Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » So what do you guys think so far?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: So what do you guys think so far?
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well we are almost done with the secret conversion, but since we are at a good point I thought I would snap some pictures. What do you think so far? What's left is Stripes, brake conversion, and A/V. We would have had the brakes done butt a certain vendor supplied wrong hoses, oh well, it will be done later this week then. But from what you see 380R Conversion, Trufiber 3.5" Cowl hood, IPCW Projector Beams with HID Kit, 03 Cobra Interior swap (Seats, Airbags) (they match the dual grey that it had stock.) Ruff Racing 19x8.5 F, 19x9.5 R with 255/35/19 front, and 305/30/19 Rear, Bilsteins, so much more. Needs some finish detailing still but its been a fun little project that was never found out about.

-

-

-

-

[ October 21, 2007, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: 1Sicgt ]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Over all very nice. Don't like the Roush emblem on the side, fuel door and gap with rear tires.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so whats under the hood?
Pro71bird
¯
Member # 7844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pro71bird  Ford pictures for Pro71bird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks real good.

-

--------------------
George
1973 Camaro
2002 SVT Lightning

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the wheels the most, just not too partial to the hood or gas door. Great car though [burnout]
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by spegull03:
so whats under the hood?

+1

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well thats still under construction as that goes. It's the wives car, so it has to be somewhat practical still. But at least it has a decent foundation. It's kinda a Tuesday freak is what we heard it called. Back after we bought it we did a dyno day with a bunch of others and its surprised everyone by doing 282.3 rwhp with 286.1 rwtq. with only a K&N FIPK intake. I know I am awaiting Don's BS. But I have a dyno sheet somewhere still. and there was about 20 other cars there too, so its not like it wasn't seen a verified by others.

Currently it has all the bolt on garb, we are more less waiting to see what is in the budget and most practical for her. She doesn't need 800 hp. She does drive my kids in this car.

This was a major project even though it does seem like it, but approx 2 months ago, this had the airbags blown, radiator support dented, no front nose, headlamps, etc. So this was a bit of a job. (and a big thanks to everyone who came through with helping us get parts.)

She always wanted a Roush and I was going to make it happen as best as I could.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Frown]

I only said it was BS for a guy to gain 50RWHP with the mods he listed. It was an absolute lie. I spoke on that subject because I was 100% positive I was correct. It is just impossible. I had my $ to back it up. I have an 05+ so I was well educated on the subject.

Goodluck with the car.

[ October 22, 2007, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
[Frown]

I only said it was BS for a guy to gain 50RWHP with the mods he listed. It was an absolute lie. I spoke on that subject because I was 100% positive I was correct. It is just impossible. I had my $ to back it up. I have an 05+ so I was well educated on the subject.

Goodluck with the car.

It's cool man. I just know you usually add your $.02, so I have to preemptively respond. Hell it was posted right after it happened, back when the forum was still 98cobra.com.

Thanks for the good lucks wish. Hey as long as the woman is happy I am happy. She almost sold out into a minivan!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for those of us who dont remember the accident do you have any before shots?

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
QWKBTCH
¯
Member # 782

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWKBTCH  Ford pictures for QWKBTCH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[/qb][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the good lucks wish. Hey as long as the woman is happy I am happy. She almost sold out into a minivan!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [/QB][/QUOTE]

I DID NOT! I would never drive a minivan. What kinda crack are you smoking?!?!

Oh, and hi everyone that remembers me. And those of you that don't I am Autumn, Jon's wife. Not for long if he doesn't take that minivan crap back.

I love my car. The only car I was considering is a Infiniti G35 S. With the rally package. Pfff minivan? Never [Roll Eyes]
quote:

[ October 23, 2007, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: QWKBTCH ]

Posts: 487 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
StangSpdstr
¯
Member # 1254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StangSpdstr  Ford pictures for StangSpdstr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think itd look nice maybe if you threw some 03 cobra side skirts... i never liked the stock v6/gt ones i always wanted to change mine when i had my 2000.... just my .02 but over all i like the car always been a fav color on those years

--------------------
1997 Rio Red COBRA
FOR SALE :(
40 series flows

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would suggest to retrofit a set of oem hid projectors instead of an HID Kit with housings. Those housings are not fit for HIDs and will cause your light to spread, flare and blind everyone in front of you. But everything looks great overall.

[ October 27, 2007, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: essasin ]

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jon,
Car looks good man.. how did that truefiber hood fit?
I have had 3 in a row and they were all garbage. Fitment sucked, more holes in the fiberglass that you could imagine and the hood on the 05 right now is warped.

Tint those windows!

Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
I would suggest to retrofit a set of oem hid projectors instead of an HID Kit with housings. Those housings are not fit for HIDs and will cause your light to spread, flare and blind everyone in front of you. But everything looks great overall.

Actually the HID kit in these works perfect. It converted the bulb to an H1 kit, and has full adjustablity on where you aim the beam. I was very impressed with them overall. They hold true to a projection style lens. The light does not fan out like the use of a halogen lens. I will take pictures later this weak.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im not a big fan of stickers and badges and big hoods, spoilers, rivits on the wheels, fuel doors as a focal point etc., but im usually the minority when it comes to that stuff. Maybe take the same pics on an overcast day or not in the bright of day AND stand up next time and take the pics like a man!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com