Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Aftermarket warranties? Input appreciated...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Aftermarket warranties? Input appreciated...
06Xrunner
¯
Member # 6992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06Xrunner  Ford pictures for 06Xrunner  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I found an 03 Cobra that I am VERY serious about buying, they offer an aftermarket warranty with it through Eagle Warranty Corp. The dealer also includes a 90 day unlimited mileage warranty with the car but they are on the east coast...

These are what the rates are for the "FREEDOM" plan
1yr unlimited miles : $975.00
2yr unlimted miles : $1,275.00
3yr unlimited miles : $1,515.00
4yr unlimted miles : $1,815.00
HERE IS THE DESCRIPTION OF THE WARRANTY

I have heard so many bad things about aftermarket warranty companies in general that I don't know what to do. Has anyone dealt with this company specifically? Do you think this is a decent price for the warranty? Any and all input is appreciated!

[ September 17, 2007, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: 06Xrunner ]

--------------------
01 Black GT 526WHP sold
2012 5.0 GT 625WHP sold
1984 Buick G/N Built and boosting...

Posts: 2124 | From: Chico, Ca | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
never heard of them but it sounds too cheap, i can sell u a variety of warrantys and if u bring it to my shop i wave the deductible.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most of those warranties they have ways of getting out of paying for most anything. Is the car still under any factory warranty at all?

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
06Xrunner
¯
Member # 6992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06Xrunner  Ford pictures for 06Xrunner  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I am afraid of them not covering anything, then I paid $1200+ for nothing... The car has 35390 miles, but its an 03 so I am assuming that its no longer under warranty.

--------------------
01 Black GT 526WHP sold
2012 5.0 GT 625WHP sold
1984 Buick G/N Built and boosting...

Posts: 2124 | From: Chico, Ca | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What dealer are you buying the Cobra from?

I personally would NOT be lured in by any deal from a warranty corporation that makes it profits solely from denying its customers from the services they paid for.

Heres one of my results of said company from a quick google search:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/193/ripoff0193335.htm

98_No_Bra
¯
Member # 2351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98_No_Bra  Ford pictures for 98_No_Bra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the aftermarket warranties are not covered in Cali. I tried to get one but found out they were only covering out of state vehicles. May havejust been that company.

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=43770/pageNumber=1

Based on my strong recommendation, my friend insisted that he was interested in purchasing only a Ford warranty and after some searching our F&I person found the information for the Ford brand. My friend decided on the coverage he wanted to purchase, taking into consideration his planned time of ownership, mileage he estimated he would accumulate, and price of the different levels of coverage. The F&I person had to consult the Ford ESP policy book in order to fill out the paperwork properly and later told us that he had never before sold the manufacturer's brand. Don't accept "no" for an answer. If a vehicle manufacturer's name is on the building, they can sell you that brand of contract.

The reason a dealership may claim to sell only one brand is that they often make more money on the aftermarket brand and/or that brand may be tied in with the dealer. Many dealers have their own brand of contract, in which they have a financial interest, with a fancy name to make it sound impressive. One thing is certain, if there is money to be made, then the dealer is going to be involved; that's just smart business sense. Keep in mind that the F&I person's commission may also be tied into the brand of contract that they are trying to sell you. You should explore all of your options based on what you want and what your needs are rather than letting the dealer lead you down a path of excessive warranty coverage just to score a higher commission.

--------------------
Better to burp and taste it then to fart and waste it!!!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com