[ December 10, 2007, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: J24I ]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What where you metering from? I have a hard time shooting a white car because it'll look a different shade of white if you don't get it perfect every time. But cool shots!
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the wheels, I miss my old Work wheels, your buddy's Lexus reminds me of the late 80s with all the lowered mini trucks with the wheels sticking out.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here are pics of my BMW with Deep Dish wheels without them sticking out

-

-

-

-

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
Here are pics of my BMW with Deep Dish wheels without them sticking out

-

-

-

-

Very clean Bimmer...not all of them have there wheels sticking out. Some dig the style and some dont. My girlfriends bimmer I bought wheels for of course doesnt stick out but it sure is tucked in the rear..The point I'm making isn't to say it's better or anything, just trying to explain why it looks like that..It basically comes down to ones personal preference. Some want to run the widest rim and deepest dish possible with the most safely stretched tire, giving it that as to what I see it as "toy" car look. For example that blue/purple Audi in the pic above is running a 18x12 in the rear, but it sure wouldnt fit with a proper flush sidewall.

Racrix what size rims are on your bimmer?!? Because they look huge!

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
What where you metering from? I have a hard time shooting a white car because it'll look a different shade of white if you don't get it perfect every time. But cool shots!

It's always a problem for me as well. White never comes out the same after any photo in all the pics of my coupe. Most the shots were at a 8.0F with around 2.0 - 3.5 shutter. There was minor editing in these pics, fading effects and very little color editing. [patriot]

[ December 10, 2007, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: J24I ]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

I am running 22x11 with a 5 inch lip in the rear and 22x9.5 in the fronts, I wish I could run a bigger tire in the rear, they just dont make one, that 295/25/22 tire scares me!

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
I am running 22x11 with a 5 inch lip in the rear and 22x9.5 in the fronts, I wish I could run a bigger tire in the rear, they just dont make one, that 295/25/22 tire scares me!

I had to mount that exact same size on a white bimmer just like yours when I was at Americas tire..When I seen the 25 series tire sidewall, I tried to get out of mounting it because I knew it would be a pain in the ass..Turns out it was a pain..Took 4 pry bars and 3 of us to mount it..even to air them up took forever, the bead just didnt want to seal..It may have been the cheap brand 22's with the whack design drop center that made it so difficult though.

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by J24I:
For example (if anyone cares for more), here's the cars from the car crew I kick it with. Some random pics I had taken in the past
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
[IMG]

and some pics of my brothers golf
 -
[IMG] http://a212.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/76/l_248761ec4075d5909f91ceeb5c6a60e3.jpg [/IMG]

Before you go off saying it's dumb for the lack of tire performance, or why do these fwd cars have big rims in the back!...Trust me I know..Half of these cars arent even near 200whp and don't even race. For them its more about show, and I guess and the wide rim in the rear thing is whats works for the car. [patriot] Hope this explains a little

could i join the crew

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man I HATE the vip look!!! YUKKKK!!!! I think the best part about the pictures is the pictures themselves not the cars. The photography is great but the cars........BLAH!!!!!!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
car looks cool with those rims but my first reaction was "Thats not a lexus thats some souped up honda"
Doesn't look like any lexus i've ever seen, must be a brand new bodystyle?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All those cars are sick... Positive offset FTW, but not on mustangs...

--------------------
13 Focus ST
01 Bullitt - Sold

Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
00SLVRGT
¯
Member # 4509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00SLVRGT  Ford pictures for 00SLVRGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats a clean ass car...

--------------------
2000 GT Silver... SOLD
94 Cobra... SOLD
02 Foush, work in progress

Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
car looks cool with those rims but my first reaction was "Thats not a lexus thats some souped up honda"
Doesn't look like any lexus i've ever seen, must be a brand new bodystyle?

The IS300 has been around for a few years now. Can't remember when they came out.

--------------------
Av8er for life.....

Myspace is ghey!

Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That looks like dog $#!* to me,but its not my car so as long as they like it.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe its just a different style, but MAN, that offset/tire size looks completely silly to me.

Those are nice cars. Get some correct offset wheels and some wider tires and you are set [patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
reminds me of lowriders with wire wheels

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your homeys Lexo looks clean...I dig the stretched tire look on those type of cars, just not on Stangs....I dont care what anyone says, ALL those cars look sick IMO!!!

especially this one...

-

This one is nice too, but Im not feelin the way that rear quarterpanel is all mangled..looks like a bad attempt at a fender flare?? other than that the car is sick...

-

[ December 11, 2007, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: EPIKMACH ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com