Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What Should I Use To Smoke My Tail Lights?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What Should I Use To Smoke My Tail Lights?
01 GT
¯
Member # 7932

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01 GT  Ford pictures for 01 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know i can use the spray on stuff, the tints, or the cover ones, does anyone know with is the best or have any suggestions?
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive heard good things about VHT night shades... and its a spray if u didnt know...

[ October 06, 2007, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: 93ReefBlue5.0 ]

Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
N0SL050
¯
Member # 2719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N0SL050  Ford pictures for N0SL050    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep thats the stuff VHT night shades just clean , scuff, spray a few coats then clear it with some 2 part rattle can clear if you on a budget.

--------------------
Kustom Auto Detailing

Posts: 460 | From: Martinez ,Ca | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i don't know how the newer taillights are put together, but to smoke my foxbodys, i pulled the front off, sprayed the silver reflector insides gloss black with a rattle can, then sprayed a clear coat rattle can on the insides of the lenses. clean them first though!
they came out nicely smoked, not black, but dark enough to look good. lemme find a pic...

-

oh wow, how many people on here remember the red coupe??

[ October 06, 2007, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: shiftylx ]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

98 GT
¯
Member # 7944

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 GT  Ford pictures for 98 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bring it by My House
PWORLDSTANG
¯
Member # 7779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWORLDSTANG  Ford pictures for PWORLDSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the overlay tail light tints on my car and I couldn't be happier with them. They were easy as hell to put on and got me the look I wanted. I don't have to worry about them flying off or gradually peeling and seperating from the tail lights. I also wash my car every 1-2 weeks and I don't have any issues with water, soap, or wax building up and getting behind them, or on the surface of the tints. They went on easy and look good.

I got them from stangmods.com. They are good people to do business with.

http://www.stangmods.com/Mustang-Tail-Light-Tint-p/00338.htm

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com