Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Opinions on ticket....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Opinions on ticket....
RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RioredGT  Ford pictures for RioredGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Long story short....

I was heading 101 south near King City. CHP was headed north on 101. We pass each other and CHP flips a U turn and starts to follow me. As soon as we pass each other I start checking on him and when I see he's flipping a bitch I check my speed and slow down to 65. Now that he's following me(at this point I'm doing 65) he starts to pace me for like 3 minutes. Then he lights me up. Tells me I was doing 85(I wasn't)writes ticket for 80. I ask him how he determined my speed and he pauses then says radar.

So my question is, is it possible for a moving CHP to catch you on the radar??

I know I fucked up and should have asked him to show me the radar but I was too chicken at that point.

You guys think I have a chance at fighting it??

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes, been there done it [Frown]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well since he had you on radar, you are basically screwed. The only thing different would be if you asked to see the radar and he didn't show it to you. Still try to fight it, if you can, maybe get a no show. If you have to write in to fight it, don't bother.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Hozr
¯
Member # 6196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hozr  Ford pictures for Hozr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got popped there as well but the cop waited to San Ardo (13miles) to pull me over. I tried everything to get out of the ticket including postponing it repeatedly, no luck. That area is a speed trap.

--------------------
For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fight ticket by mail (i did)
claim he was driving and shooting from opposite direction. Range and closing speed greatly change the mph shown. Also state that you werent shown the radar after you requested to see it. Also state that when u ask"how did you determine my speed he said, "Uh by radar"..... UH says he had to think, meaning he was lying..... plently of ways to fight it....
Also him crossing the center divide is dangerous to himself and others and being his job is to promote saftey, he disregarded saftey to TRY and write a ticket when you werent speeding as he paced you non conclussional (sp?)
if its a lidar ticket, pm me cuz i won my case....
hope this helps give u a few fighting points.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RioredGT  Ford pictures for RioredGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
fight ticket by mail (i did)
claim he was driving and shooting from opposite direction. Range and closing speed greatly change the mph shown. Also state that you werent shown the radar after you requested to see it. Also state that when u ask"how did you determine my speed he said, "Uh by radar"..... UH says he had to think, meaning he was lying..... plently of ways to fight it....
Also him crossing the center divide is dangerous to himself and others and being his job is to promote saftey, he disregarded saftey to TRY and write a ticket when you werent speeding as he paced you non conclussional (sp?)
if its a lidar ticket, pm me cuz i won my case....
hope this helps give u a few fighting points.

thanks for these tips. [patriot]
The one about crossing the center divide won't work though since there was a "break" specifically for u turns.

I might try and fight it with ticket assassin but what scares me is that that area is known for tickets. If i fight it and lose does that mean I lose my chance at driving school?

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup, you could lose that privlage
Pro71bird
¯
Member # 7844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pro71bird  Ford pictures for Pro71bird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not worth the fight if you know you were wrong....my .02 cents

-

--------------------
George
1973 Camaro
2002 SVT Lightning

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
yup, you could lose that privlage

BUT the nice thing about fighting my mail is that if youre found guilty and dont like the outcome you CAN appeal it through written appeal and you will then be given a court date.... IF u delay it long enough(ie: going through the written process) by the time your appeal comes cop may not show, u can make a better fight, etc etc plenty of ways to have it let go. IF he does show, u can always ask the judge to reduce the fine and grant traffic school. (yes this is possible after a convivtion IF u get a nice judge.) Ill pm u more info later [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RioredGT:

****I check my speed and slow down to 65.*****

So my question is, is it possible for a moving CHP to catch you on the radar??

Yes, the CHP has "moving" radar.

In your post you stated "I check my speed and slow down to 65".. so it sounds like you were speeding...

Maximum Speed Limit
22349. (a) Except as provided in Section 22356, no person may drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than 65 miles per hour.

Take traffic school if you can.

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 to just doing traffic school. It will nullify the point and the cash lost is a lesson learned.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com