Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » some dealership parts dept are just dumb

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: some dealership parts dept are just dumb
spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im trying to get some 4.10 gears, and the guy up here tells me they dont exist, ford doesnt make them. I didnt feel like arguing with him, so I went home and looked up the part #. I called back and asked them to just locate the part number, to try and make it easy as possible for this guy.

after a long period of silence he asks what car, and when I said mustang 4.10 gears, he says "man i already told you ford doesn't make 4.10s,only 3.27 and 3.55. you have to get aftermarket ones." [Roll Eyes] this experience, coupled with other times I have been there for warranty work, leads me to the conclusion that this dealership is just retarded.

I think im going to take the empty box and just walk in there and set it on the counter and leave without saying a word. [Mad]

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ford RACING is not ford parts.

most dealers do NOT carry ford RACING parts.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
GreyLX
¯
Member # 5601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyLX  Ford pictures for GreyLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why would you try to get anything performance related at a dealership anyways?

Here is the only link you need bro:

http://www.summitracing.com/

Order it before 2 or 3 pm and have it the next working day.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
93GT DSS331 incon800tti

Hozr
¯
Member # 6196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hozr  Ford pictures for Hozr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mmm, wittmeyer. Aholes sold me a bad solenoid for my wifes car which we later found out was under recall. He tried to refuse a refund stating their is no warranty on electrical parts.

Oh, this all took place in about 15 minutes.

--------------------
For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.

spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:

true, but to tell me they dont exist and to not go any further with me is another thing. I called up the ford dealership in fairfield, and while they dont have them bc they arent a ford racing dealer, they were able to get them from a dealership that was. good customer service FTW!
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats stupid.. some parts guys just don't know too much. all they can do is look in the computer.. they don't really know cars...if u ever run into that again, tell them to call serramonte ford and get it from them.. thats where most ford dealers around here get the ford racing stuff from( if they don't have it already)...
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by spegull03:
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:

true, but to tell me they dont exist and to not go any further with me is another thing. I called up the ford dealership in fairfield, and while they dont have them bc they arent a ford racing dealer, they were able to get them from a dealership that was. good customer service FTW!
+1 Fairfield Ford is an excellent dealer

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com