Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » P.O.S.T.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: P.O.S.T.
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was wondering if anyone on the site has taken the P.O.S.T. Test to become a peace officer? I applied for the Deputy Sheriff Trainee position back in July. Today, I received a notice today saying I qualified to take the test Oct. 30. I have a book to help me study, but I was wondering if anyone has any additional advise. In order to qualify for a paid position you need rank 1-3 or 85%. From what I hear most people have to take 2-3 time to get that. I really would like to do well, as this is a paid position.
lowriderryda
¯
Member # 7397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lowriderryda  Ford pictures for lowriderryda    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea i took it for oakland PD, its just reading and grammer, but its hard if you never been really into english, i barely passed and i Just got my BS degree
so i recommend catching up on puncution, grammer, and vocabulary

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by lowriderryda:
yea i took it for oakland PD, its just reading and grammer,

You just put oakland, reading and grammar in the same sentence!  -

[ October 12, 2007, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It may look similar to this:

http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/poWrittenPracticeTest.pdf

lowriderryda
¯
Member # 7397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lowriderryda  Ford pictures for lowriderryda    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
okay what you trying to say
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by graylx:
It may look similar to this:

http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/poWrittenPracticeTest.pdf

I have studied that practice test for over a year. I borrowed a book from my buddy called, "Guide to the California Police Officer Exam" it has four practice test and other useful information. I was just wondering if anyone has taken the POST and what areas they struggled in.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I'm just giving the oakland folks a hard time. [Big Grin]
I'm going for correctional officer right now. I take my test on Nov 1st so hopefully I'll pass everything. I know I can pass almost anything as far as written stuff but the physical test is going to be a chore for me. I'm eating better, cut out soda and am trying to work out. I just got a bike a couple months ago and am ridding quite a bit to prepare. Good luck with your test! [patriot]

[ October 13, 2007, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------

Abandon him.

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

quote:
yea i took it for oakland PD, its just reading and grammer, but its hard if you never been really into english, i barely passed and i Just got my BS degree
so i recommend catching up on puncution, grammer, and vocabulary

If you do not mind me asking, how was your score and did you get picked up by Oakland?
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:

I'm going for correctional officer right now. I take my test on Nov 1st so hopefully I'll pass everything. I know I can pass almost anything as far as written stuff but the physical test is going to be a chore for me. I'm eating better, cut out soda and am trying to work out. I just got a bike a couple months ago and am ridding quite a bit to prepare. Good luck with your test! [patriot]

CDC's physical test was a joke when I took it. [Razz]
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:

I may be wrong, but is that not the same POST test I have to take?
gt1990gt
¯
Member # 7211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt1990gt  Ford pictures for gt1990gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the CO test is hella ez. the physical test super ez. the hardest part for me is waiting been waiting one year so far for my background cheak shit its taking for ever.. and i want to smoke some bud hella bad...

--------------------
1990 Mustang Gt
Blue 17'' 1993 Cobra wheels

Posts: 314 | From: Vacaville Ca | Registered: Nov 2006  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by rgtrahn:
I may be wrong, but is that not the same POST test I have to take? [/QB]

I'm not sure if it is or not. As far as the test being hella EZ, I dont know about that. I'm not in shape so I have to work at it. No matter what I need to start working on myself anyway so this is as good of reason as any to do it. I want the job bad so its a good motivating factor to finally get off my ass and get it done.

--------------------

Abandon him.

graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I took the POST test and really didn't find it difficult. Passed first time in 97th percentile. The part that most people had trouble with is the CLOZE test. With the CLOZE test, short words are scored the same as longer words. Read the paragraph initially to determine the general meaning and then try to fill as many of the smaller words in first. Save the longer words or more difficult words for last. As long as your efficient with your time, you should be fine. Good luck.
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.chp.ca.gov/recruiting/html/officer.html

[Cool]

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
lowriderryda
¯
Member # 7397

yea i passed the test now i have oral board on oct 22, im also going do the psychical for redwood
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gt1990gt:
the CO test is hella ez. the physical test super ez. the hardest part for me is waiting been waiting one year so far for my background cheak shit its taking for ever.. and i want to smoke some bud hella bad...

WoW with that quote I hope you never become a cop or any form of government authority.. Just what I need a stoned cop coming to help me.

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

I took my P.O.S.T. Test today along with my physical. I "think" I did alright on the written, will not know for several weeks. Actually 3-6 weeks. Physical was amazingly ease. I can not believe that some people that want to be peace officers cannot make it over a 6 ft wall! [Roll Eyes]
I just printed my personal history statement. The packet is HUGE! [Eek!] I wish I knew how the ranking system worked. In order to move on, you must have a score of 57.1 rounded to 58, or rank 1-3. Now it is time to wait and see [Frown] . I have horrible patience.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com