Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » WOW...pulled this from the tire

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WOW...pulled this from the tire
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've pulled some crazy things out of tires but so far this one is by far the largest and strangest. Last night wifes indicator light for low tire pressure came on so I checked the tires and found what looked to be part of a sparkplug...I couldn't tell for sure until I finally pulled it out. Took 30 min. to pull it out. It was in the tire up to the chewed up part of what you see in the pick. The dull rounded end of the sparkplug is what went into the tire!!!!

-

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy crap! thats crazy!

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haha ya that is wierd , I used to work at a tire shop and I have seen some shit in tires we started hangin the shit on tha walls for conversation pieces , I pulled a whole pair of pliers out of a tire one time [Big Grin]
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by red GT black rallyes:
Haha ya that is wierd , I used to work at a tire shop and I have seen some shit in tires we started hangin the shit on tha walls for conversation pieces , I pulled a whole pair of pliers out of a tire one time [Big Grin]

do you still have the pliers? I broke my needle nose last night pulling this thing out...sparkplugs are TOUGH little guys. Broke that and stripped all the teeth on my craftsman visegrips too... I can take these vicegrips to get replaced right? They are useless now and didn't do the job.
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah you should be able to with no problems. they have return on all there hand tools.
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
quote:

do you still have the pliers? I broke my needle nose last night pulling this thing out...sparkplugs are TOUGH little guys. Broke that and stripped all the teeth on my craftsman visegrips too... I can take these vicegrips to get replaced right? They are useless now and didn't do the job.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I worked at a tire place for a year and man whats crazy is we had a 4 runner that came in with a spark plug in the tire too [Confused] people losing spark plugs while driving down the freeway? lol....but ya while I was there, I'd see a lot of crazy shit in tires. Bolts, screws, nails of course..but you wouldn't imagine the things you would find puncturing a tire..

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

was that shop on Hwy 49?
i pulled a pair of pliers out of my tire once!
i still have them. some kind of fence pliers.

never would have thought it could happen twice!
wow.

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by J24I:
I worked at a tire place for a year and man whats crazy is we had a 4 runner that came in with a spark plug in the tire too [Confused] people losing spark plugs while driving down the freeway? lol....but ya while I was there, I'd see a lot of crazy shit in tires. Bolts, screws, nails of course..but you wouldn't imagine the things you would find puncturing a tire..

naw, its mexican mechanics throwing there old sprakplugs away the free way [dance]
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by J24I:

I pulled a whole butter knife out of a tire once. It was bent like a boomerang but in tact. I also found one needle end of a pair of needle nose pliers then got the other one a couple hours later.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com