Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Lowballers

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Lowballers
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are the scum of the earth, this has nothing to do with an offer on my Mustang, but just in general, a guy selling a BBK Intake for $85 on here, good price, a guy offers $50, what the fuck, I sold my Pontiac for $3500, I got so many $2500 "Cash in Hand" offers.

There is only one thing I hate more than a lowballer, it's a lowballer with cash in hand.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL it is the American way. Just say no. Do you go to a car lot, or buy a house and just pay the listed price or do you negotiate?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ILL GIVE YOU $2000 FOR YOUR MUSTANG WITH THE TURBOCHARGED CASH IN HAND LOL J/K

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i cant stand lowballers myself but it comes w/ the territory. stangs are considered econo cars so ppl into these cars especially on this forum are always looking for the lowest price possible. i dont think the same can be said about some wealthy person looking to buy a 100k mercedes.

the cash in hand statement is retarded...im wondering what other form of payment are these low ballers think you'll accept otherthan cash? credit, check or trades? lol

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

850 Turb0
¯
Member # 6478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 850 Turb0  Ford pictures for 850 Turb0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
the cash in hand statement is retarded...im wondering what other form of payment are these low ballers think you'll accept otherthan cash? credit, check or trades? lol

Some people need a few days to get the money for something expensive like a car. If you're trying to sell a car quickly, someone with "cash in hand" might be an attractive deal to get the car out of their lives faster.

As for lowballers, I had my car listed for $2k and the guy asked me if I could lower the price any so I put it down to $1800 to be nice. But then the guy shows up with only $1500. I was not happy as we had both already agreed on $1800, but I wanted the car out of there so I gave it to him.

--------------------
It's just cheese.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well if you list a item for "Best Offer" or O.B.O. then you got to expect that. I have been guilty of the lowball a few times, and I think for the most part we all have. It actually comes with the territory of selling used items. Most of the times I give what is asked tho. Funny thing I bought a fender or something from blown67 and he wanted 35 bucks. I got there and somehow he ended up saying give me 25. I still gave him 35, a good price is a good price.

Not sure if he remembers that.

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never know until you ask... Why pay 5000 for a car when the guy would have taken 4000, when all you had to do was ask.

Chris [patriot]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C.:
Never know until you ask... Why pay 5000 for a car when the guy would have taken 4000, when all you had to do was ask.

Chris [patriot]

EXACTLY [patriot]

If you are firm on a price, FUCKING PUT THE PRICE AND PUT "FIRM." Then just delete the "offers." Is it really tearing up your world [Confused]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lowballing makes the world go around. [patriot]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Well if you list a item for "Best Offer" or O.B.O. then you got to expect that. I have been guilty of the lowball a few times, and I think for the most part we all have. It actually comes with the territory of selling used items. Most of the times I give what is asked tho. Funny thing I bought a fender or something from blown67 and he wanted 35 bucks. I got there and somehow he ended up saying give me 25. I still gave him 35, a good price is a good price.

Not sure if he remembers that.

i remember something about that. just figured u got some things from me b4 so why offer it to ya for an even better price.lol hey everyone that knows me. i got alot of knick knack mustang parts here an there an just need to clean house. so i tell everyone to come shopping. hahaha

[ November 02, 2007, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: BlowN67 ]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont take it personal. I dont. [Wink]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I lowball myself all the time. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was just a post, nothing serious, but lowballers are right there with car salesman and lawyers.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

An email I just received from a lowballer about my beater I'm selling for $1700

i see you still have your integra
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/467775327.html

ill take it off your hands today 500 cash. if you think thats to low
give me the lowest you're willing to go.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Trunkster:
An email I just received from a lowballer about my beater I'm selling for $1700

i see you still have your integra
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/467775327.html

ill take it off your hands today 500 cash. if you think thats to low
give me the lowest you're willing to go.

[Eek!] [BS flag]
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THAT, was an ASSHOLE [BS flag]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com