Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New Nissan GT-R

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New Nissan GT-R
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Probably a repost but thought id put it up anyway.09' Nissan GT-R,473 HP twin turbocharged 3.8 liter v-6.All wheel drive,0-60 in 3.4 seconds.Top speed around 200mph.Not about to buy a Nissan,like i could afford it,but still pretty cool.

-

[ November 17, 2007, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they say it will run 11.7 stock

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd buy it. It's just too bad that they toned down the front end styling a bit for the production car. With that kind of power and all wheel drive, I don't doubt the 11.7 quarter.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
GreyLX
¯
Member # 5601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyLX  Ford pictures for GreyLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm betting the US market will never see it.

[Frown]

We'll get some watered down Infiniti G35.

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People have already ordered some here.So theyll be here.Might not see many though.
Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wonder how much it would cost to own one
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0 5speed:

The MSRP will be right around $85,000 but you'll never buy one for anything close to that. My guess would be somewhere right around 6 figures or so intially. The car will be arriving in June 2008 with 480hp and 434lb/ft of torque and a tight (but usable) back seat. The car should've been produced with a 6 speed manual and not the damn automated manual that it's got.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

850 Turb0
¯
Member # 6478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 850 Turb0  Ford pictures for 850 Turb0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you imagine the idiots that will get these second hand in a decade?

--------------------
It's just cheese.

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:

The MSRP will be right around $85,000 but you'll never buy one for anything close to that. My guess would be somewhere right around 6 figures or so intially. The car will be arriving in June 2008 with 480hp and 434lb/ft of torque and a tight (but usable) back seat. The car should've been produced with a 6 speed manual and not the damn automated manual that it's got.
Their are alot better looking cars to get for 85k to 100k....
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:
quote:

Their are alot better looking cars to get for 85k to 100k....
That depends on your preferences. Looks aside, it's tough to get that kind of performance in that price range with 4 usable seats.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
[QUOTE] The car should've been produced with a 6 speed manual and not the damn automated manual that it's got.

So does it have a torque converter or a clutch with a sequential manual?....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it kinda looks like an audi TT and a hyundai tiburon had a love child. not really a fan but i bet its fun to drive

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll believe it when I see it. But I sure hope it makes it here. Bad ass ride for sure!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
quote:
[QUOTE] The car should've been produced with a 6 speed manual and not the damn automated manual that it's got.

So does it have a torque converter or a clutch with a sequential manual?....
It's a sequential manual.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got out of class and it will be here for sure. The sequential 6 speed is from what the reps say not going to be the but it will be a 6 speed manual. We'll see when it gets here. It sucks I won't be Nissan/infiniti Master by then or i would get to test it at the track for new model training.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

1Fast92FiveOh
¯
Member # 7477

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Fast92FiveOh  Ford pictures for 1Fast92FiveOh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work at a Nissan Dealership and it is scheduled to be here in June. We already have our first one spoken for. They say that only 800-1500 will be made. Sticker will be 72-85k and we're marking them up for $25,000.00.

The car is going to have three modes....Regular, Snow, & a Performance mode. No 6 speeds are scheduled to be available and the top of the line version has been said to free up 2-300 lbs.

Of course this is all hearsay and if you want one PM me I'll see what I can do for you =D

Posts: 48 | From: Pleasanton, Ca | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com