Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Advice on selling

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Advice on selling
newowner
¯
Member # 7640

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for newowner  Ford pictures for newowner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, before you guys say we are nuts...it isn't definite that we are doing this. We are just trying to be good stewards of our money. I'm the chick who won the 1965 Mustang GT Fastback 2+2, fully restored by the DIY Network Classic Car Restoration show this spring. They gave me papers saying it was worth $38,500 but told me that it is worth more and should sell higher. I have all the episodes on DVD showing everything they've done to the car. One of our cars is on its last leg. We really need two reliable cars. We are "toying" with the idea of selling the mustang so we don't have two car payments. My husband is a pastor so we don't have a lot of money. IF we wanted to...how do we go about selling a classic car like this? I thought you all would be the best resource. This car is gorgeous and I really don't want to part with it, but it sits in the garage looking all purty and is only driven once every few weeks. So, where do I even start??

[ September 14, 2007, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: newowner ]

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your best bet is to list it on ebay using all the premium listing services they have so it gets good exposure. cars like that are hard to sell locally and because its a nationally known car, ppl would have less doubts about the condition of it(assuming you have kept it up). just make sure you list it correctly.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

GreyLX
¯
Member # 5601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyLX  Ford pictures for GreyLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got $20k CASH with your name on it. You tell me where and when and we can do this.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
93GT DSS331 incon800tti

xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PM sent.

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

69grandecj
¯
Member # 5794

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69grandecj  Ford pictures for 69grandecj  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.carsonline.com/

or ebay as previously mentioned.

--------------------
1969 Lime Gold Grande 428CJ 1 of 37
1969 Indian Fire SportsRoof
1989 Black GT Convertible 22k miles
2006 F-250 PSD Lariat CC

newowner
¯
Member # 7640

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for newowner  Ford pictures for newowner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car is in show condition and stored in the garage. We've only had it for 2 months. We drove it like 4 times. Original paint (red), inside cream all new upholstery, fancy stuff only my husband understands, air conditioning, hidden CD player, boyd coddington rims, dual master cylinder. You can see what they did to the car at the following website: http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/episode_archive/0,2019,DIY_14281_335,00.html Look for the 500 series of shows. In fact, they are repeating the episodes right now on the DIY network!! We wouldn't take less than $38,000 for the car since that is what it is valued at and what we paid taxes on. Since it was professionally restored and amazing, I'm sure we can get more.

[ September 14, 2007, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: newowner ]

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First of all .... DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! [Smile]

If it was my car and I needed to sell it I would 1st figure out what I want to get for it (sounds like you are already there). I would try and sell it on e-bay and Mustang Trader 1st. If you can't get what you want you can always try a broker. Although they will take a peice of the pie [Wink]

But most of all..... DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
newowner
¯
Member # 7640

92stanglx...thanks, I needed to hear that. It is like a horrible battle! The car is really a dream.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com