Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Olive Garden's Never ending pasta bowl...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Olive Garden's Never ending pasta bowl...
06Xrunner
¯
Member # 6992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06Xrunner  Ford pictures for 06Xrunner  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many bowls can you eat?

I was full after 1 bowl but wanted to get my moneys worth ($8.95, yeah I'm cheap) so I ate just over 2 bowls, when the third came around I could barely east my first bite. The waiter came by and asked us if we wanted to-go boxes, I was like WTF??? A to-go with all you can eat? If I would have known that I could take some to-go I never would have eaten the second bowl... The manager came by, it seemed that we were randomly selected to take a survey and get a discount on our meal, so for two guys to eat with soda's and tip it was only $24! What a deal.

--------------------
01 Black GT 526WHP sold
2012 5.0 GT 625WHP sold
1984 Buick G/N Built and boosting...

Posts: 2124 | From: Chico, Ca | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
last time i went i was up against a guy that was double my weight. they gave us the check after 5 bowls, i guess that was their way of cutting us off

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
last time i went i was up against a guy that was double my weight. they gave us the check after 5 bowls, i guess that was their way of cutting us off

lol

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 06Xrunner:

I was full after 1 bowl but wanted to get my moneys worth ($8.95, yeah I'm cheap) so I ate just over 2 bowls, when the third came around I could barely east my first bite. The waiter came by and asked us if we wanted to-go boxes, I was like WTF??? A to-go with all you can eat? If I would have known that I could take some to-go I never would have eaten the second bowl... The manager came by, it seemed that we were randomly selected to take a survey and get a discount on our meal, so for two guys to eat with soda's and tip it was only $24! What a deal.

ya i've done that at red lobster when they have all u can eat shrimp. eat like 2-3 rounds and the last one i ask for a box. same thing with red robin's fries [Big Grin]

olive garden is pretty good, even probably 1 plate would be worth 8.95 other places it cost like 10-12 bucks and shit and its not even all u can eat. like in the movie Blank Check that one dude is like "it says all u can eat, not all u can eat here" lmao! haha

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never ending pasta bowl FTW! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that happened to me also. I ate one they gave me a box for the second. After my plate was clean the waitress came back and gave me a new plate of pasta. So I have lunch for two days for $9

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you cheap asses.... lol

nah, all you can eat anything FTW [patriot]

[ September 21, 2007, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
quote:

ya i've done that at red lobster when they have all u can eat shrimp. eat like 2-3 rounds and the last one i ask for a box. same thing with red robin's fries [Big Grin]

olive garden is pretty good, even probably 1 plate would be worth 8.95 other places it cost like 10-12 bucks and shit and its not even all u can eat. like in the movie Blank Check that one dude is like "it says all u can eat, not all u can eat here" lmao! haha

hell yea all you can eat shrimp! my dad and i got some dirty looks. [Big Grin]

no wonder america is fat! all you can eat!

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
olive garden is hurt [Whoo Whooooo!] last time i ate there i wanted to throw up

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:
olive garden is hurt [Whoo Whooooo!] last time i ate there i wanted to throw up

I agree. It's the nastiest "pasta" place I've ever been to. The only thing that's decent are the garlic bread sticks.
Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:

This is true [Frown]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

2002Sally
¯
Member # 7153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2002Sally  Ford pictures for 2002Sally  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

All you can eat shrimp is back!!!! [dance]
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell yea time for a feast!

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think all these chain resturants try and make up for lack of quality by offering these all you can eat deals. I never did like Olive Garden.

Now Sizzler all you can eat shrimp was another story [Wink]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Something must be wrong with me then because i LOVE the tuscan t-bone steak and the mixed grill. Thats the only time I'll eat salad too..and the bread sticks are helllla good.

WTF is a real good italian restaurant then?

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Becca
¯
Member # 7004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becca  Ford pictures for Becca  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
Something must be wrong with me then because i LOVE the tuscan t-bone steak and the mixed grill. Thats the only time I'll eat salad too..and the bread sticks are helllla good.

Macaroni Grill is muuuuch better

--------------------
Happiness isn't around the corner, happiness IS the corner!

'00 Silverado 1500 LT
'91 Mustang GT

Posts: 111 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit I'ma go the Olive garden after smoking a fat one. I guarantee they wont have a never ending bowl once I'm done with them, lol.

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
remember the monty python movie where the guy explodes after eating all the pasta?

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
93grbrGT
¯
Member # 6655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93grbrGT  Ford pictures for 93grbrGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2002Sally:
quote:
quote:
quote:

All you can eat shrimp is back!!!! [dance]
Hell ya! I went there the other day for my first time ever with my bro, bro n law and sis. We all ordered the endless shrimp except for sis. She knew what was up because me and my bro n law are hogs. I ate the main serving, 4 servings of scampi shrimp, and two fried shrimp platters. The manager brought out the last plate. I'm guessing she wanted to see where it was going. Maybe we'll head over there again since it's my sisters birthday this weekend and my brothers is today:dance:
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Becca:
quote:

There are some great Italian places in North Beach. Just pick one and it'll be 10x better than Olive Garden.
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
quote:
Originally posted by Becca:
quote:

There are some great Italian places in North Beach. Just pick one and it'll be 10x better than Olive Garden.
I second that. North Beach is great

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com