Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Any feelings on the Volvo c70

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any feelings on the Volvo c70
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thinking about buying my wife one, with the premium package, xenon lights, and the navigation. Been researching and cant find too much bad to say about them. But I know we have some serious tech dudes here that can maybe give me some behind the scenes type stuff.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had a couple Volvo's over the years and they have proven to be good cars. The last one was an 98 S70 T5 turbo. That one took a 45 mph rear hit at a dead stop and survived. We pulled the rear frame rail tips back and reassembled the car using the old rear bumper and it looked ok..... my ex is still driving it.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea, my first mind was volvo because of the safety record. But I test drove the c70 with the geartronic crap and it was pretty cool. I didnt realize it was retractable top at first either
850 Turb0
¯
Member # 6478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 850 Turb0  Ford pictures for 850 Turb0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm assuming you're talking about the 2006-2007 C70? It is one sleek looking car. Volvo's have come a long way in the last ten years. I'd say go for it if you both like it.

--------------------
It's just cheese.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

2008, I am going to surprise, like the whole bow ribbon thing, but without the bow and ribbon...lol
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't get it unless you are getting the manual 6 speed tranny and the vert. Car is sick. Don't plan on passengers in the back unless they are migets though. But being they put back seats in the car brings your insurance down because they can call it a coupe not a sports car or whatever they do when it's just a two seater.

I'd get the wind screen though for the extra money, I'v heard the wind is a bit of an issue with the verts. Personally the rear tail lights are old school but are told tale volvo lights...HUGE mothers.

I think they only weight like 3200lbs or something so almost 230 hp off the lot should be fun a shit. Plus being a 5 cyl. will save a tiny bit of gas. And with ANY volvo turbo or not 91 octane only. You should look into some Audi's for the same price might find something you like more.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
Don't get it unless you are getting the manual 6 speed tranny and the vert. Car is sick. Don't plan on passengers in the back unless they are migets though. But being they put back seats in the car brings your insurance down because they can call it a coupe not a sports car or whatever they do when it's just a two seater.

I'd get the wind screen though for the extra money, I'v heard the wind is a bit of an issue with the verts. Personally the rear tail lights are old school but are told tale volvo lights...HUGE mothers.

I think they only weight like 3200lbs or something so almost 230 hp off the lot should be fun a shit. Plus being a 5 cyl. will save a tiny bit of gas. And with ANY volvo turbo or not 91 octane only. You should look into some Audi's for the same price might find something you like more.

I am getting the geartronic deal that lets you do manual or auto (wife cant drive a manual). I did get the wind screen. The back did seem kinda small, but passengers will be mostly kids. Trunk was huge even with the top in it. I didnt know the c70 came in a hard top. Dude at the lot made it sound like it was vert or bust.

Yea I was thinking audi. But I see alot of those, kinda wanna go against the grain.

[ October 02, 2007, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wife is in the same boat....doesn't even want to learn. Why I have no idea. Really upsets me when it comes time to buy a new car. I love the front end on that car and the hood design is awesome
850 Turb0
¯
Member # 6478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 850 Turb0  Ford pictures for 850 Turb0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:

I am getting the geartronic deal that lets you do manual or auto (wife cant drive a manual). I did get the wind screen. The back did seem kinda small, but passengers will be mostly kids. Trunk was huge even with the top in it. I didnt know the c70 came in a hard top. Dude at the lot made it sound like it was vert or bust.

Yea I was thinking audi. But I see alot of those, kinda wanna go against the grain.

They can come with a folding convertible hard top.

--------------------
It's just cheese.

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I personally like the hardtop better. I was looking at a lot of pictures of both, and theres something about a vert volvo that is out of a place, sort of like a topless old lady at the beach, they just dont go together. The hard top looks much nicer IMHO! Then again there's a retractable hardtop version that lets you have the best of both worlds. [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Man I dont know if I going to get it now. I went and checked out a gold one today (wife likes gold). And for some reason the interior and the controls look rather cheap and kinda plain. Didnt look that way when I checked out the celestial blue one. Yea I feel you on the drop thing. The retractable hard top is kinda sick tho.
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Man I dont know if I going to get it now. I went and checked out a gold one today (wife likes gold). And for some reason the interior and the controls look rather cheap and kinda plain. Didnt look that way when I checked out the celestial blue one. Yea I feel you on the drop thing. The retractable hard top is kinda sick tho.

Damn you know what I was just thinking that to myself. How cheap the interior looked, especially for a volvo. [Eek!] Yeah I'd go another route.

You should take a look at the new cadillac cts', [Eek!] [worship]

or even those new acuras are fukkin sick, especially inside with those cpu features [Eek!]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
FAST93
¯
Member # 6722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FAST93  Ford pictures for FAST93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THE AUDI IS A SICK CAR....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com