Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I HATE XBOX 360!!!!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: I HATE XBOX 360!!!!!
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm on my 3rd console already and I just got the three red lights of death again!!!!!!! WTF gives?! I don't even play the damn thing that much. Has anyone else had this many problems with there 360's? [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Blame it on the design team! The thing overheats like mad. I know a few guys that stick a huge fan to it and another who actually watercooled the damn thing.
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my brother gave me his old one that had the same problem,so when they started to recall them i sent it back to get fixed and they sent me a new one.havent had a problem since i got it in july,but then again i dont play it much.maybe 1 or twice a week.

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i don't hate it, but .. i'm pissed at myself. the thing clearly says to NOT have a cd playing while moving the unit from upright position to flat or viceversa. Well, stupid old me decided that it would be a good idea to do it since nothing would probably happen. WRONG
Well.. the damn cd bounced so much inside that it scratched the game. now i have to go out and buy another guitar hero Game [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
=(

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
i don't hate it, but .. i'm pissed at myself. the thing clearly says to NOT have a cd playing while moving the unit from upright position to flat or viceversa. Well, stupid old me decided that it would be a good idea to do it since nothing would probably happen. WRONG
Well.. the damn cd bounced so much inside that it scratched the game. now i have to go out and buy another guitar hero Game [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

that's just gods way of telling you to not play that horribly trendy gay game [Big Grin]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I only use this POS about every other week! With the shop up and going like it is there just isn't any time. But when all I want is to drink a few beers, relax and make Tiger hit a few balls I want the Microcrap POS to work!!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Like I said, this is my 3rd console. I had the last one sent in on the recall and replaced. What it boils down to is, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SEND IN MY $400 GAME CONSOLE EVERY 6 MONTHS TO BE REPLACED!!!!!

Someone on here mentioned a few months ago that Microsoft should just stick to screwing up computers, I'm about ready to agree!

--------------------
AED

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:

that's just gods way of telling you to not play that horribly trendy gay game [Big Grin]
ha ha, have you played that game? it's really quite something. I just started learning the guitar and although it's NOTHIng like the real thing, it kinda helps my little fingers.

--------------------
=(

burnout50
¯
Member # 6781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnout50  Ford pictures for burnout50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
I'm on my 3rd console already and I just got the three red lights of death again!!!!!!! WTF gives?! I don't even play the damn thing that much. Has anyone else had this many problems with there 360's? [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

My solution to this is, switch to PS3 lol I've owned 2 360s already.

--------------------
SOLD! Clean '91 LX Hatch Original

Daily Driver - 2014 Mustang GT w/ Track Package

Posts: 220 | From: SF, Antioch, Rio Vista, Bay Area | Registered: May 2006  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by BURNOUT50:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:

My solution to this is, switch to PS3 lol I've owned 2 360s already.
The only prob with PS3 is there is no Halo3. [Mad]

--------------------
AED

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there are ways to fix it your self..

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive got the halo 3 edition 360 (yes i paid more) and ive played the fucker for numerous hours straight, days straight with no issue... only slight concern is sometimes ill turn it off and the fan remains on for a bit and ill have to start the unit then turn off again to have it shut off.... i love my 360 [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTSLN97  Ford pictures for GTSLN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get the elite. only 50 bucks more. i have no problems and i hear it has a newer chip or something
Ghoust
¯
Member # 1289

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghoust  Ford pictures for Ghoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am on my 4th. I ended up buying a new system and making sure that I got the store warranty through best buy so if I flash the red rings, i walk it over to the local best buy and walk out with a new 360. This is one thing that store warrantys are starting to hate.

--------------------
03 Cobra 12.6 at 115mph

Posts: 76 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great. I was reading the other related thread of PS3 vs. Xbox360 and I was going to pick up a Xbox sometime this winter. 50resto had a deal going where you get a $20 gift certificate to every $100 you buy, and I think I racked up enough to get a console. Anybody know if Walmart offers a store warranty like bestbuy does?

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GTSLN97:
get the elite. only 50 bucks more. i have no problems and i hear it has a newer chip or something

It isnt a new chip, they put larger fans in there(cooling was the original problem). i think the same qc team that worked on windows 98 was working on the 360s lol

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Havent had issues with my new one yet. I agree that its a pain in the arse and MS rushed the 360. But they take care of it for free and have extended the warranty period as well as added a warranty to you returned box. Just send it in. I still have my original xbox that has lasted through many marathon sessions, so it sucks that MS gets a black eye for the 360. Huge drop in quality. But the games are just so lovely. PS3 sucks right now. I havent turned mine on in months now.
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FWIW... I have an original launch 360.... I have left this thing on for weeks on end, traveled with it... not a single issue.

Question... to those that have had them fail... were they standing upright, or on the side? Was the power brick laying on the carpet? Did both the 360 and brick have adequate ventilation?

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My first one was solely my fault. I had it in my entertainment cabinet on top of my surround sound amp...lol. Didnt think twice about since my original xbox was there for years. Now my new one is outside of it laying on its side.

Alot of failures were due to NRTFM. But who knew these things were so fragile.

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IT seems like a quality control issue. Some 360's are fine after numerous hours of play, some as you stated will give you the rings of death even if you hardly play it.

I myself bought a 360 @ Best Buy when it first launched w/ a warranty. My first system ended up giving me the 3 rings of death in little under a year, this was with me hardly playing it all. I was a little pissed, but I walked into best buy and exchanged it for a new one. Around 6 months down the road I get the rings of death again. So I go to Best Buy again and exchange it again. The only catch, which they never explained to me before I bought the warranty, was that this was the last time I could exchange it as I had already exchange it twice. Shit its not my fault I got faulty systems from Microsoft. At that point I just thought that MS Released more faulty systems than good ones. [Mad]

With all the negative issues I was encountering I never once thought, "fuck this I'm getting a PS3 instead". My main issue was with Microsoft in regrads to there quality control. Being a Multi-BILLION dollar company one would assume that their QA dept is top notch, especially for a world renowned gaming system, WRONG! While the 360 is still the best system I've ever played in my life I dont like worrying about when it is going to break down, but I'm glad that MS has offered to fix any 360's that have this problem.

I will state that my 3rd X-Box 360 has been problem free and more used that my last 2 360's put together. I used it every day for hours on end. Wether it be for Music, DVds, or gaming. I think I finally got one from the good batch. Yes my 360's have given me a few headaches, but that certainly doesn't mean I'm going to stop playing it. It is hands down the best gaming system I've ever played not in regards to the build but in regards to their graphic interface and game selection. I also just recetly bought another 360 as well, but this time I got the elite.

Get it fixed you'll be glad you did. There's is also a guy on craigslist who fixes the ring of death issues all the time. Just do a search under electronics and type in "xbox 360 mod". Heres one

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/491833090.html

Pretty good deal for only $40 [patriot]

[ November 28, 2007, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow i never knew picking them up was an issue. a 360 wouldnt last a day with me, ive accidently dropped my Wii multiple times lol. still works like a champ though! oh and anyone who is shocked that microsoft has a quality control issue must have been living under a rock for the past 13 years
1Fast92FiveOh
¯
Member # 7477

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Fast92FiveOh  Ford pictures for 1Fast92FiveOh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just get a disk doctor when you scratch the shit out of them. That's what I did and it works fine now
Posts: 48 | From: Pleasanton, Ca | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
FWIW... I have an original launch 360.... I have left this thing on for weeks on end, traveled with it... not a single issue.

Question... to those that have had them fail... were they standing upright, or on the side? Was the power brick laying on the carpet? Did both the 360 and brick have adequate ventilation?

Mine has always been up and the power brick on the floor (carpet).

[ November 28, 2007, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i use an intercooler fan on mine and use keyboard duster on it once a month.ive had mine since the first day it was released and use it at least 15+ hrs a week.ive never had 1 problem.i also have a ps3 and a wii and the 360 gets at least triple the play time than both of them combined.
Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:

Mine has always been up and the power brick on the floor (carpet).
Personally... I would NEVER have any electronic component on the carpet... cooling is key

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like mine. I had a power brick problem but they took it back and gave me a new one. As soon as I heard about them having cooling issues I went and got one of those cooling fan set-ups for the back of them. No three rings for me.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com