Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » coast high engines any good ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: coast high engines any good ?
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm thinking of having chp build a production block 347 afr185 long block capable of 14+psi of boost for me..Do you have any feedback in regards of performance,longivity,reliability and
cost effective? I have roughly about 5-6 k to spend and determined to buy from coast high since i work literally about a 1/2 mile from them plus they told me i eligable for a discount
since other employees at my work has bought from them and built good relationships..blah blah
How do you feel about coast high? [burnout]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have 5-6k to spend, why not go with an aftermarket block, 14psi + 347 + Stock Block would have me scared.

Personally I would go with an aftermarket short block with forgered internals, let them build that or have a local shop do it for you and piece together some used heads, intake, etc.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

93 cobra
¯
Member # 7546

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 93 cobra  Ford pictures for 93 cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have had 2 347's from them and they were both shit.

--------------------
1993 cobra
1956 crown
1956 hard top

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93 cobra:
I have had 2 347's from them and they were both shit.

can you explain your bad experiance?
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A former co worker had an engine from them that was shit. I have had short block kits and had someone else do the assembly with no problems.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought my 331 kit (nothing special, anyone could put the kit together) from them, but their customer service sucks. I will never use them again for that reason. Too many lies and delays.
Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My brothergot a CHP 418 ran it for about 4 month and split the block right between the cylinders.

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Wow! thank you guys for your feedback.
keep them coming [patriot]
It seem to be about 50/50 hearing about good and bad things about coast high.

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do yourself a big favor and buy local. I had a bad experience w/ a mail order engine and will never make that mistake again. There are local shops that will build a long block for the same price . And if there is a problem you will not have to remove the motor , ship it and wait months to get it back.I had to do that three times w/ the same motor. [Mad]

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

quote:
Originally posted by Tinner:
Do yourself a big favor and buy local. I had a bad experience w/ a mail order engine and will never make that mistake again. There are local shops that will build a long block for the same price . And if there is a problem you will not have to remove the motor , ship it and wait months to get it back.I had to do that three times w/ the same motor. [Mad]

Okay,
what if Coast high performance, facility is only a half mile away from my work? would you consider them then? I know your point,as that is why i havent considered d.s.s or any one else.
i already heard ford performance solutions sux!
and they are also close by...D&D racing is about 50miles away.now im thinkin of builing it my self .does any one know a good shops in socal?
I guess not chicaine motorsports since they use
coast high bits [Razz]

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Trunkster:
If you have 5-6k to spend, why not go with an aftermarket block, 14psi + 347 + Stock Block would have me scared.

Personally I would go with an aftermarket short block with forgered internals, let them build that or have a local shop do it for you and piece together some used heads, intake, etc.

+1

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since your in Southern Cal. Check out Ford Performance Solutions. I purchased my motor with them 6 years ago and have no complaints. But I've only put less than 3k miles on it. 25 1/4 miles runs and 7 dyno runs.

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

I'll probably kick out some more cash for a boss block or keep the boost level down to 9-10 with a stocker with a good tune and maybe methanol injection. [Wink]
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by street_illegal_stang:
quote:
Originally posted by Tinner:

Okay,
what if Coast high performance, facility is only a half mile away from my work? would you consider them then? I know your point,as that is why i havent considered d.s.s or any one else.
i already heard ford performance solutions sux!
and they are also close by...D&D racing is about 50miles away.now im thinkin of builing it my self .does any one know a good shops in socal?
I guess not chicaine motorsports since they use
coast high bits [Razz]

Coast parts aren't necessarily crap, it's their people assembling engines.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com