Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Car Insurance company recommendations

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Car Insurance company recommendations
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm with the family policy with State Farm at the moment but looking to see if we can get better rates. Looking to Allstate and Mercury for quotes..any good or bad feedback about these companies? any other recommendations for good and bargain price insurance companies.. esurance and geico???

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Coyoteswapfox92
¯
Member # 4057

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coyoteswapfox92  Ford pictures for Coyoteswapfox92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mercury is a very good company. I have been with them for about ten years and they have paid out 2 total losses. My rates have not moved a bit..... Wait yeah they did, they went down a few months back for some reason(can't remember). But yeah, I would recommend for sure.

--------------------
1992 Coyote project under construction.

Posts: 1051 | From: Yuba City, Ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive used Geico and 21st Century and had good luck. Its a toss up between those two for the best rate.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I acutally have state farm insurance and it is great. I just signed up for renters insurance and they give you a discount off your insurance premium. It basically pays for itself. I pay $80 a bucks a month for 2 cars and renters ins. they also have great customer service out of the SSF office.

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
69grandecj
¯
Member # 5794

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69grandecj  Ford pictures for 69grandecj  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Allstate sucks. If you get in an accident you car will be fixed with used and aftermarket parts galore. State Farm, Mercury, Liberty Mutual would be much better.

You get what you pay for in insurance.

--------------------
1969 Lime Gold Grande 428CJ 1 of 37
1969 Indian Fire SportsRoof
1989 Black GT Convertible 22k miles
2006 F-250 PSD Lariat CC

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 69grandecj:
Allstate sucks. If you get in an accident you car will be fixed with used and aftermarket parts galore. State Farm, Mercury, Liberty Mutual would be much better.

You get what you pay for in insurance.

Yep, check my signature.... Allstate sucks ass. We had 2 claims handled very well with Geico, I recommend them 100%.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
DRIVINFST
¯
Member # 2430

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRIVINFST  Ford pictures for DRIVINFST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got a policy with Esurance, saved my girl and I $200 a month compared to progressive.
Posts: 555 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AAA has been very inexpensive, I have multi discount. I do not have additional equip. coverage, but a couple months ago my touch screen DVD was stolen, and AAA replaced it and replaced all the interior panels/body damage without hesitation.
Five Decimal Zero
CAFords OG
Member # 1251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five Decimal Zero  Ford pictures for Five Decimal Zero  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've always thought AAA was expensive but for some reason they beat Mercury Insurance's (through AIS) quote by $200/yr. They basically mirrored my existing coverage with Mercury and beat it. Plus I get AAA membership... free towing, in-house DMV, etc...
Posts: 972 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: May 2002  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im back w farmers we have been kickin aaa and allstates ass on insurance i can give you quotes if you want much better if you have multiple cars as well as home or rental coverage we also give discounts for certain occupations pm with your info if you want me to run some figures for you. Our agency is diffrent then most though we will NOT write min state coverage we asses your assests and recomend coverage to protect what you have worked hard for from catastrophic losses. We put a very professional and educational proposal together for you. LMK if you are interested [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Farmers ownes!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
Farmers ownes!

you guys have farmers [Confused] that blows we would be great for your fam we market to a select group of peeps and your fam would be perfect but farmers is gay now and makes it pretty much impossible and costly to take other pol. I wrote policies for someone a couple yrs ago who wants me to help him now and i am having to pay another agent who i gave it to a whole yr worth of commision to get back [Roll Eyes] [BS flag] tell your parents to cancel for 60days then come to me [Big Grin] haha

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FoRdGiRl:
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
Farmers ownes!

you guys have farmers [Confused] that blows we would be great for your fam we market to a select group of peeps and your fam would be perfect but farmers is gay now and makes it pretty much impossible and costly to take other pol. I wrote policies for someone a couple yrs ago who wants me to help him now and i am having to pay another agent who i gave it to a whole yr worth of commision to get back [Roll Eyes] [BS flag] tell your parents to cancel for 60days then come to me [Big Grin] haha
LOL My parents have had Farmers for years. One of my old high school buddies owns his own Farmers franchise or something.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AAA is what I would recommend.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
handsdown the best prices are at wawanesa.com
my policy is expiring this month and just for kicks i got quotes oday from ais, esurance and the lowest one out of 25+ companies was $200 more from what i pay w/ wawanesa.

mustang928
¯
Member # 2123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustang928  Ford pictures for mustang928    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
my policy is expiring this month and just for kicks i got quotes oday from ais, esurance and the lowest one out of 25+ companies was $200 more from what i pay w/ wawanesa.

X2... They are the best and when it comes to claims, they are also A+. You can go online and get a quote from them.
Posts: 333 | From: CALIFORNIA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustang928:
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:

X2... They are the best and when it comes to claims, they are also A+. You can go online and get a quote from them.
yup...i always recommend them cuz i know the prices are the lowest. someone do some comparisons and let me know if u can find a lower price.
Five Decimal Zero
CAFords OG
Member # 1251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five Decimal Zero  Ford pictures for Five Decimal Zero  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, they beat my AAA quote by $400! [Eek!]
How is their overall service? I am seriously considering them...

Posts: 972 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: May 2002  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by Five Decimal Zero:
Damn, they beat my AAA quote by $400! [Eek!]
How is their overall service? I am seriously considering them...

the service is pretty good. i havent had a claim personally but know a few that have. just weeks ago, a buddy of mine who i also recommended totalled his car and was offered a reasonable amount by wawanesa. i still use AAA for their tow service.

comon..anyone else come up with some better rates before i decide to insure my car for the next year.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

94dropteezyGT
¯
Member # 2385

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94dropteezyGT  Ford pictures for 94dropteezyGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any one here have Progressive??? How are they??? when it comes to filing claims....

--------------------
" and im out... half a blunt hangin out my mouth speedin' like a demon on 101 south..."

R.I.P. Nicholas Bowley
R.I.P. Mike "Biggie" Aguilar

Posts: 159 | From: san francisco | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

just an fyi for everyone do what you want with it...

Most people go by price when shopping for insurance and yes you can get extremely cheap insurance out there but the real reason to have insurance is in case of accident/damage/injury/and death your transferring the finacial part to the insurance company. You sign a contract for max pay of 100000 or less the company is gonna write you a check for that and tell you to call a lawyer if the damages are more and are now off the hook. sooo if you kill someone and get sued for a million dollars it is now your responsibility to come up with 900000 and most of us dont have that or have it invested in places or our property and dont wanna have to give up what we worked hard for over the years.

We have been re writing people with min coverage and 9 out of 10 times saving them money and giving them more coverage and the 1 we are costing them a lil more but again if something happens they are taken care of and dont have to kiss what they worked hard for or future earnings goodbye.

Most agents dont take the time to asses your risks so you get what you pay for and get screwed in the end. If you can afford to pay for good insurance and have assest you'd like to keep and not lose i highly suggest you anaylize that and purchase coverage that helps protect that [patriot]

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

the amount of coverage you choose really depends on how much assets you have under your name. if you're some 20year old w/ only a car to your name it makes no sense to go w/ high coverage.
typically when comparing prices, i make a apples to apples comparison ensuring the coverage limits are identical. since i have properties in my name i end up maxing all coverage...anyhow, that said wawanesa is still the lowest insurance quote ive gotten for 2 years in a row..

[ September 21, 2007, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

69grandecj
¯
Member # 5794

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69grandecj  Ford pictures for 69grandecj  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89dropteezyLX:
Any one here have Progressive??? How are they??? when it comes to filing claims....

There rates are good and they do give quick service, but your car WILL be repaired with aftermarket parts. They are they only insurance company that I deal with that uses non DOT approved aftermarket headlights.

--------------------
1969 Lime Gold Grande 428CJ 1 of 37
1969 Indian Fire SportsRoof
1989 Black GT Convertible 22k miles
2006 F-250 PSD Lariat CC

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com